Ford government admits they can't do what they promised


spilledthebeer
+1
#151
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

This should make you happy STB Because specialists jumped to another Union for less benefits the whole deal should be scrapped, so Ford is watering down the gravy

Ford government move to bail on binding arbitration with doctors 'affront to the law,' OMA says


================================================== ================================================== ====


Maybe we better first have a look at the sort of SCAM that OMA had set up with Wyyne-bag LIE-berals BEFORE we condemn Ford!!!!!!!




Here is an article illustrating the LIE-beral threat to your health. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Doctors quit 'toxic' OMA, tired of being Liberal tools. Dr. Kulvinder Gill and Dr. Mark D'Souza, Special to the Toronto Sun. First posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 07:21 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 07:30 AM EDT

Related Stories:

Pediatrician shakes up Ontario's health care scene
Controversy dogs OMA vote
Meaningful change needed at OMA
It's good that doctors are speaking out: OMA president

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. A few years ago, we both became involved in medical politics to advocate for quality care for our patients in the face of growing healthcare cuts.

(LIE-beral style health care is a threat to your health- they CUT 7.5 percent out of health budget- so they could give MORE to teachers- in spite of student enrollment going down and number of health care users INCREASING! Then LIE-berals got into a dog fight with doctors because doctors rejected a contract offer that would have seen them WAIT FIVE YEARS before getting back to the deal they had before the 7.5 percent LIE-beral cut! And LIE-berals think doctors are pig headed and unreasonable! If grossly spoiled- but always loyal to LIE-berals- teachers had been offered such a deal the screams would have been deafening!)

It dawned on many physicians that poor representation by the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) enabled the provincial government’s systematic dismantling of our healthcare system.

In March of this year, we were both elected as chairs of the two largest OMA districts, representing nearly 20,000 physicians in District 5 (GTA, Dufferin, Muskoka, Simcoe) and District 11 (Toronto).

We had hoped to make the OMA into a member-driven organization that was transparent and accountable to frontline physicians. Instead, the OMA’s increasingly toxic environment has driven us to submit our resignations today.

The OMA is a 137-year-old bureaucracy with an administrative staff of over 300.

It is accountable to no one and is a tool for the Ontario Liberal government, which ensures the organization’s survival through mandatory, legislated membership dues of nearly $70 million annually.

(LIE-beral thoughts on managing unions are highly TOXIC! For instance, federal LIE-berals have issued legal changes that will DO AWAY with secret ballots for union certification! No more privately held opinions- you must expose yourself to potential retaliation for the good of unions- if you disagree with the majority! So much for democracy in union halls or in Canada generally- thanks to LIE-berals!)

In recent months, the OMA was essentially passive in its resistance to three government bills that adversely impact patient care – 41, 84, and 87 – while we have been vocal advocates, trying to be the voice of our members who truly feel oppressed.

Bill 41 has led to the loss of patient privacy, wasteful expansion of healthcare bureaucracy at the expense of frontline care, and provincial medical standards being determined by government bureaucrats, instead of medical experts. Bill 84 has led to the loss of physicians’ conscience rights and Bill 87 to the loss of physicians’ rights to privacy, presumption of innocence, natural justice and due process, through regulatory college changes.

(AS but one example of bureaucrats deciding on medical treatment INSTEAD of doctors- one has only to read of the treatment denied to an Ontari-owe man after portions of his legs were amputated due to Diabetes. The guy was expecting to have enough of his legs saved that he would be able to go back to work and thus to be able to continue his life-paying his bills and being independent! The choice- by bureaucrats- removal of treatment IN SPITE of doctors orders- would have thrown him into a relapse and would have eventually mandated MORE amputation- and more costs- so that he would then be unable to work as a mechanic again and would then require him to access Ontari-owe disability pension- for the rest of his life- in order to survive!)

There is enormous pressure within the OMA to toe the party line. Those who speak out, particularly when citing their elected titles, are targeted by OMA leadership and staff who maintain a “don’t rock the boat” mentality.

Until this year, individual OMA chairs controlled communications to their respective districts, yet our messages that often expressed opinions counter to OMA central were blocked.

(LIE-berals are managing the message- they do NOT want us to hear about people suffering from anti-biotic diseases picked up in poorly cleaned hospitals; do not want us to know how many people languish in hallways due to lack of bed; do not want us to know how often there are adverse drug reactions; do not want us to know how many people are sent home to quickly due to bureaucrats managing patient `flow` and bed access- people who relapse and must return to hospital for more extended recuperation and lost time and greater cost! Just because it is OUR tax money- does not give us any right to tell greedy LIE-berals how to spend it!)

Meanwhile a message from a loyal OMA official bypassed our authority and was distributed to our constituents with full use of their elected title. The OMA has since encouraged a formal communications policy that would apply only to us.

(LIE-berals speak often of free speech and democracy- but their basic assumptions and total arrogance are such that they assume you will either love them or like them- with no room for total rejection of their position on a subject! LIE-berals are so arrogant that an outright rejection of their position is simply “impossible”!)

Despite our elected legitimacy, we would essentially be muzzled. The OMA continues to make up rules as it goes along.

(Rather like how LIE-berals make up fiscal guidelines that are more about hiding their messes than about responsible accounting practice! Such as the hiding of four billion dollars in new Hydro debt by devious accounting methods! Such as selling off a part of our Hydro system to LIE-beral pals and then closing the books because LIE-berals THINK we are not entitled to know what they do with OUR money!)

Our efforts for organizational reform and independent thinking have been met with attempts at bullying and intimidation against us and other physicians from OMA leadership and staff.

A board member, and others within the OMA, submitted formal complaints against more than 40 doctors to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, the regulatory body of doctors, for investigation.

These complaints may take years to process, and threaten the ability of dissenting doctors to practice medicine. Why pretend to be for freedom of speech while simultaneously fostering an atmosphere of intimidation and fear?

(LIE-berals do play hardball when it comes to ANY dissenting voice! They are apparently so afraid of public opinion that they are preparing to DAMAGE our democracy and compromise our free speech by using their Islamophobia bigotry as a club to silence ALL critics of LIE-beral policy related to national security, their mad spending messes and insane immigration issues! Human Rights Kanagraoo courts may soon be used to silence people hostile to LIE-beral foolishness- just as OMA manipulates and silences dissenting voices among doctors!)

Despite our hope for organizational renewal, we believe institutional inertia has prevented meaningful change within the OMA. The OMA is like a chameleon, changing its colours. Double standards are applied liberally.

Even some new members of the OMA board and executive are either part of the perpetuation of bullying tactics, or have turned a blind eye to them.

The OMA continues to exist to serve itself first.

(There is NOTHING NEW in this- ALL LIE-beral political boards exist first and foremost to extend LIE-beral influence- regardless of its purpose or value!

We feel we can no longer meaningfully advocate for physicians and patients within an organization so committed to suppressing dissent.

Hence our resignations.

(LIE-berals recognize and reward their LOYAL friends! Its why LIE-berals have increased the education budget 50 percent more rapidly than the health care budget- in spite of the fact that school enrollments are dropping while the number of patients seeking health care expands rapidly as our population ages!)

Daring to voice different opinions from the OMA makes you a square peg in a round hole. Until that changes, the OMA will be unable to win the respect and unity of Ontario’s physicians.

We will continue to advocate for our colleagues and patients through our grassroots efforts.

We implore the OMA to take a hard look in the mirror, and call for a fully independent, forensic review of the organization.

- Gill is the former chair of District 5 of the OMA. D'Souza is the former chair of District 11

(OH good luck with that! A full forensic review of OMA or the health care budget will ONLY OCCUR AFTER LIE-berals are removed from office!)
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#152
Whoopsee!

Unintended consequences from Doug the thug ...

http://youtu.be/hnzHtm1jhL4
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#153
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Whoopsee!

Unintended consequences from Doug the thug ...

http://youtu.be/hnzHtm1jhL4


================================================== ================================================== ====


OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Is it not remarkable that LIE-berals are trying so very hard to present Doug Ford as some sort of LIE-beral style corrupt leader????????


Is this what LIE-berals have been reduced too???????????????????????????


Claiming that the other guys are also cheats??????????????????????????????


Do LIE-berals REALLY THINK their best bet for restoring party fortunes is to paint ALL POLITICIANS AS THIEVES??????????????


How DESPERATE does a LIE-beral have to be to stand up in public and squeal: Ford is just as SLEAZY AS ANY LIE-beral????????



And of course the BIG LIE-beral argument about how Toronto Cop Taverner ended up as OPP chief is SUPPOSED to be exhibit A for desperate LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


TOO BAD LIE-berals do NOT WISH to recall the public rage as the OPP "INVESTIGATION" into the Wynne-bag LIE-beral gas plant scandal went on.........and on........and on.........and on.............FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Until the public began to wonder if OPP KNEW WHAT A GAS PLANT WAS???????????????????????????????


And it did not help that LIE-berals got a BIG civil service union Hog endorsement from OPP RIGHT BEFORE the 2014 election that brought Wynne-bag back to the premiers office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And now we have the interim leader of OPP WHINING that he should have been confirmed as top OPP COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


He is ENTITLED HE SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !


But I say sorry, NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


There are serious concerns abourt how DEEPLY OPP staffers are into the pockets of LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So Taverner is now OPP head- because he is friendly to CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!


THE ONLY REAL BEEF LIE-berals have with Taverner is that he IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Many people including LIE-berals will not have forgotten how civil service union Hogs blocked Mike Harris Conservatives from entering Queens Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the Toronto union cops REFUSED to clear the path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So the OPP was brought in to "whack `em and stack `em"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But apparently LIE-berals and OPP have buried the hatchet and made peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!


And now a TEMPORARY OPP leader is whining "its not fair" that Ford bypassed him in favour of somebody Ford TRUSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Soldier
#154
What if Conservatism ???!!!
 
spilledthebeer
#155
Quote: Originally Posted by Soldier View Post

What if Conservatism ???!!!


What if you are presenting incoherent and nonsensical posts?????????????
 
spilledthebeer
#156
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

What if you are presenting incoherent and nonsensical posts?????????????






Acting OPP commissioner Blair has just hired lawyer Julian Falconer to try to force a public inquiry into why Blair was passed over for promotion to full time OPP Commissioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Maybe Blair was passed over because he is a LIE-beral???????????????????????



Maybe Blair was passed over because he is a self important and wildly ENTITLED publicity hound?????????????????????


Maybe Blair was passed over for promoting because he ias fixated ON HIS OWN GOOD - AHEAD of the force as a whole????????


Maybe Blair was passed over because Ford either knows or suspects that Blair might have been one of the OPP officers ENDLESSLY FOOT DRAGGING on the investigation into LIE-beral scandals like the gas plant mess???????????????


Maybe there is a major question in the minds of Queens Park Conservatives about the ability of Blair to serve honestly under Ford???


Maybe Blair is just not a very good cop- compared to his replacement Taverner????????????????????????



There are any number of POLITICAL reasons why Blair would not get confirmed into the top OPP spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#157
Alas, only one brewery left willing to sell buck-a-beer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...beer-1.4949315

Do you think that Ford's government is going to fall over it?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#158
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Alas, only one brewery left willing to sell buck-a-beer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...beer-1.4949315

Do you think that Ford's government is going to fall over it?




Don't f**k with Ford, we need ONE politician with BALLS in this country! Maybe we can rent him out to Ottawa one day a week and get something done over there too!
 
MHz
#159
Fill the contract and them make an civilian model for Canadians. The way it stresses this is a Canadian Company means it isn't.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201...Deal-Billions/
A $15 billion arms deal in 2015 saw Ottawa supply Riyadh with Terradyne Armored Vehicles' Gurkha armored cars. However, when footage of them being used to suppress Shiite protesters in the eastern Saudi city of Qatif and in the Saudi-led coalition's war in Yemen came to light in 2017, the government of the newly elected Trudeau began an investigation.
"The deal was that it was to be kept secret, but when Trudeau came to power a couple of years ago, details were leaked about what was going on, and then stories about these armored cars being used to attack people in Yemen and crush internal dissent and so on, it caused the Saudis a lot of problems, and really angered them, and they felt they were being betrayed," Christopher Black, an international criminal and human rights lawyer, told Radio Sputnik at the time. "Canada was taking their money but making them look bad at the same time."
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#160
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Don't f**k with Ford, we need ONE politician with BALLS in this country! Maybe we can rent him out to Ottawa one day a week and get something done over there too!

What an asshole!
 
spilledthebeer
#161
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

What an asshole!




Here is an old post that nicely illustrates just why Conservative politicians have NO REASON to trust Cdn news media!


It also illustrates the HEAVILY DISTORTED bias that Cdn news media has against FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Did anybody catch the so called `evening news` on Global tv Wednesday evening? No wonder Mayor Ford and even PM Harper thinks the Cdn news media is biased!

The Global people played highlights of Toronto socialist silly hall setting its new budget with a few moments of Ford griping at the tax and spend brigade as they ignored various ways of saving money!

And then Global played a nice warm fuzzy human interest bit with some old codger who thinks Toronto is a fine place to live and that we ought to be grateful for all we get from silly hall and that we must expect to pay more each year as ``the cost of things keeps going up``!

Well yes......exactly.....the cost keeps going up because LIE-berals keep finding ever more creative ways to enchant our money and lure it into their own pockets!

And if Global tv wanted to be even half way honest -they would tell us which civil service union the old guy belongs to and how much the city is paying him to be so sweet and understanding of the endless tax grabs or else Global tv ought to admit they are nothing but propaganda spewing shills for greedy civil service hogs!
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#162
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Here is an old post that nicely illustrates just why Conservative politicians have NO REASON to trust Cdn news media!


It also illustrates the HEAVILY DISTORTED bias that Cdn news media has against FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anybody catch the so called `evening news` on Global tv Wednesday evening? No wonder Mayor Ford and even PM Harper thinks the Cdn news media is biased!
The Global people played highlights of Toronto socialist silly hall setting its new budget with a few moments of Ford griping at the tax and spend brigade as they ignored various ways of saving money!
And then Global played a nice warm fuzzy human interest bit with some old codger who thinks Toronto is a fine place to live and that we ought to be grateful for all we get from silly hall and that we must expect to pay more each year as ``the cost of things keeps going up``!
Well yes......exactly.....the cost keeps going up because LIE-berals keep finding ever more creative ways to enchant our money and lure it into their own pockets!
And if Global tv wanted to be even half way honest -they would tell us which civil service union the old guy belongs to and how much the city is paying him to be so sweet and understanding of the endless tax grabs or else Global tv ought to admit they are nothing but propaganda spewing shills for greedy civil service hogs!

... Spilledabuckabeer ...
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#163
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Don't f**k with Ford, we need ONE politician with BALLS in this country! Maybe we can rent him out to Ottawa one day a week and get something done over there too!

You like him cuz he is Trump Lite. He's an asshole too.
 
spilledthebeer
#164
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You like him cuz he is Trump Lite. He's an asshole too.




POOR STUPID cliffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


His only option for defending LIE-berals is to change the subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Lets see what excuse cliffy offers for this LIE-beral garbage policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Here is a nice article proving yet again that Our brainless Boy prime minster Trudope is talking through his hat on climate change issues! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Trudeau’s magical, mystery climate plan! By Lorrie Goldstein, Toronto Sun

First posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 06:02 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 06:12 PM EDT

Canada’s approach to “fighting” climate change is based on magical thinking.
Consider: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced to much fanfare that he is going to ratify the Paris climate treaty.

In doing so, he has pledged to lower our industrial greenhouse gas emissions linked to climate change to the same levels as former prime minister Stephen Harper promised, back when the Liberals called Harper a climate denier.

Trudeau is never going to achieve Harper’s targets -- 17% below 2005 levels by 2020, 30% below by 2030 -- because our current level of technology makes it impossible to do so without causing a massive recession.

(I say the ONLY way to make such massive cuts is to FORBID us to use some of our technology and no democratic govt can simply order you not to heat your house or drive your car or operate your business! Govt hope for carbon reduction MUST have the support of the majority of Cdns if there is to be success in the long term!)

Harper was never going to achieve Harper’s targets.

In fact, no Canadian prime minister going back to Brian Mulroney, through Jean Chretien, Paul Martin, Harper and, as we shall soon see, Trudeau, has ever come close to meeting his promised emission cuts, which keep getting watered down even though they’re still impossible to meet today.

But even if every nation on Earth, including Canada, fulfilled its emission cuts submitted to the UN -- also impossible -- all the Paris treaty would do, according to climate scientists, is lock the world into dangerous global warming, far above the 1.5C to 2C threshold they say is the upper limit.

If Canada, or any country, fails to achieve its emission targets under the Paris treaty, nothing happens.

The treaty has no mandatory deadlines or penalties for failing to reach these targets.

(All the Carbon Crap and Trade deals being set up by govts have NOTHING to do with environment and they have EVERYTHING to do with fueling that rich govt gravy train! It`s not a CARBON PLAN Our brainless Boy is crafting-it`s a GET RICH QUICK PENSION SCAM for the benefit of civil servants!)

All the Paris treaty requires is that countries report their targets and progress made towards achieving them, but there is no penalty if they don’t.

Trudeau and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna say they are going to establish a national carbon price following negotiations with the provinces.

But even if they succeed in bringing in a national carbon price of, say, $30 a tonne, the level of B.C.’s carbon tax and the highest in the country at present, emissions will be virtually untouched.

(IN fact the BIGGEST carbon producers will continue as if nothing has changed! Corporations are all making plans to DEMAND exemptions from govt-this is why European Carbon crap deals have not cleared their air! So either govt will EXEMPT companies or jobs and revenue will LEAVE CANADA-this is one main reason why General Motors has not yet committed to any new production at their Oshawa Plant-in spite of that plant consistently having the highest quality workmanship in North America! GM is waiting to see how stupid Our Boy will be over carbon `deals`.)

The B.C. government itself says its revenue neutral carbon tax, widely praised as one of the best in the world, is only going to reduce B.C.’s emissions by three megatonnes (Mt) annually by 2020.

By contrast, if Trudeau is to make good on Harper’s target for 2020, which is now his target, Canada will have to reduce its emissions by 146 Mt.

That’s the equivalent of shutting down Canada’s electricity sector, which emits 78.2 Mt of GHG annually, along with most of the agriculture sector, which emits 72.9 Mt of GHG annually, in less than five years.

Canada would need a carbon tax of at least $150-per-tonne to achieve these kinds of emission cuts that quickly, which would destroy our economy.

The only way to achieve cuts at the level and speed the Trudeau government is promising would be through a revenue neutral scheme called carbon fee and dividend, in which every dollar the government imposes in carbon taxes is returned to the public through equal, monthly, dividend cheques.

(And as we know that revenue neutral approach will NOT fly for LIE-berals as their policy DEMANDS they supply massive new buckets of gravy for civil service Hogs. For LIE-berals-no new flow of gravy equals election DEFEAT as Hogs seek out better deals with other parties!)

But our politicians aren’t going to do that because it wouldn’t increase government revenues, which is their real aim, as opposed to reducing emissions.

What Trudeau’s carbon pricing scheme will actually become is a permanent sin tax imposed on Canadians, punishing them for the sin of using fossil fuel energy, which will swell government revenues by billions of dollars annually but do nothing to reduce emissions. That’s what happened in Europe and it’s exactly what’s going to happen here.

(Govt has not crafted an environmental plan-what they have created is ONLY A HOG PENSION PLAN!)

(If govt was serious about the environment, their quickest and easiest way to clear the air is to cut back on Hog gravy-AND balance the budget and stop piling up economy killing debt in the process!)

(In the NINE MONTHS after 9/11 World Trade Centre attack, during which time 25 percent of the worlds airliners were grounded, there WAS MEASURABLE IMPROVEMENT in air quality!)

(If ALL the pollution from transportation-that means planes, trains, ships, buses. trucks-whether hauling cargo or people is added up-75-85 percent of ALL pollution produced by transportation was spewed out by air planes. Air trave; is the DIRTIEST WAY to go!)
(Over a decade ago LIE-beral Dalton McGinty mused: “its time for govt-meaning LIE-berals-to start picking economic winners and losers in Ontari-owe. He omitted the part about LIE-berals picking environmental winners and losers! WE need to heat our homes, Need to heat our hospitals, schools and businesses.)

(The woman who drives her car to late shift work because she does not feel safe on public transit is TWICE a sinner! First, she drives the filthy car instead of taking transit. Second she INSULTS LIE-beral minded judges running the legal system for so called public benefit! While misrepresenting the scale of crime!)

(What LIE-beral hug a thug judges won’ admit is the amount of plea bargaining that goes on-how major crimes become minor and the minor become forgotten and thus its ever easier to parole THUGS who would have seen jail time for their sins only a couple of decades ago. LIE-berals REFUSE to track crime honestly but they will now seek to fiscally punish a woman who damages THEIR environment by
driving a car to work!)

(Or the person in the small Ontari-owe town who MUST have a car because there is No public transit. No matter that the person was born there, nor that they retired there to save a few pennies and certainly no matter that the only job the could get is in that small town! Those small town hicks are driving, they are EVIL and MUST pay the price. And it’ no skin off LIE-beral noses that small town types don’t vote LIE-beral anyway-so screw them!)

(What of your old granny who drives her car to get her groceries and run her errands and visit her friends? LIE-berals say SCREW HER TOO-there are busses for her to use-or taxis! Too bad if govt solutions are inconvenient or too slow to suit granny!)

(LIE-berals NEED more gravy to please their Hog supporters and ordinary people MUST PAY. LIE-berals don’t care that the Hog gravy will be used for airline tickets-the dirty way to to see the world! Don’t care that gravy will be used to fuel up motorboats ripping for miles along Trent/Severn Waterways with twin 600 HP diesel engines spewing smog for Hog amusement. Don’t care about the riding lawn mowers driven by `Sunshine List`Hogs on their multi acre estates that spew out more dirt in 5 minutes than the car granny has been driving on the highway for an hour. Don’t care about the Muskoka `bubble systems` used to protect Hog docks from ice damage in winter-LIE-berals see no irony in using public money for ads to exhort us to save electricity while IGNORING those electrically powered bubble systems that are simply a CONVENIENCE for HOGS. Don’t care that Hogs will use their gravy to heat SECOND homes-the recreational ones in Muskoka while LIE-berals fret over what ordinary people do with their share of fossil fuels! Don’t care that Hog gravy will be used to operate a plethora of gas guzzling toys for Hog amusement while the rest of us wrestle with energy poverty! LIE-berals HAVE THEIR priorities!)
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#165
Higher drunk driving fines, static minimum wage: These are the changes taking effect in Ontario in 2019
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
#166
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Higher drunk driving fines, static minimum wage: These are the changes taking effect in Ontario in 2019

I believe that the drunk driving rate has been going steadily down over the decades. There are still those who haven't got the memo and who need a stiff "reminder".
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#167
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Higher drunk driving fines, static minimum wage: These are the changes taking effect in Ontario in 2019


Yes- and the taxes are static as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Conservatives do not bother with the LIE-beral style rob Peter to pay Paul crap that is such an essential part of LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Bait and switch is BELOVED LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals have done so well at "saving the middle class" just as they promised that the middle class is effectively paying two thousand dollars MORE per year in taxes - after the spring 2018 budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LIE-berals BOAST of having raised the minimum wage- but they HAVE NOTHING TO SAY about how ALL of that pay raise- and MORE is being taxed out of peoples pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ordinary people have more money and less lies to deal with under a Ford govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AS a young guy recently said to me: "what is Ford doing for me"??????????????????


And i pointed out: "he is NOT digging you ever deeper into debt as LIE-berals were doing"?????????????????



Young guy thinks for a bit and: "yeah less debt is better"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The young guy KNOWS DEBT IS BAD because it took him YEARS to pay off his student loans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#168
New laws and rules in effect for Ontario in 2019
 
spilledthebeer
#169
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I believe that the drunk driving rate has been going steadily down over the decades. There are still those who haven't got the memo and who need a stiff "reminder".


Oh you may be mistaken Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Drunk driving ins a cyclical thing- driven by such things as the age of the population and by economic factors as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And of course it is also driven by TRULY STUPID LIE-beral court cases that let people OFF with the most LAME of excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Consider:





Here is yet another article illustrating that LIE-berals are more concerned for the rights of criminals than the safety of ordinary Cdns! With some comments of my own in brackets):

How do you say 'over 80' in Tamil?

By Michele Mandel. Published: January 23, 2018. Updated: January 23, 2018 7:25 PM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Toronto & GTA

Related News: City's budget lemmings prop up mayor's $256-M shelter expansion

Another drunk driver gets to walk – this time because the Tamil-speaking man wasn’t given an interpreter after he told police that he didn’t understand duty counsel.

Ontario Superior Court Justice David E. Harris has thrown out the “over 80” conviction for driver Dennis John, saying his Charter right to counsel was violated because he couldn’t comprehend a lawyer’s instructions before he was given a breathalyzer. As a result, the judge said, the breath evidence against him must be excluded.

(Here are some fun questions: Was the guy too drunk to understand the instructions from the lawyer in the first place? Or was he so drunk he did not recall talking to the lawyer when he woke up the next morning or is he now PRETENDING he did not understand- because it is a “clever” defense? In cases where a suspected drunk refuses to take a breathalyzer test- it usually results in nearly instant conviction- so why not in this case? When a drunk is unable to cooperate- being unconscious etc- cops are legally entitled to take a blood sample so how is “no spic da English” any sort of defence? Unless you are a hug a thug LIE-beral judge seeking to curry favour with ethnic voters?)

And Harris warned police that they must take into account “language difficulties” in our multicultural society.

“The police were told by (John) that he had not understood duty counsel and made no efforts to rectify the problem by either offering an interpreter or further exploring the issue with (him),” Harris wrote in his decision. “Minutes after saying that he did not understand duty counsel, the appellant was whisked into the breath room and was required to give the first breath sample. This was a serious breach.”

(Serious breach? For WHO? Cops are legally entitled to stop us on the street and smell our breath to determine if a breathalyzer test should be administered! How is it that the “I don’t understand” issue becomes a magical defence for any immigrant against being drunk? Ignorance of the law is not supposed to be an excuse- if you drive you should know laws about being drunk! Or should we assume that language difficulties and ignorance of the law do not apply to LIE-beral supporters?)

According to the judgment, John’s first language is Tamil and he understands English but said he “sometimes has problems.” When he was pulled over, the arresting officers spoke to him in English and said he appeared to follow everything he was told. John testified that he understood some, but not all, of what they were saying.

(And the goof has no knowledge that it is illegal to drive drunk in Canada? We all know that a white guy who only spoke German would NOT be let off a DUI for language difficulties! So who wants to tell us with s straight face- and no snickering- that the Tamil did not know what was happening to him and why? After all, driving drunk is not legal in Sri Lanka either!)

They certainly seemed to try to do right by John. At the station, police placed four calls to duty counsel on his behalf. John spoke to three different English-speaking lawyers and after the last conversation, which lasted seven minutes, he told officers that he hadn’t understood what was said.

John wasn’t asked if he wanted an interpreter. The constable testified that she “assumed” John understood English. “Rather than stop and regroup,” Harris said, “the police took the appellant into the breath room where he was required to blow into the breathalzyer.”

He failed.

(And facility with the English language DOES NOT reflect any level of sobriety!)

Ontario Court Justice Ian Cowan admitted the breathalyzer sample into evidence and convicted John in 2016. While he agreed with the defence that police should have arranged for an interpreter, the Charter breach wasn’t a “deliberate or flagrant disregard of the right to counsel” but “at the lower end of the scale.”

(Lost in this LIE-beral crap is the reality: that the presence of a Tamil speaking duty counsel would NOT have prevented the drunk from being convicted! Not in any court that ordinary Cdns could respect! Drunk is drunk in any language!)

The Brampton judge even praised the officers for acting “courteously and professionally” and said that by arranging three duty counsel conversations for John, they “believed they had satisfied their obligation.”

Not good enough, said Harris in ordering John’s acquittal. If it were, “the conduct of well-meaning but blundering police officers would be given a free pass.”

Instead, he called it “wilful blindness or reckless indifference” on the part of police.

(And ordinary Cdns call the dismissal of the DUI charge wilful blindness or reckless indifference on the part of LIE-beral hug a thug judges!)

“The fact remains, (John) said that he did not understand duty counsel. How could the police, hearing this statement, have an honest belief they had satisfied their obligations? ” the judge asked.

Harris accused the trial judge of being too deferential to the police. “He accepted the honest belief of the police and looked no further.”

(Let us suppose the drunk HAD understood his duty counsel- and counsel would say what? If lawyer tells client “do not blow into the breathalyzer as you will incriminate yourself” - the refusal to cooperate would trigger a blood test and the truth WOULD come out anyway! How is justice not served here?)

Harris did praise the arresting officers for their “admirable patience and diligence” in their initial interaction with John. “Why they went ahead in the face of the complaint that the appellant did not understand duty counsel was unexplained and, ultimately, unexplainable.”

The judge wouldn’t go as far as saying there’s a systematic failure, but wondered if the number of “language comprehension” cases before the court indicates police insensitivity to people whose first language isn’t English.

“I join with my judicial colleagues who have expressed concern,” Harris wrote. “The prospect that fundamental Charter rights could be opaque to a significant portion of the population merely because they are not native English speakers and are immigrants to this country is inimical to the origins and purpose of the Charter.”

(What a LIE-beral DISGRACE! If you have the language skills to get a drivers licence then you ought to understand that driving drunk is illegal- and since the breathalyzer test is a scientific tool that an accused driver must face- or have a blood test instead- there can be no issue with language! The breathalyzer does not need to speak Tamil! Nor any other language to render a scientific verdict! The machine issues a “yes or no verdict” and ordinary Cdns have no right to refuse the test- but shameless LIE-beral and their ethnic supporters are SPECIAL- and above the law!)

(Sadly, this is not the first time that LIE-berals have gone easy on an ethnic drunk! Some years back media told us about a Portuguese guy who had been arrested TEN TIMES for crashing his car while drunk! The guy had immigrated here many years ago and quickly became an alcoholic. At his first DUI trial he could have been deported but his relatives whined that he was a good guy and had joined Alcoholics Anonymous and etc- so LIE-beral hug a thug judge allowed him to stay!)

(Subsequently the guy developed a degenerative disease that has him living on Ontari-owe disability pension as he cannot work but it does not stop him from crashing his car while drunk! Naturally the guy has NEVER had a drivers license nor insurance either- any other cars he hits while drunk are repaired on OUR dime! LIE-berals consider it is none of our business how much this clown has cost us over the last 25 years- in insurance costs and disability pension and medical bills for his condition- and we COULD have saved all that money if only we insisted that LIE-beral hug a thug judges maintain a low tolerance for criminal stupidity and drunken morons! The ugly truth is that we cannot afford LIE-beral “justice”!)
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#170
'Nothing ever stays the same': Minister defends tuition, student fee, OSAP changes
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#171
Ontario welfare changes far from being reforms
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
-1
#172
We need to put welfare recipients on chain gangs.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#173
Just need an incentive to go to work
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
-1
#174
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Just need an incentive to go to work

How about "You can't possibly survive in Southern Ontatio on the pittance that Welfare or Pogey pays".
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#175
MF was bragging that the hottest G7 and Canadian economy was Ont. so no reason to be on Welfare anyway.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
#176
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

MF was bragging that the hottest G7 and Canadian economy was Ont. so no reason to be on Welfare anyway.

... unless you are somehow disabled, there is no reason. Young, single mom's have problems, tho.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#177
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

... unless you are somehow disabled, there is no reason. Young, single mom's have problems, tho.

Why ?
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#178
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Why ?

Surviving.

Minimum wage isn't enough to survive on here unless you live in a cardboard box.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#179
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Surviving.

Minimum wage isn't enough to survive on here unless you live in a cardboard box.

Why must they make minimum wage ?
 
Walter
+1
#180
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

... unless you are somehow disabled, there is no reason. Young, single mom's have problems, tho.

Yeah, keeping their legs together.