Bank robber discovers it's not so easy to break out of a bank

Locutus
via Fark

PITTSBURGH A suspected bank robber was arrested and taken to a hospital Thursday morning after getting trapped and finding himself unable to leave the building in Lawrenceville.

Channel 4 Action News' Bob Mayo reported that the man got stuck between the double glass doors at Citizens Bank on Butler Street when an employee hit a switch to activate that built-in safety measure shortly after 9 a.m.
"I always get annoyed by these double doors, because they're just frustrating," said Cynthia Horn, of Lawrenceville. "But now I see the point, so that's pretty cool."

Thick, black tape now covers a shattered portion of the front glass. Witnesses said the man was banging on it, trying to get out, and he left blood marks on both the glass and the floor.

more from 'action' news

Robber gets trapped inside Citizens Bank | Allegheny Co. News - WTAE Home

shadowshiv
Ahhhh! A story with a happy ending. Nice!

MapleDog
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Ahhhh! A story with a happy ending. Nice!

Did someone say happy ending?
Robot Chicken: Happy Ending - YouTube

SLM
Why don't they put doors like that on every bank?

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Why don't they put doors like that on every bank?

It probably costs quite a bit of money, and perhaps all of them don't want to spend that extra money? Just a guess, but it sounds like a valid reason.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

via Fark

PITTSBURGH A suspected bank robber was arrested and taken to a hospital Thursday morning after getting trapped and finding himself unable to leave the building in Lawrenceville.

Robber gets trapped inside Citizens Bank | Allegheny Co. News - WTAE Home

Funniest story I've heard since the guy who tried to gain entry to a store by going down the chimney and got wedged in half way down and had to wait until store opening in the morning to request rescue. I'd love to hear what his story was!! Bailed out of a plane that was on fire????????????