Stop the repeal of net neutrality

AMKiller
+3 / -1
#1  Top Rated Post
The Trump administration is keen on repealing net neutrality because it was put in place by the Obama administration. Trump is so fixated on destroying anything to do with Obama’s legacy that he doesn’t care how repealing net neutrality will marginalize the poor even more. Slicing up the internet and offering it up like cable packages will create an even larger welfare class. The internet should be enjoyed by all not only the rich.

OmegaOm
Capitalism in action.

B00Mer
+1 / -1
Yes agreed Trump's obsession with Obama is scary, like most Trumptards living in the past.

Walter
Net neutrality is an oxymoron.

AMKiller
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Net neutrality is an oxymoron.

How so? Are you for paying more on your internet bill? You gave me a bad rating, so tell me what is good about repealing net neutrality?

TenPenny
+1 / -1
Similarly, you cell phone carrier should be allowed to determine who you are permitted to call.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Yes agreed Trump's obsession with Obama is scary, like most Trumptards living in the past.

Are you on dope today?

tay
Why Abandoning Net Neutrality in the U.S. Matters in Canada

Earlier this week I appeared on CBC’s On the Money to discuss the U.S. decision to abandon net neutrality and its implications for Canada. I’ve written about these issues in columns and posts, but this interview provided the opportunity to highlight the implications for Canadian business and consumers, the prospect of including net neutrality in future Telecommunications Act reforms, the connection to NAFTA, and the ongoing concerns with telecom competitiveness in Canada. The interview is embedded below.

Why Abandoning Net Neutrality in the U.S. Matters in Canada - Michael Geist

Angstrom
There is more to this story then we are being told.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Are you on dope today?

Say nope to dope

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Say nope to dope

Nope.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Nope.

tay
Just a little over a month after his confirmation, Pai is making moves to dismantle freedom in America. (It’s worth noting that Pai previously worked as associate general counsel for Verizon Communications, one of the companies that would benefit greatly if his plan is pushed forward. It’s also worth noting that FCC commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel has spoken out against Pai’s plan.)

This smacks of authoritarianism, especially for those who have actually lived under conditions where free expression is limited or even actively suppressed. Has there been a more concerted effort to make America’s internet look like China’s ? (Or Egypt’s ? Or Russia’s ?)

Pai’s move probably wasn’t inspired by China’s control of web access within its borders, but the parallels are striking—throttled bandwidth, a Great Firewall, “sensitive” keywords that might trigger a closer look at your web traffic should you think out loud and leave an angry post online.

Already, we are seeing signs that Pai’s plan is supported by foreign elements. New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has found that the identities of tens of thousands of his state’s residents have been stolen and misused to provide manipulated feedback to the FCC regarding net neutrality, effectively paving over the sentiments of sensible disapproval. In a separate tweet, Schneiderman said, “My office analyzed the public comments submitted to the @FCC about #netneutrality—and found that 100,000s of Americans were likely impersonated to drown out the views of real people and businesses.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-tr...sion-of-chinas

Walter
+1
Government regulation is never good.
If it Moves, Tax it. If it Keeps Moving, Regulate it. And if it Stops Moving, Subsidize it.

Johnnny
+1
If you have a slight libertarian streak in ya then this might be an issue to you.

Angstrom
Im not falling for the fear mongering. I can’t see this being anything close to what the communist think its going to be.

Ill wait for the actual intention information from the White House before running arround like a headless chicken

Johnnny
The way I see it is that the internet is the net, no matter who you are, you won't win. I believe that people are smart enough to scold wannabe Nazis and orthodox religious fundamentalists equally. Those groups are humanities problem.

Angstrom
+1 / -1
The problem is to many humans. And social programs only add to the population growth.

Walter
Terence Corcoran: Wanna know how stupid ‘net neutrality’ is? Ask Loblaw. Yes Loblaw. | Financial Post

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

The problem is to many humans. And social programs only add to the population growth.

So, umm.

When are you leaving us?

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

So, umm.

When are you leaving us?

You first, useless tit.

Curious Cdn

You first, useless tit.

Do you actually do anything besides tell everyone that they're Communists?

One trick pony?

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Do you actually do anything besides tell everyone that they're Communists?

One trick pony?

I could call you a racist sexist bigot but all those one trick pony’s where already taken.

B00Mer
Trump will be remember as the President who f*cked America for generations to come..

Angstrom
Isn’t that the kettle calling the pot black

Trump will be remember as the President who f*cked America for generations to come..

Its true. Hes making America a lot less communist

B00Mer
+1

Isn’t that the kettle calling the pot black

That comment makes no sense.. 1. I'm no the President so 2. I can't f*ck up the USA..

You have verbal diarrhea, engage your brain before typing, or more stupid shit will fall out of your mouth.

Angstrom

That comment makes no sense.. 1. I'm no the President so 2. I can't f*ck up the USA..

You have verbal diarrhea, engage your brain before typing, or more stupid shit will fall out of your mouth.

That was for Curious cdn. Wasn’t that hard to guess

B00Mer

That was for Curious cdn. Wasn’t that hard to guess

Thought post #24 was your reply to Curious cdn.

Angstrom

Thought post #24 was your reply to Curious cdn.

I was trying to add to it but you posted before I

TenPenny

Im not falling for the fear mongering. I can’t see this being anything close to what the communist think its going to be.

Ill wait for the actual intention information from the White House before running arround like a headless chicken

You've already fallen for fearmongering, you are scared of everyone, and call them communists.