Andrew Scheer has lowest approval among federal leaders

mentalfloss
Beaten by both Mulcair and Elizabeth May?

Shame.

Andrew Scheer has lowest approval among federal party leaders

Conservative Andrew Scheer has the lowest approval among the federal party leaders.

The Mainstreet-Postmedia survey found 55 per cent of those polled approve of the job Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is doing.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair and Bloc Quebecois Leader Martine Ouellet are both at 36 per cent approval, followed by Green Party Leader Elizabeth May at 35 per cent. Scheer, who sits at 34 per cent approval, has the largest percentage of respondents who are unsure about his performance at 39 per cent.

“A majority of Canadians continue to approve of the job the Prime Minister is doing… while the opposition leaders struggle to make headway with voters,” Mainstreet Research president Quito Maggi said in a news release Friday.

The poll found the Liberals have the most support among decided and leaning voters at 43 per cent, followed by the Conservatives at 32 per cent and the NDP at 15 per cent.

“If an election were held today we would expect another Liberal Majority government with the numbers in Quebec particularly strong for the Liberals,” said Maggi.

Andrew Scheer has lowest approval among federal party leaders | CTV Regina News
Last edited by mentalfloss; Sep 28th, 2017 at 06:23 AM..

Colpy
Conservative
First of all, let's get this out of the way:

For the first time since the “Abscam” scandal 36 years ago, a sitting U.S. senator will go on trial for bribery on Wednesday in a federal courthouse. Bob Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey, is accused of intervening with federal officials on behalf of a wealthy benefactor in exchange for lavish gifts, including luxury vacations and major political contributions.

Senator Bob Menendez faces federal corruption trial | Reuters

....and that burn is NOT covered by the Affordable Care Act.

You know, I really have to wonder: you do realize this is not the USA, and there is no Canadian Republican Party, and thus no Canadian Republicans?

Or are you just stupid?

Likewise, how typical of a Liberal to pick the most corrupt Democrat (aside from Clinton) as their shining Knight of political rhetoric.

Stupid and corrupt. Your typical Liberal in a nutshell.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Yeah after watching hitlary do the slow burn to the ground with those high polls
( along with all her supporters)
I'd say that gives the guy the best chance of winning.

AS with Hitlary, your poopaghanda will only help him do that

carry on

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Shame.

Conservative Andrew Scheer has the lowest approval among the federal party leaders.

The Mainstreet-Postmedia survey found 55 per cent of those polled approve of the job Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is doing.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair and Bloc Quebecois Leader Martine Ouellet are both at 36 per cent approval, followed by Green Party Leader Elizabeth May at 35 per cent. Scheer, who sits at 34 per cent approval, has the largest percentage of respondents who are unsure about his performance at 39 per cent.

It's kinda stupid to include Mulcair. Makes the whole thing pointless.

Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Yeah after watching hitlary do the slow burn to the ground with those high polls

Which Canadian party did 'hitlary' lead?

mentalfloss
Actually, it makes it even more poignant to know that Canadians would rather support someone on the way out.

petros
Keep track. This is presitting of the HoC. They've been sitting for a week. Wait until he has the floor and runs circles around Trudeau et al in debate a several dozen times a day.

mentalfloss

petros
Already has you tongue tied eh.

mentalfloss

TenPenny
+2
#10  Top Rated Post
I think your typical uhhh 14 uhhhh year old could, uhhhh could run rings, uhhhhh run rings around the uhhhh Prime Minister in any uhhhhh public uhhhhhh speaking event.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

Shame.

“A majority of Canadians continue to approve of the job the Prime Minister is doing… while the opposition leaders struggle to make headway with voters,” Mainstreet Research president Quito Maggi said in a news release Friday.

The poll found the Liberals have the most support among decided and leaning voters at 43 per cent, followed by the Conservatives at 32 per cent and the NDP at 15 per cent.

“If an election were held today we would expect another Liberal Majority government with the numbers in Quebec particularly strong for the Liberals,” said Maggi.

Its because he’s a white male supremacist.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I think your typical uhhh 14 uhhhh year old could, uhhhh could run rings, uhhhhh run rings around the uhhhh Prime Minister in any uhhhhh public uhhhhhh speaking event.

Surprising Justin doesn't slip a couple of "likes" now and like uhhh again.

mentalfloss

Fukking annoying when he does that, but it's actually not as prevalent during debates.

Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Its because he’s a white male supremacist.

You mean you are.

petros

Fukking annoying when he does that, but it's actually not as prevalent during debates.

You don't watch CPAC do you?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1

I do find it surprising that Trudeau is such a poor public speaker, especially given that he once taught school. Any teacher I know would have been ridiculed for that speech pattern.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I do find it surprising that Trudeau is such a poor public speaker, especially given that he once taught school. Any teacher I know would have been ridiculed for that speech pattern.

Not really that surprising when the Intelligence Quotient is lacking!

mentalfloss

To be honest, I think it's him translating to English.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

ah....................ah.........................a h....................ah!

White_Unifier

Shame.

None of them is in my riding, so I won't be able to vote for any of them anyway.

Colpy
Conservative

I had the same thought.

He has been doing much better. Obviously, he is getting some help for the problem. Expect a fawning movie soon "The Dauphin's Speech" lol

Of course, it is harder speaking to a group of peers than it is speaking to a classroom.

petros
He has no trouble with a teleprompter.

Tecumsehsbones

One of the fundamental rules of public speaking is: When you are searching for your next phrase, DO NOT use fillers like uh, like, um, y'know. Best to not need to search for the next phrase, but if you must, do it in silence.

petros
+2
Scheer can go paragraphs without a single um or uh using words far too big for Trudeau to grasp.

If Trudeau gets up at 5AM and goes to Toastmaster meetings he might make shum progressh

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

One of the fundamental rules of public speaking is: When you are searching for your next phrase, DO NOT use fillers like uh, like, um, y'know. Best to not need to search for the next phrase, but if you must, do it in silence.

Anyone with half a molecule of brain power writes it out first, so he's not grasping for words later.

petros
Not many interviews are scripted.

TenPenny
I do think it's the translating into English that is why he does it. But it surely is annoying.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Anyone with half a molecule of brain power writes it out first, so he's not grasping for words later.

I was addressing public speaking, you're beating the dead horse of your hatred.

Have fun with that.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I was addressing public speaking, you're beating the dead horse of your hatred.

Have fun with that.

No hatred involved, just the recognition of incompetence!

petros
+1

I do think it's the translating into English that is why he does it. But it surely is annoying.

He thinks in French eh? I doubt it.

Danbones
Free Thinker

Which Canadian party did 'hitlary' lead?

I see comparative thinking, and literary comparison is beyond you.
But that is your loss.
Is there any other kind of thinking you can do?