Hunter Tootoo resigns suddenly!


JLM
+1
#1
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pm-h...tion-1.3610408


I don't suppose it would have anything to do with the P.M. being an A$$hole!
Last edited by JLM; Jun 1st, 2016 at 09:58 AM..Reason: F**ked up the post!
 
DaSleeper
+1
#2
If you take of the back slash \, your link might work
You have one hour to edit a post...

BTW.....Keyword(s): A$$hole ; Posts Made By: JLM
Showing results 451 to 500 of 500
Canadian Content Forums - Search Results
 
JLM
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If you take of the back slash \, your link might work
You have one hour to edit a post...

BTW.....Keyword(s): A$$hole ; Posts Made By: JLM
Showing results 451 to 500 of 500
Canadian Content Forums - Search Results


Fixed it although I'm not sure I captured the EXACT same news report, but posters should get the gist!
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#4
Addiction treatment is what was on newswire this morning.
 
JLM
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Addiction treatment is what was on newswire this morning.


I believe that part of it. There may be some ulterior reason why his nibs is so coy about it.
 
Corduroy
+1
#6
Usually politicians resign pre-emptively like this for "family" or "personal" reasons and don't elaborate. The fact that the Liberals have cited addiction is getting a little more specific than usual and it's not the sort of thing people are willing to publicly admit.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Usually politicians resign pre-emptively like this for "family" or "personal" reasons and don't elaborate. The fact that the Liberals have cited addiction is getting a little more specific than usual and it's not the sort of thing people are willing to publicly admit.


That could mean more juicy stuff may be on the way and this is a pre-emptive strike to soften or stifle that. They do usually only release the minimum.
 
Corduroy
+3
#8  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

That could mean more juicy stuff may be on the way and this is a pre-emptive strike to soften or stifle that. They do usually only release the minimum.

Yeah, worst case scenario: they're preempting/covering up a scandal. Best case scenario: the details of Hunter Tootoo's addiction problems are personal and none of our business.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Yeah, worst case scenario: they're preempting/covering up a scandal. Best case scenario: the details of Hunter Tootoo's addiction problems are personal and none of our business.

I agree they are not. But knowing the way politics work, if that was the case he/they would have as you pointed out said personal reasons or no reason at all.

ETA: Having said that, any actions he did while minister on government time are public business regardless how personal.
 
Corduroy
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I agree they are not. But knowing the way politics work, if that was the case he/they would have as you pointed out said personal reasons or no reason at all.

Do you mean he wouldn't have specified addiction if it was personal or he wouldn't have if it was a cover up? Because the way I see it, he got personal enough to make himself look bad, which suggests honesty to me. But this is all just speculation.

Quote:

ETA: Having said that, any actions he did while minister on government time are public business regardless how personal.

Which is great that he resigned. Everyone has failings and the lucky ones among us recognize their own failings and take action. Without any other information, that's the only way we can view it. Not to say one shouldn't have a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to the government.
 
mentalfloss
#11
This already happened with another MP earlier this year.

Resigning and getting the help you need sounds like the appropriate response.
 
Walter
+2 / -1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This already happened with another MP earlier this year.

Resigning and getting the help you need sounds like the appropriate response.

Yeah, cuz he didn't know he was addicted before the election.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Do you mean he wouldn't have specified addiction if it was personal or he wouldn't have if it was a cover up? Because the way I see it, he got personal enough to make himself look bad, which suggests honesty to me. But this is all just speculation.

I never suspect honesty when it comes to politicians. I suppose it is always possible in a rare occurrence.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Which is great that he resigned. Everyone has failings and the lucky ones among us recognize their own failings and take action. Without any other information, that's the only way we can view it. Not to say one shouldn't have a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to the government.

That is a positive factor. But what he did prior to the resignation on government time is still fair game for scrutiny.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This already happened with another MP earlier this year.

Resigning and getting the help you need sounds like the appropriate response.

I don't think anybody is saying anything different.
 
Corduroy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

That is a positive factor. But what he did prior to the resignation on government time is still fair game for scrutiny.

It would be even if he didn't have a problem at all
 
mentalfloss
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yeah, cuz he didn't know he was addicted before the election.

Kindly get to the point before one of us dies.
 
coldstream
+1
#16
I'd go out a drink myself into a stupor every night too if i had to deal with an effeminate, imbecile boss like Justin flouncing around the office every day.
Last edited by coldstream; Jun 1st, 2016 at 01:21 PM..
 
JLM
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Usually politicians resign pre-emptively like this for "family" or "personal" reasons and don't elaborate. The fact that the Liberals have cited addiction is getting a little more specific than usual and it's not the sort of thing people are willing to publicly admit.


I think the concern lies more with the difference his Nibs treated the departure of the two members for similar reasons. He was quite blunt regarding Hunter as opposed to wishing the other guy all the best.

Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I'd go out a drink myself into a stupor every night too if i had to deal with an effeminate, imbecile boss like Justin flouncing around the office every day.


Ooooooh ooooh - sounds like some of the dwama emanating from the learned Cap't. is rubbing off on you.

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I agree they are not. But knowing the way politics work, if that was the case he/they would have as you pointed out said personal reasons or no reason at all.

ETA: Having said that, any actions he did while minister on government time are public business regardless how personal.


To a degree, I don't think we have to be apprised every time he stops for a leak or has a bout of diahhreah!
 
Walter
+1 / -1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

To a degree, I don't think we have to be apprised every time he stops for a leak or has a bout of diahhreah!

Diarrhea, also spelled diarrhoea.

h/t Wikipedia
 
Remington1
+1
#19
Join AA.
 
personal touch
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Yeah, worst case scenario: they're preempting/covering up a scandal. Best case scenario: the details of Hunter Tootoo's addiction problems are personal and none of our business.

This is what to watch for,the facts are going to be interesting.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yeah, cuz he didn't know he was addicted before the election.


I'm not sure exactly what your point is. People from all walks and political stripes have addiction issues, but none usually address it until they crash in some form or another.

Look at it this way, if you suddenly had an epiphany and announced to the world. "Hey I just realized that I'm a bigoted idiot!" We would look upon that as a positive and certainly not say, "Yeah, cuz he didn't know he was a bigoted idiot before he joined the forum."

There's hope, Walter.
Even for you.
 
Curious Cdn
#22
Maybe the endless smarm needed to be part of the Liberal caucus these days drove him to substances. It eases the pain of being nibbled to death by ducks.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

I'm not sure exactly what your point is. People from all walks and political stripes have addiction issues, but none usually address it until they crash in some form or another.

But Walter only hates the liberal and non-white addicts. Because that's the Word of Jesus.
 
JLM
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

But Walter only hates the liberal and non-white addicts. Because that's the Word of Jesus.


Yep!
 
relic
-2
#25
Liberals retire because they drink,torys get kicked out "cause they'er liars and thieves.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#26
How does one "suddenly resign?" Like, get up from your desk and sprint for the exit, yelling "I quit!" over your shoulder?
 
JLM
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How does one "suddenly resign?" Like, get up from your desk and sprint for the exit, yelling "I quit!" over your shoulder?


That should work.
 
coldstream
#28
I'm still trying to figure out why Hunter is out of caucus as well as cabinet.

Other caucus members have had issues with alcohol and there was only a brief absence and an open invitation to return when they got sorted out. None of that here.. and for one of their prime 'token' ethnic representatives.

So something else happened here and my guess is he broke one of the taboos of the feminist dominated liberal party platform. The shoe has yet to drop on what that is, but its seems its serious enough to exile him for good.
Last edited by coldstream; Jun 3rd, 2016 at 02:13 PM..
 
JLM
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I'm still trying to figure out why Hunter is out of caucus as well as cabinet.

Other caucus members have had issues with alcohol and there was only a brief absence and an open invitation to return when they got sorted out. None of that here.. and from one of their prime 'token' ethnic representatives.

So something else happened here and my guess is he broke one of the taboos of the feminist dominated liberal party platform. The shoe has yet to drop on what that is, but its seems its serious enough to exile him for good.


Yep, there's a lot of possibilities to eliminate........................He didn't try to "jump" Sophie did he?
 
personal touch
+1
#30
I think this is enough of bashing someone's misfortune
 

Similar Threads