TTC, thank god, not going on strike

Andem
Quote:

A tentative agreement has been reached between the city of Toronto and its 8,400 transit workers.

"I want to announce to the people of Toronto that there will be full TTC service tomorrow morning,'' Bob Kinnear -- president of the Transit Workers Union, ATU Local 113 -- told reporters on Sunday.

"We have reached a tentative settlement with the commission that our executive board will be recommending to our members. It is then up to them to decide whether to accept it or not. We are a democratic union.''

The deal -- the details of which haven't been released -- was reached after last-ditch negotiations were started on Sunday.Link

Whew!

Jay
Do you use the TTC, Andem?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Yep. There's no other way to travel in this city than the TTC. Autos are completely out of the question.

badboy
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Yep. There's no other way to travel in this city than the TTC. Autos are completely out of the question.

Funny I lived here (TO) for 25 years and only took the TTC for 3 years finishing school. Its great cutting people off and playing chicken with taxis.

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by badboy

Funny I lived here (TO) for 25 years and only took the TTC for 3 years finishing school. Its great cutting people off and playing chicken with taxis.

I admit it was nice with the Jetta TDI in the suburbs up in Thornhill, but downtown (skydome area), it's hell. Never need a car here.

Jay

I guess that would save you a lot of money...unless you own a car too...?

Andem

I guess that would save you a lot of money...unless you own a car too...?

Nope, I have not owned a car for a couple of years now. It does save a lot.

Jay
Doesn't that leave you sorta stuck in the city?

I live in Lonodn, and I travel past Northbay atleast once a year....How do you get around?

Andem

Doesn't that leave you sorta stuck in the city?

I live in Lonodn, and I travel past Northbay atleast once a year....How do you get around?

My mum has 2 cars and my room-mate's car is free to use if I need it. Needless to say, I rarely use any of them. Of course, when I visit my mum, I use the civic all the time. That's Barrie, though.