MP Maxime Bernier quits 'morally corrupt' Conservatives, plans to start new party

Liberalman
All Maxim wants is true Conservative core values

White_Unifier
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I find Max almost as insufferably arrogant as I did Jean at times.

True. I don't see how Bernier can pull off a whole new political party in a year. I think he's confused local support for national support. Sure his own personal seat is probably quite secure in his riding, but that won't translate nationwide even if only due to strategic voting. He might have lots of support in principle, but of what use is that support if it turns on him strategically as a unite-the-right vote for Scheer? He could could probably accomplish more as an independent backbencher (and there is no shame in that whatsoever) than in trying to create a whole new party.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Start his own party...that's funny.

Bernie party of one
And a quebeker at that.

Be interesting to se how he votes.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Bernie party of one
And a quebeker at that.

Be interesting to se how he votes.

He has traditionally tended towards libertarian views. That's why his more recent railing against "extreme multiculturalism" seems odd to me.

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Better to get Scheer a French course.
For a guy born in Ottawa, that guy's French is atrocious.
Bernier could clean up Quebec just with this.

No one West of Ottawa gives a rats azz if he can speak a word of French. I will never vote for a party whose leader comes from Quebec.

White_Unifier

No one West of Ottawa gives a rats azz if he can speak a word of French. I will never vote for a party whose leader comes from Quebec.

So you prefer to vote for the dairy cartel and corporate welfare? No wonder we're all tax slaves. It's because of voters like you who vote based on a person's accent.

Walter
+2
Good riddance to Maxime.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Good riddance to Maxime.

What do you mean?

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What do you mean?

Disruptive fellow who didn't want Scheer as leader.

White_Unifier

Maybe, but his positions on free trade and the dairy cartel are bound to win over some votes. Do you enjoy paying more for your milk?

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Bernier is a total racist.

This is the same old problem with right wingers in this country - the racists in Quebec simply cannot get along with the racists in the rest of Canada. They hate each other too much.

ROFLMFAO. Again Fukk your stupid. Bernier is not a racist any more than I am. Just because someone cares about our country does not make him a racist. Immigration needs to be orderly and controlled and only people that have education or skills we require should be allowed in. Retarded globalist like TrudOWE that want to destroy our country are traitors and should be treated as such.

Walter
+1

Maybe, but his positions on free trade and the dairy cartel are bound to win over some votes. Do you enjoy paying more for your milk?

Won’t win votes now that he’s quit the party.

Hoid
He'll draw some away.

White_Unifier

Won’t win votes now that he’s quit the party.

He could gain support in his riding at least, and what would make at least one independent voice in Parliament for freer markets.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

How do we determine whether or not they are refugees until they have have had a chance to have their cases heard? Canada is relatively civilized and is not going to let them starve while they wait.

As long as their cases are heard before they step foot on Canadian soil. The government has lost track of thousands of so called refugees, many that should not be permitted to enter the country.

Hoid
yes. Many.

taxslave
+1

So you prefer to vote for the dairy cartel and corporate welfare? No wonder we're all tax slaves. It's because of voters like you who vote based on a person's accent.

Nope I am against supply side management for dairy chickens and telecommunications services. And corporate welfare for the entire province of Quebec. Bombardiers only reason to exist is to distribute welfare to machinists in Quebec who couldn't get a job elsewhere.

White_Unifier

Nope I am against supply side management for dairy chickens and telecommunications services. And corporate welfare for the entire province of Quebec. Bombardiers only reason to exist is to distribute welfare to machinists in Quebec who couldn't get a job elsewhere.

Right, and Bernier has spoken out against these more forcefully than Scheer has. So by your own standards, you should be supporting Bernier over Scheer, yet you'll support Scheer because you don't like Bernier's English accent.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Hey, Chrétien got elected three times without that being a problem.

Yep, he once said "I always put the em PHASSIS on the wrong syl LABBLA". I liked Chretien, excellent politician, Prime Minister - not so good. Lot of moxie!

White_Unifier
But for Jean Chretien, an election wasn't a poopoolarity contest.

MHz

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bern...tive-1.4795894

I think Bernier has potential. Most people in most riding suffer from supply-management.

On the matter of immigration, Bernier never said he was anti-immigration per se. I think he goes too far on the culture front, but as long as he can limit himself to the economics of immigration, making it easy for people to come to Canada to work but not to collect social assistance, he might even get some leftists on his side.

I don't agree with everything Bernier has said, but I do like some of his ideas that only he among politicians is speaking out on.

I would be tempted to look for a candidate that eliminated the bribes and back-door meetings by putting the final decision back into the hands of to voters. Independents would run on their 'resume' so the 'leader worked with the members that got voted into their duty in the Govt. ie an accountant runs for finance and an engineer does roads and bridges.
I also don't think we need Provincial and Federal Governments as we are duplicating the same services when one would be able to handle it all, Sovereign Provinces or a Federal Govt. Only independents could suggest that sort of move that would see the suggestion being implemented. The task then is to get politics into being part of everyday conversation so referendum voters have the facts so they are making an informed decision when they vote. Include a gift-card or a pension increase option to get people to vote (from their phone)

petros
+2

Sore losers are losers and he's a loser. I don't see this being an issue in the long run.

Curious Cdn
+1

They won't win him any votes in Quebec, which is a major supplier of dairy products ... one hell of a lot of cheese is made there. Dropping dairy marketing management might get him run out of Quebec on a rail.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

start his own party...that's funny.

the bloc quebecois ii?

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

the bloc quebecois ii?

He'll never convince any Quebecers that he's a separatist, at this point in his career ... if any of them are even still interested in independence.

Actually, Brexit is a good teaching example for separatists. I think that most Brits regret it already but it hasn't even happened, yet.

No, Bernier will likely lead "the party of the first part" and essentially live as an independent until the voters turf him out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

All Maxim wants is true Conservative core values

Not electable ...

petros

the bloc quebecois ii?

Blech Quebecois

justlooking

the bloc quebecois ii?

that could be a part of it, to appeal to the old BQ.

mentalfloss

ROFLMFAO. Again Fukk your stupid. Bernier is not a racist any more than I am. Just because someone cares about our country does not make him a racist. Immigration needs to be orderly and controlled and only people that have education or skills we require should be allowed in. Retarded globalist like TrudOWE that want to destroy our country are traitors and should be treated as such.

Oh for sure.

You should tell all your friends to support him.

JLM

What do you mean?

He might be a drama queen!

Walter
+2
Bernier, all hat no cattle.