Bell Mobility

lmurph
I was a customer with bell mobility and was not satisfied with them at all. I got outrageous bills, and had lousy customer service. I called in November of 2009 and cancelled my contract they told me that i had to give a 30 day advance notice and that i would receive my final bill on December 20 2009. Well that day came and went and no final bill so i called again this time they said it would be sent out on Jan 20 2010. They still billed me for 2 months and my phone was not being used, which is not right. They also told me that my final bill with cancellation fee would be $1024.00 which was a lie. To this date i still have not received a final bill but they had no problem sending it to a collection with the amount of $2300.00. For this i am sending a letter to the BBB as well as the CRTC and my lawyer these pricks aren't getting that amount out of me if i have anything to say about it. I am not satisfied with Bell or their service at all. Anyone who wants to go with Bell Don't Do It
Linda

DurkaDurka
I don't suppose you read the contract prior to signing it?

Besides the 2 months in dispute, you realize you incur fees when you cancel a contract there are costs involved?

Also, did you pay the remaining balance up to and including Dec 29'th?

lmurph
Well to tell you one thing i never signed a contract and yes my bill was paid up.
But i will be insisting they send me my contract with my signature on it as my lawyer requested that i do so.

DurkaDurka
From your first post "I called in November of 2009 and cancelled my contract" If you are canceling a contract you had to have agreed to it.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by lmurph View Post

Well to tell you one thing i never signed a contract and yes my bill was paid up.
But i will be insisting they send me my contract with my signature on it as my lawyer requested that i do so.

So, are you saying that Bell simply stopped you on the street, and gave you a phone, and now they're billing you?

Wow, that's quite a business model.

lmurph
What i'm saying is i've been trying to cancell my phone since Nov 2009 they have sent me a bill of $911.00 in Dec 2009. When i asked is this my final bill they said they needed a 30 day notice which they told me in Nov which is now 60 days. When i asked for a copy with my signature on it they have not complied. Since then i have gotten a letter from a collection agency for the amount of 2300.00 why did they not respond to me when i requested instead they choose to send it straight to a collection agency.

gerryh
did you give them 30 days written notice by registered mail, or did you tell some csr on the phone that you wanted to cancel?

DurkaDurka
Have you tried speaking to customer service supervisor?

lmurph
By phone all calls are recorded with bell when you call them

johnle5
In responds to lmurph Bell mobility. I live in Ontario but work out of the province there are approx 20 of us. Out of the 20 there are about 6 that deal with bell mobility over the last 6 months there has been nothing about complaints about bell mobility billing, out of the 6 people there is only 1 person left the rest have opted to drop them and went elsewhere, they all have the same issues when cancelling their phones. They have all said pretty much the same , problems with their service and contracts being renewed without their consent

gerryh
those that complain about contracts being renewed without consent...... have they accepted a new free phone from Bell?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

those that complain about contracts being renewed without consent...... have they accepted a new free phone from Bell?

lol@ "free".

I see where you are going with that though. A new phone would be subsidized and would amount to your contract being extended 2-3 years.

johnle5
Only 1 and it was to replace his broken phone and when he realized what they did he cancelled with frustration!! There was another guy who's service was cut off due to non payment but showed me on his computer that it was PAID when he finally got through to customer service the next day they realized their mistake it seems like customer satisfaction comes last with bell. Thank god I do not have that problem with my provider, neither will these people as they switched providers as well.

lmurph
I understand its up to the customer to read the fine print but have you seen the length of the contracts and they never disclose the full contents at the Bell Mobility counter it seems like the faster they sign someone up thats all that counts because no matter if customer service is provided they still get their money. Remember th customer is always right, there have been too many complaints against Bell and they do not want the government to open up the monopoly. Is it because to many people would leave them high and dry and they would not have this cash cow anymore

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by lmurph View Post

I understand its up to the customer to read the fine print

Indeed; when you sign a contract, you are confirming that you have read and agree to it. That's what signing it means.

Not sure why people have trouble with this concept. Don't sign something unless you've read it.

lmurph
Remember this is Canada we should not have to walk around with a lawyer in our back pockets. Bell was a great company before now!! Now its all about the mighty Dollar and not customer satisfaction or service for that matters. I can only imagine the older people (elderly) that are getting burnt because they do not fully understand what was not explained in contracts. Once its final and the Canadian Government opens up the cell phone network Bell will have to buck up or step aside, and i suggest by the complaints maybe they should start now and win customers back. I'm so glad that i am no longer with them.

DurkaDurka
The government has already auctioned off wireless spectrum for more competition, Wind Mobile being the first to be begin operating. A contract is a contract though, regardless of the company you sign it with.

johnle5
a contract is a contract but the majority of complaints are against bell mobility 5 out 6 of my co workers choose to drop them that says it all does nt it

lmurph
A contract can be broken if the service is not fully provided. If you read the complaints from others it states pretty well the same. Bell Mobility failed to full fill there part of the contract. Thus a contract can and is boken when they stop providing service.

ihatecells
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I don't suppose you read the contract prior to signing it?

Besides the 2 months in dispute, you realize you incur fees when you cancel a contract there are costs involved?

Also, did you pay the remaining balance up to and including Dec 29'th?

Whatever way you look at it 2300 is too much, small claims court, thats what you need to do, the did the same thing to me.. called in to cancel, kept billing me for 4 months before i finally went to a wirelesswave and the gentleman told me to just transfer my number to like a rogers pay as you go, that will automatically cancel them. It did work and I never ended up paying for those 4 months, just the cancelation fee

Mic
all the cell phone companies have very tough policies about cancellations. its crazy!!

MadFritzy
I had a Bell Mobil Phone. I broke it and called to cancell the phone and pay the amount owing back in November. I paid the bill in full.
There response was because the phone was in active they would have to charge me a re-activation fee.
I said are you crazy I lost the phone and am with another company - I had not used the phone in over a month.
They reactivated the phone and sent the unpaid bill to a collection agency it arrived today - Feb 2011.
I just paid the accumulated bill on an inactive (lost) phone again ($159) (total for both bills were over $300).

I would recommend any other phone company but Bell.
If you get a solictation from them - do yourself a huge favour - hang up. Even better pass this on to anyone contemplating going with Bell. If you loose or break your phone - a gee a reactivation fee. hmm Sounds like a cash grab to me. PS the phone was paid for in full prior to it being broken.

They are terrible.