ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Still waiting for a single substantive reason for Alberta separation.
If they had one there would be a separatist movement in Alberta - which there is not.

Freedom

Hoid
They got nothing

JLM
One question I have is does AB have enough commodities to be able to trade for the ones they don't have?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Such are the perils of global warming

Your AC break down??

Ethiopia is going to plant 3B tress, go green. Should we sell them seedlings before we tell them they need to water each one weekly? Maybe sell them a million old tires so they can start slowing down the water that does fall. All the cities are digging big holes in case of flash floods, I suppose a valve could be closed when it is full.

Bibi said he has a line on hose used in drip irrigation. Maybe start fruit bearing small bushes along the creeks and grass from there until it meets more grass.

Call me in a few 100 years if you are stuck when you get to that point.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

One question I have is does AB have enough commodities to be able to trade for the ones they don't have?

If BC doesn't allow them to transit their land with a pipeline, the oil continues to go South, except that the Americans will not stand for any sort of surcharge from Alberta, slapped on it. So they will get less for their oil, less political clout as a 51st and not particularly rich, powerful nor populace state.

I can hear the complaining, already. "It's so unfair! It's our Right to be rich!"

petros
+1
North.

Hoid
there is no plan and there is no movement

its just the usual white natty bullshit

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

North.

The ice cap is advancing, remember? Besides, Alberta has no sea shore and, amazingly, neither does Saskatchewan. If Manitoba signs on to your new republic, they may have trouble accessing their Hudson Bay port and acess to Churchill might be contingent on the good will of a wounded and angry Canada allowing access to it through Candian waters. That mighty Albertan Navy will come to the rescue!

petros
+1
You think NWT and YT are are going to give up such a huge opportunity?

Ever heard of Seattle? Far bigger port than Vancouver.

We'll take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.

Hoid
lol

huge opportunity

MHz
We would have way too many white collar workers for the type of hiring that would be going on. Cut along present borders and exports staying the same but imports would be good that are sanctioned so we would be looking at black market prices or we would have to start doing things 'in house'. Clear plastic and south facing slopes would make ideal green houses, the steeper the better so river banks could now be growing 12/12 and the herbs that are trucked in now would be supplied in abundance by each center. We have too much canola and wheat and not enough in ground crops (avoid starvation) and utility crops, like hemp and flax.
A small NG turbine to spin gensets as residential sees 12V being the core voltage and each place producing its own power needs and industrial centers have workers live on site.
Bottled NG would be as common as bottled water once it is made into a hydrate for portable uses.
Rather than left to our own devices we would be treated like Cuba since 1960, they have no regrets even with the sanctions being very successful.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

lol
huge opportunity

Yup after being forced in Canada why wouldn't it be?

No Crown = No Treaties

No Treaties = Freedom.

The Dene would love to get rid of the Cree who invaded their land and took them slaves.

petros
+1
Quebec and American FNs signed Treaties with Queen Vic claiming land that was never theirs to begin with.

Treaty 4 is a farce.

Curious Cdn

We'll take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.

You really need to go to sea, Billy to get a clue.

By the way, the Arctic is getting colder, remember?

Ice is advancing , etc. etc. Global warming, myth ... global cooling, reality ...

Who's going to supply the ice breakers that you "brought" with you? The Gimli Fire Department?

Curious Cdn

Yup after being forced in Canada why wouldn't it be?
No Crown = No Treaties
No Treaties = Freedom.
The Dene would love to get rid of the Cree who invaded their land and took them slaves.

the FNs are going to have a really hard time siding with a new country who thinks that it's a-okay to gun down FN teenagers for tresspassing. Rootin'an'tootin' only looks good to yourselves.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You really need to go to sea, Billy to get a clue.
By the way, the Arctic is getting colder, remember?
Ice is advancing , etc. etc. Global warming, myth ... global cooling, reality ...
Who's going to supply the ice breakers that you "brought" with you? The Gimli Fire Department?

Are you jealous or are you envious of Western Canada going it's own way or both?

petros

the FNs are going to have a really hard time siding with a new country who thinks that it's a-okay to gun down FN teenagers for tresspassing. Rootin'an'tootin' only looks good to yourselves.

Is that what you did when you lived in Regina?

pgs
+1

Are you jealous or are you envious of Western Canada going it's own way or both?

He knows what it would do to Ontario’s prosperity. Sadly some people never learned about killing a golden goose .

Curious Cdn

I Think that you should be rounded up and arrested for sedition.

MHz

Well take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.

Vancouver south of Seattle has access to the interior without having to cross any mountain ranges.

Even allowing the Panhandle to handle goods destined for the Canadian interior and North the price is maxed out to what the locals can generate rather than the lowest bid also include quality service. They could invest in a port in northern BC, the construction takes 10 years and 100 years is the break-in period so whoever builds the road has that long to recover the expenses unless charging the taxpayers an excessive return on investment is the norm, ie for test holes for a diamond mine. ($17B profit/$500M investment/10 years)

The Yukon could re-mine all the old tailing piles and clean up all the gold this time and have the land reclaimed and the gold itself would pay for it if the proto site become the standard way of doing it. Once the streams are contoured so flooding deposits the gold in certain areas a company such as 'Mother Nature Inc. could work far upstream and loosen material that would be 'gold bearing' and a manufactured flood along with mother nature would mean the creeks could be cleaned out like a trap-line.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

He knows what it would do to Ontario’s prosperity. Sadly some people never learned about killing a golden goose .

Ontarians do a whole lot of complex things for theirprosperity. All of it seems to be beyond the imaginations of you wood hewers, water drawers and not much else.

petros
+1

I Think that you should be rounded up and arrested for sedition.

Sorry I've done nothing to interfere with the operations of Govt.

Most of BC is unceded, why would they go with Ontario eastward?

petros
+1

Ontarians do a whole lot of complex things for theirprosperity. All of it seems to be beyond the imaginations of you wood hewers, water drawers and not much else.

Were you genetically transformed into an Ontarian Ubermensch after leaving Regina or does drinking make you a tough guy?

Curious Cdn

Were you genetically transformed into an Ontarian Ubermensch after leaving Regina or does drinking make you a tough guy?

I'm a engineer designing new products in a factory, here. I doubt that there is even one of those in all of Saskatchewan.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Vancouver south of Seattle has access to the interior without having to cross any mountain ranges.
Even allowing the Panhandle to handle goods destined for the Canadian interior and North the price is maxed out to what the locals can generate rather than the lowest bid also include quality service. They could invest in a port in northern BC, the construction takes 10 years and 100 years is the break-in period so whoever builds the road has that long to recover the expenses unless charging the taxpayers an excessive return on investment is the norm, ie for test holes for a diamond mine. ($17B profit/$500M investment/10 years)
The Yukon could re-mine all the old tailing piles and clean up all the gold this time and have the land reclaimed and the gold itself would pay for it if the proto site become the standard way of doing it. Once the streams are contoured so flooding deposits the gold in certain areas a company such as 'Mother Nature Inc. could work far upstream and loosen material that would be 'gold bearing' and a manufactured flood along with mother nature would mean the creeks could be cleaned out like a trap-line.

http://www.a2arail.com/phone/index.html

petros
+1

I'm a engineer designing new products in a factory, here. I doubt that there is even one of those in all of Saskatchewan.

We have a box factory too. Cut fold and glue too. The works.

MHz
It might be a crime if they are committing a crime and you did noting to stop them.

Curious Cdn

We have a box factory too. Cut fold and glue too. The works.

riiiight.

Do you actually make antthing to put in those boxes?

No, eh?

MHz

http://www.a2arail.com/phone/index.html

That is about a rail connection from Alaska to the lower 48, as a bonus they will market McMurry Sludge for Alberta. Why own it when you can just rape us at will??

petros

riiiight.
Do you actually make antthing to put in those boxes?
No, eh?

What do you want?