Bell Mobility Lack Of EVERYTHING (Bell Mobility Union)

snickerbean
I hope this lets other people know how horrible bell as a company is...

Since I signed on with Bell mobility, (December 2006) I have received nothing but problems.
  1. First my cell phone is $229 to fix for something that cant be explained as to why it was broken in less than a months use,
  2. second, I was sold a warranty for the phone, after it was broken, and the warranty wont cover the damages. Not to mention Iím now on a three-year contract with a phone that barely works.
  3. Third I received the phone back with a piece missing from it. It took me to CRY to finally allow the manager of the bell store to help me with my phone.
  4. Fourth My plan mysteriously changes, with out me being informed, then I'm told it was a promotion, and If I can prove I wasnít informed of it, I can have my plan back, So then I prove it the
  5. (sales guy responsible will even state I was not informed) and then Customer service Bell informs me that NO, they never said they would change my plan back it I have to deal with it.
  6. As well customer service never returned any of our phone calls and only finally dealt with us when we called to see what was the delay.
  7. On top of all that every time i try to view my account online, and see my bill, the website never is working, and the bill is always unavailable. As well the reception for bell is very limiting and probably makes bell the worst reception, and dropped calls in North America.

Why is it that TELUS, and ROGERS can provide their customers with cheap alternatives to broken phones, provide customers with new phones, and provide great customer service to their customers, Have superior reception and low dropped calls, and practice the policy that the Customer Is Always Right? And Yet Bell DOES NOTHING! Except say DEAL with it?

Yes I will deal with it, and this message will be posted on numerous websites and be passed around to make Consumers aware of the lack of corporate responsibility Bell has to their customers.

I guess i have no choice but to wait an see what will happend during the remainder of my 3 year contract!

asagan
The best decisions I have made in a long time were to get rid of my cell phone and switch to Vonage.

mendedmorbid
from what i understand..
bell doesnt bring in a lot of income.
its owned completely by shareholders.. they cant keep their profits.
companys such as telus and rogers bring in a lot more money. they have the resources to better train their customer service representatives that can keep you happy, to build larger networks and purchase the most up to date technologies and offer the best services.
they dont have to resort to underhanded tricks to keep customers.
mind you.. i once worked for rogers wireless.. so maybe im a little biased?

i will say. for customer service.. you cant get much better then rogers.
they dont always have the very best price plans as they dont need to.

snfu73
I just hate cellphones period and will NEVER EVER own one.

TenPenny
I've dealt with Aliant Mobility since what, 1985 or so, and have never had any issues. Free upgrades every 2 or 3 years. No worries, mate.

chaarger
Bell has a very poor corporate culture. Middle management is filled by people that have been in the company for 10 years or more. People that got in on the ground floor and then moved up into positions of authority without getting the educational foundation - or wider perspective on how to run a business.

Bell Canada does not care about being a "leader" but a "fast follower"

Toro
Bell sucks.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by Toro View Post

Bell sucks.

Yeah and not in a nice "can I buy you a drink" sort of way!

Dreadful Nonsense
They disposed of a large chunk of "Promised" pension plans for long term employees. One of the verbal barginning chips their union had always had when they went to the bargaining table for years. Bell dissolved those agreements this year when they diclosed what are in the pesions for these large mass of employees. They are back to the bargaining table this year and the employees are hoping their union gets this in writing. The employees are more than scared at losing this , and now see the union as not so competant.

Bell does indeed suk

IdRatherBeSkiing
Sounds like a standard complaint against (Pick one: Bell/Rogers/Telus/Fido).

I have Bell for my 2 phones and have never had a problem which they didn't correct. Of course, I didn't smash my phone against a sidewalk and try to claim warrenttee repairs but I've been in a store when somebody was trying to do that. Perhaps that is what was going through the Bell person's minds when the initial poster returned their cell phone for repair.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Sounds like a standard complaint against (Pick one: Bell/Rogers/Telus/Fido).

I have Bell for my 2 phones and have never had a problem which they didn't correct. Of course, I didn't smash my phone against a sidewalk and try to claim warrenttee repairs but I've been in a store when somebody was trying to do that. Perhaps that is what was going through the Bell person's minds when the initial poster returned their cell phone for repair.

Hey not to be insensitive to the original poster but this has me ROFLMAO!!

"Of course, I didn't smash my phone against a sidewalk and try to claim warrenttee repairs but I've been in a store when somebody was trying to do that"
god i wish I was there hahahahahahahahaha.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

They disposed of a large chunk of "Promised" pension plans for long term employees. One of the verbal barginning chips their union had always had when they went to the bargaining table for years. Bell dissolved those agreements this year when they diclosed what are in the pesions for these large mass of employees. They are back to the bargaining table this year and the employees are hoping their union gets this in writing. The employees are more than scared at losing this , and now see the union as not so competant.

Bell does indeed suk

My pension is doing great at Bell, not all Bell employees belong to CEP or any union for that matter.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

My pension is doing great at Bell, not all Bell employees belong to CEP or any union for that matter.

management? so you know more about what I'm talkiignabout then me huh...can you shed more light on the the whole tactic you guys are useing.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

management? so you know more about what I'm talkiignabout then me huh...can you shed more light on the the whole tactic you guys are useing.

Not all non-management personal within BCE companies belong to unions. I work in the Technology Dept for expressvu, there are no unions at all. Non-management & management have excellent benefits and pensions.

leeloo.dallas
Snickerbean, you are absolutely right Bell does NOTHING for its costumers except rip them off!

My year with Bell has been a nightmare of no comparison, just as it has been for an unbelievable number of people in my entourage!
Anyway, you should look into porting out your number, which means keeping the same number that you have with your Bell phone but transferring it to Rogers or Fido who have much better price plans, much better phones and not to mention much better coverage! If you call Bell and actually threaten them to port out your number or even just ask about it they might even give you an amazing Retention Package which you would usually not be able to get because they do not offer it except if someone wants to cancel!
So Good Luck and let's hope everything works out for the best. Keep us posted!

Leeloo

berylann
I have just discovered how disgusting Bell is also to deal with! I do a lot of travelling and in November was sold a "world" phone - yeah right. To be fair it did work once - in Jamaica but since then has had no signal in Mexico and in the UK. I signed up for a 36 month contract - not really needing a phone so expensive or with as many capabilities but deciding it was for the best because of my travelling. Now I am stuck with it according to Cam, manager at the local bell world store where it was bought. Apparently they "do not guarantee" that the phone will work in other countries - what a crock!! He said he could not do anything to help me - you can be sure that they will be losing another customer as soon as my "sentence" is up!! I also have symptatico, express vu and my home phone is Bell - they will all be going. Their customer service really sucks.

Fingertrouble
Quote: Originally Posted by mendedmorbid View Post

telus and rogers bring in a lot more money. they have the resources to better train their customer service representatives that can keep you happy

Telus and cutomer service????.....now there is a TRUE OXYMORON!

no color
Not only do I not have a cell phone with Bell, but I also don't have my home phone service with Bell. Bell was the major player here for home phone service, but thank the Lord we now also have other choices, like Videotron, otherwise my cell phone would be the only phone.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by no color View Post

Not only do I not have a cell phone with Bell, but I also don't have my home phone service with Bell. Bell was the major player here for home phone service, but thank the Lord we now also have other choices, like Videotron, otherwise my cell phone would be the only phone.

You are trading one evil for another, don't think for a second that Videotron cares 2 bits about you as a customer.

bellsucks
In April of this year, i went to Wireless wave here in Milton, Ontario. I was going to get a Rogers Fido plan, but was talked into getting a solo mobile plan(bell) by the sales rep. Supposedly a better package etc. When I got home with my new phone/plan, noticed there was no signal in my house area(over 500+ homes). Went back to wireless wave and told them I didn't want the plan service anymore because there is no service reception and I need the phone for home business use as previously explained. They said they'd switch out the phone for me...did that..same thing. Was told to wait a few weeks because perhaps network changes were underway...did that...same crap. Called Solo(bell) to report the network problem a few weeks ago, they said they'd open a trouble ticket. I called today to get an update on the ticket, was told the engineer agrees that there is a huge coverage problem in the area, however, they need a budget to fix the problem. Was also told that not enough people have called in to complain about the problem. When I mentioned that I've had this problem since day one...have had a phone/plan which is absolutely useless to me...barely logged any minutes on the phon even though I have unlimited calling for 3months. Was basically told too bad...there was nothing they'd do for me..no credit on my account until the problem gets fixed, I'd still have to wait 30 days before they cancel the plan...then still get nailed for the $300 cancellation fee. I don't understand how they can get away with forcing me to pay a cancellation, pay my monthly fees etc, yet they don't have to fix their problems to provide the service that we as customers pay for. No help at all on their end..spoke to a supervisor same thing. I said if they can at least credit me for 30 day I have to wait for the cancellation to kick in...nope...Asked if they would discount the cancellation ...nope...asked if they could credit me a bit for the problems since I'm not getting any service...nope...nada...nothing. So here I am, have had to pay for the past couple of months...going to have to pay the 30 days prior to the cancellation...then pay the $300.

The company sucks...I'm glad to see the company will be sold..probably chopped up etc. As for Wireless wave, another band of crooks. Basically throw their hands up in the air and say there is nothing they can do...even though I was talked into Solo by the sales rep when I had told them I wanted fido...was sold a plan and phone..and they don't stand by their customers. Asked if there was something they can do if I cancelled the solo plan and tried to go with rogers/fido..answer was "I'll see what I can do" which is a wishful way of saying NOPE.

Finally...found out that Solo Mobile(bell) got rid of their 15 day backout policy..they used to have a policy where you can back out of the contract within 15 days of initial setup. They just got rid of that in mid-march..a few weeks b4 I signed up.

So..I'm screwed, I'm out all that money. However, I will in no way...EVER EVER get anything to do with Bell. In case you have a Bell phone line, tonnes of options out there instead of Bell. I use the talkbroadband service from Primus.ca for a fraction of the landline price of bell.

Dalreg
I have to laugh at the number of people who bitch and complain about phone service in Canada. Do you all honestly think the company no matter who they are give a rats ass about you a lone individual? They have your money and they have your signature on a contract usually for 2/3 years and that is all THEY care about.

Realog
DO NOT BUY WIRELESS WAVES EXTENDED WARRANTY! IT IS BOGUS! I bought extended warranty at the Abbotsford BC Wireless Etc inside the Costco store. When I got my phone I was told everything about how beautiful the extended warranty is and how they will fix your phone if it breaks down, give you a lender phone or replace the phone if it comes back after that.

All Lies!

My phone broke down in July of 2007 and they were not able to take my phone in until August as they didn't have loaner phones at the time, according to the manager(Mike)

Then they gave me a Nokia loaner phone from around year 2000 that had 3 minutes of battery life. After I complained about the lack of being able to use this loaner phone, it took a week for them to track down an Audiovox which was also really old but gave about 30 minutes of talk time.

I got my phone back and it had the same problems and I sent it back in within a week or two. Then I got another brick of a loaner phone and it took until CHRISTMAS!!!! to get my phone back.

Once Again within one week my phone was back since the problem was not fixed! So I took it in for a third time.

This time I got a nice Razr phone as a loaner since I complained about my past loaner phone experience. Sure Enough the Razr was dead and unable to charge. I called the store back to tell them how I need my phone for work reasons as it is my only number for contact. I was told they had no loaner phones and forced to wait until this Saturday (Jan 12th) to get a very old Samsung phone as my loaner phone.

Now my phone will probably not be back again till about March 2008 as it has taken them an average of 2-3 months at a time to get my phone back. This is silly as I have not had my phone for more then one week since August 2007 and they are still trying to fix it. I asked the store manager Mike to replace the phone under warranty as promised and he told me it wasn't possible.

I asked the female employee there and was told nothing they could do about phone replacement. What about all the promises? She admitted they were lies and all they can do is repair the phones. Remeber they have the 39% qouta to meet on how many extended warrenty's they sell, so they lie to you to sell them.

I have asked them to get me in touch with the district manager since all i wanted was my phone being replaced under warranty so I could finally have a proper working phone, and they told me they can't do that. I ask them to tell the DM to call me, and they shrugged it off and said no can't do that either, they're busy and have things to do.

This is bogus, so buyer beware! Wireless Wave and Wireless Etc's extended warranty pitches are all lies! They are just a gimic to help pad sales and profit margins. All you get in return is a out-dated loaner phone while they flash your phones firmware and send it back to you. Anything more then this would be considered neglect based damage and that is not covered under this warranty.

I hope this helps you all not get scammed, put that extended warranty money towards a new phone you will need to buy when the current one dies.

Take Care everyone,

YoungJoonKim
We all know how stupid contracts are!

It doesn't save you money, it TAKES your money.
At some point during the contract, they will increase your price upto normal price.
They talk about how much money you can save but not how your chained to your contract...this goes for ALL companies.
For Bell, they DOWNGRADE or EFFECTIVELY CHANGE your service time to time [ours got downgraded to High Speed Internet when we had and paid for Ultra Speed internet for about 2 years. And guess what, we are paying $30 more dollars for the services that is worse and throttled].

That is not to save I dislike Bell because Bell holds so many monopoly in so many places...wait...Bell held monopoly for years already lol [e.i. my friends house--10 minutes away--cannot have TekSavy like I could]