Martin's Resignation Confirmed

FiveParadox
Liberal
Today, the Liberal Party of Canada received a letter from the Right Honourable Paul Martin , P.C. , M.P. , the Member for LaSalle—Émard and Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada .

Quote: Originally Posted by The Rt. Hon. Paul Martin, P.C., M.P.,

Mr. Mike Eizenga
President
Liberal Party of Canada
81 Metcalfe Street, Suite 400
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 6M8

Mr. President,

As per our discussions, I wish to confirm my intention to resign as leader of the Liberal Party of Canada upon the formal call of the convention.

It has been an honour and my great pleasure to serve as leader and to have worked with so many dedicated volunteers, candidates, caucus members and party officials.

I look forward to continuing to serve and contribute to the party that I have always and will always regard as my second family.

Yours sincerely,

The Right Honourable Paul Martin

Click here to read the entire letter, in English.
Cliquetez içi pour lire la letter entière, en français.

Sources
Click here for the Web site of the Liberal Party of Canada .

Jersay

zoofer
Good riddance.

Mogz
Conservative
Man is a tool

Sassylassie
I imagine he will find a way to screw I mean keep in touch with the Canada he loves but didn't want his businesses in.

Jay
Bye-bye, Piglet....

Sassylassie
That's Funny Jay, damn near choked on my tea.

Hank C
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

Quote:

Good riddance.

Quote:

Man is a tool

Quote:

I imagine he will find a way to screw I mean keep in touch with the Canada he loves but didn't want his businesses in.

Quote:

Bye-bye, Piglet....

.......I think you guys have covered all the angles

FiveParadox
Liberal
On a token of support for the man ...

Hey, he did inherit a crap government from the Right Honourable Jean Chrétien , P.C. ; whoever inherited that mess was bound to be booted, I do not think that there is anything that he could have said or done to save the previous Government of Canada , in hindsight, from defeat.

Jersay
Agreed Five, if it wasn't for Chretian he would have faired a little better but you have t admit the expectations for the guy, he wasn't able to match up to them.

And this is all I will say.

Jay
I wonder if Martin would have got as far as he did without Chretian.

I think not
She said bye bye love
She said you don't live here no more
Unless you change your mind
You can pack them bags walk out the door
Cuz you ain't livin here no more boy
She said bye bye love
She said you don't live here no more
Unless you change your mind
You can pack them bags walk out the door
Cuz you ain't livin here no more boy

Mogz
Conservative
The fact that Martin was the Minister of Finance at the time of the sponsorship scandal, and DOESN'T "know" (I have no recognition of the event in question Senator) where the millions went should have been cause enough for the man to be turfed....yet he managed to stick around for a few years after that....sad.

Hank C
Quote: Originally Posted by Mogz

The fact that Martin was the Minister of Finance at the time of the sponsorship scandal, and DOESN'T "know" (I have no recognition of the event in question Senator) where the millions went should have been cause enough for the man to be turfed....yet he managed to stick around for a few years after that....sad.

yea its almost an insult to the citizens of this country that we actually elected paul martin

FiveParadox
Liberal
Psh, conservatives.

Haha. :P

Kidding. But seriously, we could have done a lot worse than Mr. Martin; we could have ended up with Hedy Fry, for example.

Jersay
No dishing Hedy Fry.

Bad Five. Bad.

Who is Hedy Fry by the way?

FiveParadox
Liberal
Oh, good God, is she a scary one!

The Honourable Hedy Fry , one of the most irritating and self-absorbed Members of Parliament I have ever seen. At least she acts prime ministerial, in that she thinks people should worship the ground she walks on.
Attached Images
hedy_fry_and_paul_martin_186.jpg (28.3 KB, 330 views )

Jersay
All Hail Hedy Fry

FiveParadox
Liberal
No! She ran against Svend Robinson , and I would have preferred that the Golem had defeated her (Lord of the Rings, wanted the One Ring — he he he).

Jersay
All Hail Svend Robinson

The Golem from the Ring

Hank C
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

Oh, good God, is she a scary one!

The Honourable Hedy Fry , one of the most irritating and self-absorbed Members of Parliament I have ever seen. At least she acts prime ministerial, in that she thinks people should worship the ground she walks on.

hahahaah....my god five we actaully agree on something...I HATE HEIDI FAY. She is probably the meanest feminist west of toronto

Did anyone see that glare she gave Emerson???? scary stuff

zoofer
Hedy .
The one who claims they are burning KKK crosses in Prince George even as she speaks?

zoofer
Burn Prince George, burn.

FiveParadox
Liberal
Oh, good Lord, could you imagine the Government of Canada ?

The Right Honourable Hedy Fry , the Prime Minister of Canada
The Honourable Belinda Stronach , the Deputy Prime Minister
The Right Honourable Paul Martin , the Minister of Ethics ¹
The Right Honourable Stephen Harper , the Minister of Textiles ²

¹ This position was created by the Standing Committee on Ethics in Parliament , created and co-chaired by Mr. Martin, Ms. Stronach and Mr. Brison.
² This position was created when more photos of Stephen Harper in cowboy outfits were published, en masse; Mr. Harper later admitted that he had a cowboy/Western-theme fetish — Mr. Harper crossed the floor when offered a cowboy hat and leather whip.

The Rt. Hon. Prime Minister: "Well, Michaëlle, here's my Government!"

Her Excellency the Rt. Hon. Governor General: "Oh, @#$% this. You are so dissolved."

zoofer
5Par.
I'm gonna have nightmares now.

FiveParadox
Liberal
The thought of the Honourable Hedy Fry , P.C. , M.P. , the Member for Vancouver Centre and Sport and Vancouver Olympics Critic for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition does an adequate job as a Cabinet member — however, I would have many reservations about her leadership of the party and the nation. She strikes me as the type who would make hasty decisions without considering the consequences (or saying something unwise, without considering the same).

Hank C
You know what.....if I were living in her riding I might actually consider voting for Svend Robinson to deny this witch a victory..... really thats how much I dislike her

FiveParadox
Liberal
If you, Hank C would vote for the New Democrats , and nonetheless succumb to strategic voting , then you must have serious issues with this retar — er, honourable member.

Hank C
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

If you, Hank C would vote for the New Democrats , and nonetheless succumb to strategic voting , then you must have serious issues with this retar — er, honourable member.

yea and its not just the NDP I would vote for, but Sven!!!!!! That is absolutely insane and i'm telling you right now if I lived in that riding I would vote NDP

by the way what nationality is Heidi?

NaturalLemonFlavour
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

Quote:

Good riddance.

Quote:

Man is a tool

Quote:

Quote:

Bye-bye, Piglet....

Ouch... harsh.

Personally, I thank him for being what I consider the best Minister of Finance in our history (then again, I wasn't alive for most of the other ones). He delivered numerous outstanding balanced budgets during his time in office. It is regrettable that he didn't live up to my expectations as Prime Minister. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he chooses to do now - I heard he wants to get involved with international affairs.

P.S. Yes, this is my first post on these boards, but I've been reading them for around a month now.