Mulcair poised for clear shot at becoming prime minister as NDP surges in polls

B00Mer
Mulcair poised for clear shot at becoming prime minister as NDP surges in polls

In major addresses to the Montreal Board of Trade and Toronto’s Empire Club, Thomas Mulcair will pledge an NDP government to reviving Canada’s flagging manufacturing sector.

source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle24909370/

taxslave
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Way to ruin my breakfast. Course if Mulcair becomes PM I will no longer be able to afford breakfast.

Walter
Kinda reminds me of this story.
Why Ed Miliband is going to be the next Prime Minister - Telegraph

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Way to ruin my breakfast. Course if Mulcair becomes PM I will no longer be able to afford breakfast.

"You'll be my first drone target;" Mulcair

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShUnaMXCoQ

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
I actually find him making sense when I hear him speak. Will definitely be reviewing his platform this coming election. Only thing I have decided so far is that I won't be voting for Justine.

WLDB
+1

You could always hunt it.

Corduroy
+2

Better get in that breadline now, comrade.

DaSleeper
However I vote here, doesn't mean tiddly-wink....They could run the farmer's cow as NDP federal and provincial and she would get the votes....
but I still go and vote.................................

Corduroy
+1
Farmer's cows should unionize, seize the means of production.

Goober
Well people lost the love for Hairball. People are tired of Harper. His negatives in polls across he across the country are quite high.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Farmer's cows should unionize, seize the means of production.

The last provincial election, while I was sitting at McDonald having coffee with a couple of anglophone friends the Liberal contender who comes from Hearst was there hustling for votes, comes to our table and starts talking to me in french, completely ignoring my three friends....
Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed.
But i must say, that the secretaries at the local office ( federal and provincial NDP share an office,,,) kudos to them for that......
were very helpful when I renewed my passport....

Curious Cdn
His weak spot is also his strong spot.

The Quebec voter giveth and the Quebec voter taketh away. Mulcair was lucky the last time to hit the Quebec voter at the right point in the cycle. He might not be so lucky, this time.

Having said that, Harper has the same problem with Ontario. If he loses the 905 belt, he loses power no matter what happens in Wetaskewin.

lone wolf
+2
Mulcair isn't Layton.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Mulcair isn't Layton.

Trudeau isn't Trudeau

mentalfloss
Give it another month or so.

If they can ward off the Bloc and continue to gain in the polls they might have a chance.

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

However I vote here, doesn't mean tiddly-wink....They could run the farmer's cow as NDP federal and provincial and she would get the votes....
but I still go and vote.................................

If everyone who thought their vote didnt count did vote things would probably be quite a bit different from what they are now. For better or worse, who knows. It'd be different though.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Mulcair isn't Layton.

He doesnt have the charisma, but he is a lot more moderate policy-wise.

grumpydigger
The actual electioneering has not even begun yet.
And the NDP are still shining in the glory of the Alberta election.
Harper is truly hated throughout the country and Trudeau seems to have no plan other than posing and trying to play the role of his father.
But I also know, that the last British Columbia election the NDP from six months to election day had polls saying that they were going to walk away with it.
And they collapsed in utter failure and a right-wing harper clone named Christy Clark stayed in power.

Harper's putting all his money on a terrorist attack on North American soil in order to prove his leadership.
And another four years in a closet in Ottawa.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Give it another month or so.

If they can ward off the Bloc and continue to gain in the polls they might have a chance.

They are the Bloc.

Kreskin
How will he fair with Duceppe on his way back?

petros
NDPQ were voted for out of spite. Are they(voters) still upset? Do they feel better off?

JamesBondo
+1
Mulcair wants to win on a mandate to abolish the senate. No one can abolish the senate without first ripping a gapping wound into the constitution. Are we so dumb to think his plans are not reckless and naive?

Mulcair wants to build another long gun registry. Haven't we been down this road before? Why spend more billions of dollars targeting duck hunters and farmers for the crimes in inner city gangs?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

They are the Bloc.

Yes, a federalist party that is cooperating with Brad Wall to help remove the Senate is like the Bloc.

In other news, the Bloc is fighting against sovereignty, while the Green party is promoting fossil fuels and Harper has a photo op with a tree.
Last edited by mentalfloss; Jun 12th, 2015 at 07:15 AM..

petros
Gees boy. You aren't very sharp are you?