If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?


pgs
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

AAAH, WE STRIKE A NERVE.
XLNT!
The cancer that is poisoning the world.
1997
ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS for U.S. military forces:
• defend the American homeland;
• fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;
• perform the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment in
critical regions;
• transform U.S. forces to exploit the “revolution in military affairs;”
To carry out these core missions, we need to provide sufficient force and budgetary
allocations. In particular, the United States must:
MAINTAIN NUCLEAR STRATEGIC SUPERIORITY, basing the U.S. nuclear deterrent upon a
global, nuclear net assessment that weighs the full range of current and emerging threats, not merely the U.S.-Russia balance.
RESTORE THE PERSONNEL STRENGTH of today’s force to roughly the levels anticipated in the “Base Force” outlined by the Bush Administration, an increase in active-duty strength
from 1.4 million to 1.6 million.
REPOSITION U.S. FORCES to respond to 21st century strategic realities by shifting permanently-based forces to Southeast Europe and Southeast Asia, and by changing naval deployment patterns to reflect growing U.S. strategic concerns in East Asia.
more
https://web.archive.org/web/20090804...asDefenses.pdf

Whatever , you’re safe down in nowhere land .
 
Hoid
+1
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

For which we are truly thankful.

indeed the deplorables finally have their man
 
Jinentonix
+1
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You can see why I prefer you do your own research rather than offering you 'gut instinct' in place of 'hard facts'. Somebody from the West would see a relationship between grain and sugar cane. We lost the war they won. We grow what we are tole when we are told, hemp being banned is an example of how much of a fight we don't ever put up.

Idiot. Canada banned marijuana and hemp BEFORE the US did. Keep it up. You're showing you know even less about Canada than mrjoshy.
 
mrjoshua
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Democracy isn't quite as simple as "majority rules".

Sir, it is and that's how it is supposed to be.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Why? You're already presuming to speak for the majority of Canadians.

I am not presuming, I know I am speaking for the majority of you. Don't believe it? Well, that's your problem!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

No, it's not. You just don't like the result.

No. I don't like how Canada is not doing anything.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

On top of that, you blow off China killing millions of it own people as something that's irrelevant because it happened a "long time ago" And yet think something that happened in 1812 that had nothing to do with Canada as a nation is STILL highly relevant over 200 years later.

You are right. Let's not use past sins as examples. Let's focus on today for tomorrow.
 
mrjoshua
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I'm sorry, did we ask for the advice of some internet nobody who won't say where he's from?

I'm not giving you advice, I'm giving Canadians advice.

Also sir, why are you so angry? If everything I'm saying is false, it shouldn't affect you at all. You are angry because you know that what I'm saying is correct. You cannot accept it or try to deny it in attempt to mask what is truly going on in your country.

It's like Hitler in his final days, still in denial that Germany has lost, still rejecting the idea of surrender.

Oh and I'm from Australia.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I'm pretty sure Canada didn't send you an e-mail begging you to help us "fix our problem".

No but perhaps because of your anger, Canadians never thought of a way to fix your problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You need to understand you're not Canadian and what we do or how we deal with our neighbours is none of your f*cking business.

No, I know that but I'm sure outsiders are allowed to give out advice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

So it's still ranked 5th with Canadians despite your anti-American rhetoric and attempt to paint Canadians as anti-American.

There were only 5 choices after all. Add another 5 and it would probably be 9th. Add another 90 and it would be 99th.
 
petros
+1
#96
I hate Aussies.
 
mrjoshua
#97
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Nothing, especially world politics, is always so black and white. The grey areas will kill you, literally, if you don't do things right.

I see. I can see through you! You just want to make it complicated!

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

They're turning into copies of other authoritarian dictatorships,

Good enough reason to let them go.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

BUT, there are still enough people in the US with common sense about not wanting to be like China, or North Korea, or Russia

Sir, if they wanted their problems fixed, they would have done it a long time ago. Also I've read somewhere that the majority of them are pretty happy or they have the common sense to know that fighting will only end up destroying everything they value. They've seen the living conditions of other countries and realize to themselves how luck they are to be living in the US.

They still have faith in their government, no matter how much they complain about it. I asked on city-data "if the US is a terrible place, why don't Americans dismantle it?" and many said that they still believe in America... so...

Good enough reason to let them go of them I guess.

You have no understanding of world politics or the world period if you think any of this is simple.

No it is simple. It's simple human behavior just that there are plenty of humans involved!

North Korea wishes that every single American would die, correct? I mean, they absolutely hate the US! Same with Iran? So what do they do? Do they have relations with the US? Do they trade with it? Does the US have an embassy in their countries and vice versa? And they exist! They are doing fine! Some hardships here and there but nothing they can overcome! What about Canada?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

What you're talking about affects EVERYONE, all over the world. Hell, even doing anything with CHINA has that same effect.

Yes but everyone will have to deal with it in their own ways.

And no, what China or any other country out there does, will not affect the world necessarily. Have you heard about the South China Sea dispute?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I am "biased" and "favor" the US - justice may be applied to all, but justice - while we want it to be and hope it will be - is not equal.

With this attitude of yours, it won't be. Good thing you don't work for the law.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Trump is a moron, but he's a symptom of the disease, not the source.

An incurable disease?

Also to the Canadian who claimed that I have no right to give advice to Canadians, what right do you Canadians have to interfere in your neighbor's decisions? Remember, the US is a sovereign nation, just like Canada.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

The US has been slowly falling apart for decades.

You know that and you still hope?
 
mrjoshua
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

the minority is smarter than the majority.

Proof? And regardless, that is not a democracy but an authoritarian.
 
Serryah
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

I see. I can see through you! You just want to make it complicated!


No, the world makes things complicated, I just acknowledge the fact that there isn't black and white, but grey all over.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Good enough reason to let them go.


Turning into doesn't mean they are, they still can be 'saved', as it were. We'll see though this next election if that hope is viable any longer or not.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Sir, if they wanted their problems fixed, they would have done it a long time ago. Also I've read somewhere that the majority of them are pretty happy or they have the common sense to know that fighting will only end up destroying everything they value. They've seen the living conditions of other countries and realize to themselves how luck they are to be living in the US.


Actually, I agree with both these ideas.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

They still have faith in their government, no matter how much they complain about it. I asked on city-data "if the US is a terrible place, why don't Americans dismantle it?" and many said that they still believe in America... so...


Because they still have hope.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Good enough reason to let them go of them I guess.


Why, because there are people who still have hope the US can be a decent nation? So do you disregard everything that doesn't fulfill your idea of instant gratification, or just nations? Again, politics is a game of patients, of evolution, of more than just black and white and you have no idea what so ever about the truth of it if you think otherwise.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

No it is simple. It's simple human behavior just that there are plenty of humans involved!


See above.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

North Korea wishes that every single American would die, correct? I mean, they absolutely hate the US! Same with Iran? So what do they do? Do they have relations with the US? Do they trade with it? Does the US have an embassy in their countries and vice versa? And they exist! They are doing fine! Some hardships here and there but nothing they can overcome! What about Canada?


"Some hardships"? Wow, that's a SERIOUSLY gross understatement of things. "They are doing fine"???? Blind much?

Also, Canadians may complain, we may gripe, we may even be disgusted by the US, but it's not a level of hate that Iran or other countries like them have. There is a huge difference between how we feel and how they feel.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Yes but everyone will have to deal with it in their own ways.

And no, what China or any other country out there does, will not affect the world necessarily. Have you heard about the South China Sea dispute?


Of course I have. You can't tell me that it doesn't affect the rest of the world. It does. Your ignorance of how isn't my issue however, but yours to correct.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

With this attitude of yours, it won't be. Good thing you don't work for the law.


Yes, good thing, because I would have left long ago considering how much injustice there is compared to actual justice. The empathy I feel for others wouldn't tolerate the hardships.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

An incurable disease?

Also to the Canadian who claimed that I have no right to give advice to Canadians, what right do you Canadians have to interfere in your neighbor's decisions? Remember, the US is a sovereign nation, just like Canada.


You know that and you still hope?


Perhaps he is, we'll have to be patient and wait and see.


What decisions are Canadians interfering with when it comes to the US? Hell, we kowtow to the US more than we 'interfere' with them. The whole China issue we have currently is directly because we upheld the request of the US to arrest and transfer an executive for Huawei to them, yet the US won't take the prisoner and keeps putting us in the middle. IMO we should let the woman go and if the US complains, tell them they had their chance but blew it.

But overall, yes, I still have hope, because not having hope, and thinking of the worst the US could be, scares the crap out of me due to what it means for Canada and the world.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Sir, it is and that's how it is supposed to be.

In matters of general personal or public opinion? I'm afraid not.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

I am not presuming, I know I am speaking for the majority of you.

You're not Canadian. You don't speak for one single citizen in this country let alone any kind of majority, period.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Don't believe it? Well, that's your problem!

Actually dumbass, you proved the opposite with your gay little infographic. Your claim is the majority of Canadians hate the US yet your infographic shows the US as the Canada's 5th choice as a neighbour. That's 5th out of 195. Ergo, the US is preferred over countries like Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, all but three European countries (two of which are the founding heritages of Canada), any other Asian country, or Central or South American country. Yep, sure sounds like a major hate on for the US.

Now, why won't YOU tell us where you're from?!?
 
mrjoshua
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Because they still have hope.

Oh give me a break. Can you just sever ties with them already?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Of course I have.

So what is Canada doing about it?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

What decisions are Canadians interfering with when it comes to the US?

This whole Trump thing that you and your precious Europeans keep complaining about like he is your leader!

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

But overall, yes, I still have hope

Oh brother... I guess I'll just have to be patient and let your fellow country men do it instead!
 
mrjoshua
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You don't speak for one single citizen in this country

I speak for Curios Cdn and that Kiwi person and maybe a lot of those here: Just how widespread is anti-American sentiment in Canada?

There are actually a lot of them. It is strange that Canadians feel this way but was never harmed by the US yet I tend to come across more positive feed back from peoples of countries which the US has actually harmed...

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

yet your infographic shows the US as the Canada's 5th choice

Ummm... have you considered that they were given only 6 choices?
 
Jinentonix
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Ummm... have you considered that they were given only 6 choices?

Ummmm...so why did YOU post it then, since it still never proved your point? And 6 choices out of 195 countries wouldn't be much of a poll. Especially considering the disparity between the UK and Mexico.

And once again, you are NOT a Canadian and you speak for NO Canadians. Whether any agree with you or not is irrelevant.

I don't butt my business into British forums telling the Remoaners that I, a Canadian, speak for the majority of Britons who support Brexit. And yet you STILL won't tell us where you're from.
That makes your reasons for posting this thread amazingly suspect. Especially since there's an election just around the corner.
So why are you avoiding telling us where you're posting from? You come in here to stir up the pot, stomp into the forum like Christ coming to cleanse the Temple telling us you can help us like we need or asked for you help, act like you're the f*cking spokesperson for Canada because you read some opinions from ex-pats, tell us that a snapshot in time (a poll) is indicative of Canadian opinion all the time, but refuse to say where you're from. And we're supposed to just trust your "good" intentions"? Yeah, go drink a big heaping mug of go f*ck yourself.
 
Danbones
#104
He speaks for socks.

Last edited by Danbones; 6 days ago at 05:34 AM..
 
Serryah
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Oh give me a break. Can you just sever ties with them already?


Again, since you don't seem to understand the situation; no. It's not that easy.



Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

So what is Canada doing about it?


Trying to resolve the issue, although I personally don't think we're doing it the right way, but I'm not in Government.



Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

This whole Trump thing that you and your precious Europeans keep complaining about like he is your leader!


LOL - I don't complain because Trump is 'like our leader', I complain because he's a moron, he's a dangerous narcissist and a whole bunch of other reasons.



I also 'complain' because the US has this inherent belief that their President is the Leader of the Free World. And while I totally and emphatically disagree with that belief, as someone of the 'free world', I feel it's also my right then to shit on the 'Leader' as needed.


I see it as the privilege of being family.


Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Oh brother... I guess I'll just have to be patient and let your fellow country men do it instead!


Do what? Go balls to the wall and disengage from the US in a political and economical suicide that'd ruin Canada? That's not gonna happen, not unless things get to the breaking point, and while close, it's not there yet.


Really, you have NO idea about what the situation is here between our two countries, and yet when you're told how it is, you deny it or think it's easy to just walk away. But it's not.
 
spilledthebeer
#106
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Ever hear of Iceland. Ever hear how they cleared up their National Debt for good?? Do you understand why we would never be able to?
What could be done is Canadians in the north and West can show they are being ecomomically raped and the people are treated liked 3rd class citizens.
Put the present debt on the shoulders of the people living within a certain distance of the US border and have the US govern them like they do the island just off shore. The North can take out a loan from the WB through the UN and have them do a plan and the people can sign off after they make any changes they want and 'poof' $50B in debt for 100 years.

What would end is the free money to the ones in the south of Canada as well as the $50/bbl rebate the US presently gets on every drop of oil we export.
The terrible part is the north is being treated as a no man's land rather than there are people there who do have access to money and they can find all sorts of treasures in the 'land without a people'. Dot the area with NASA type instruments and the best locations are easy to find and the locals (all prospectors with valid business permits) would be the ones to look in all the hidden spots. With a small population at the start the needs are also small. The Canadian Government left every village in as bad of shape as possible so ground up rebuilds that make each village a stand alone community running at 21st century levels while still utilizing local resourses. (baked clay floors may turn out to be better than imported materials as they keep mice out as well as act as a conduit for the in-floor heat that using solar and goe-thermal means for the heating and cooling. Having the UN as the general Contractor means SNC is toast and southern Canada has no other experts, the UN is full of them and they are on good terms with the World Bank. With modernization being on the drawing board for most of the globe doing northern Canada as a showpiece would polish an image that is tarnished at the moment. The UN also all the connections to get it done sooner rather than later. A good deal when the people are the ones that can make or break a new diamond mine. AB did it with Social Credit after WWII. They could do nothing wrong for the next 20 years in the eyes of the voters. The north needs to float a loan at least that large and pay it back through a similar device that was the Heritage Trust fund. Giving the UN the financial reins would make things cheaper for the locals and in the time it takes to pay it off they can lean how to take over some/all/none of that end of the business. Open books would lead to full time employment for the admin as well as acting as a reference when they bid on other projects that are just as big because it brings a few people up to the standards set at the UN rather than sweat-shop owners. (like North America was from 1500AD) Max profits for as little investment as possible)


Did I mention the north is an ideal place for people in danger of facing war crimes? Their fight will be against the weather rather than any person so their grandchildren will have left all the shit behind. 3M 'home-steaders' who are farming fish in 3 decades, enough to feed 30M people annually and the catch grows every year. Everyone signing for a 50 year loan to show the UN that people are willing to move there if they can avoid the corruption that comes when Ontario and Quebec are calling the shots. (last 7 decades clearly show that and no signs of it ever ending)




OH MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What colour is the sky in the alternate universe you live in??????????????????????????????????????????


Can we SEND YOU TO THE NORTH?????????????????????????


Maybe some contact with reality will be good for you?????????????????????????


And being cut off your LSD supply might help you as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Jinentonix
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

He speaks for socks.

He also sucks something that rhymes with socks.
 
NZDoug
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Whatever , you’re safe down in nowhere land .

No one in the world is safe.
The arms industries world wide and the demographic that profits from their sales have finally come up against the reality of their greed. As the earth gradually becomes uninhabitable by virtue of climate change it may shortly not be worth fighting over. Surely everyone by now should have realized that arms races and wars whether nuclear or conventional must have contributed dramatically to global warming in addition to all the obvious grief they have caused from loss of life. The reality of the technology of war is that as soon as it is employed it is an admission of failure.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#109
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

If you guys build the wall and pay for it, I'm in.
It will be immensely amusing watching them discover what is actually involved in building a wall along the Canadian border. One of the participants in the GOP Primaries Gong Show back in 2016 said he'd do just that ...whatziz-name, the black physician. I'm sure that Med School was rigorous but American public school geography seems to be far less than adequate. I wonder if he also believes that Iran and Iraq are JUST the same because of the spelling? "We kicked ayass in Iraq and we'll do it again just the same in Iran".

We did build the largest engineering feat in history, y'know. We can do it. All we need to do is ask the Chinese for another hundred billion or so. Drop in the bucket compared to what we're already into them for.
 
petros
#110
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Proof? And regardless, that is not a democracy but an authoritarian.

You are the proof.
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

We did build the largest engineering feat in history, y'know. We can do it. All we need to do is ask the Chinese for another hundred billion or so. Drop in the bucket compared to what we're already into them for.

It will cost you more to build a wall along the whole length of the Canadian border than to establish a colony on Mars. All that you will gain is a bunch of refugees that will be unable to sneak into Canada for your efforts. You have more room in your camps, don't you?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It will cost you more to build a wall along the whole length of the Canadian border than to establish a colony on Mars. All that you will gain is a bunch of refugees that will be unable to sneak into Canada for your efforts. You have more room in your camps, don't you?

Sure, we can always stuff a few more in. Ain't like they need beds. Or showers. Or food.
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Sure, we can always stuff a few more in. Ain't like they need beds. Or showers. Or food.

... diapers ... medicine ... parents ... hope ...
 
taxslave
+1
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

In matters of general personal or public opinion? I'm afraid not.
You're not Canadian. You don't speak for one single citizen in this country let alone any kind of majority, period. Actually dumbass, you proved the opposite with your gay little infographic. Your claim is the majority of Canadians hate the US yet your infographic shows the US as the Canada's 5th choice as a neighbour. That's 5th out of 195. Ergo, the US is preferred over countries like Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, all but three European countries (two of which are the founding heritages of Canada), any other Asian country, or Central or South American country. Yep, sure sounds like a major hate on for the US.
Now, why won't YOU tell us where you're from?!?

I got a hunch you are talking at Avro.
 
taxslave
+1
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

... diapers ... medicine ... parents ... hope ...

If they didn't get all that stuff and more for free they would stop coming.
 
mrjoshua
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I personally don't think we're doing it the right way, but I'm not in Government.

Perhaps run for government?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I complain because he's a moron, he's a dangerous narcissist and a whole bunch of other reasons.

As I said, you can't change them or him.

I get a feeling that they are going to vote for him again or another... what is it? Republican?

I saw a portion of this debate between Democrats(?) who were asked if they would allow free healthcare to illegals, all said yes... I think they lost already.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I also 'complain' because the US has this inherent belief that their President is the Leader of the Free World.

Let them believe whatever they want to believe.

Would you get offended if I said I was King of Canada?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I feel it's also my right then to shit on the 'Leader' as needed.

Perhaps they shouldn't be Leader or what they call, world cop?

I thought millions have already died because of them? They should be stripped of the title!

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I see it as the privilege of being family.

Oh enough with this family BS already.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Do what? Go balls to the wall and disengage from the US in a political and economical suicide that'd ruin Canada?

Did you forget about the choices I presented to you already?

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Really, you have NO idea about what the situation is

I think I know more than you do.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

think it's easy to just walk away.

It is. You just don't want to do it.
 
mrjoshua
#117
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

All that you will gain is a bunch of refugees that will be unable to sneak into Canada

Good enough reason to build a wall then and let them go.

Oh Curious Cdn, I am having trouble with a few of your countrymen here. They keep saying that Canada does and will not sever ties with the US no matter how evil it has become.

I have already offered them numerous countries as choices but still they reject it! I even brought in the Commonwealth and CANZUK and still they fight me over it...

I hope for the glory of Canada that this is not what the majority are like. Can you speak sense to them please?
 
mrjoshua
#118
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You are the proof.

Oh stop it! Stop with these pathetic excuses why you can't or won't!

Don't think I can't see through you!
 
mrjoshua
#119
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I got a hunch you are talking at Avro.

Did Avro say the same things too?
 
NZDoug
+1
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by mrjoshua View Post

Good enough reason to build a wall then and let them go.
Oh Curious Cdn, I am having trouble with a few of your countrymen here. They keep saying that Canada does and will not sever ties with the US no matter how evil it has become.
I have already offered them numerous countries as choices but still they reject it! I even brought in the Commonwealth and CANZUK and still they fight me over it...
I hope for the glory of Canada that this is not what the majority are like. Can you speak sense to them please?

hey Josh,'the countries are fused at the waist.
It can t be separated.
Once were brothers, now USA is the disease n the bottom half.
Sing along!
"I don't need your ghetto scenes,
I don't kneed no war machine, now women,
just stay away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyKR9ON122g