The birth of a crock- climate denial seeds

Tonington
Here is an excellent example of how these memes are created and propogated. Misrepresenting entirely what an expert says and then repeating the faslehood repeatedly.

This is classic propaganda. Respectively, it's a disinformation and false testimonial, followed by repetition bordering on ad nauseum.

Watch how it spins out of control:

YouTube - Birth of a Crock

TenPenny
Like anything, repeat it over and over, get it quoted by multiple sources, and it gains credibility.

AnnaG
Oh, how very dramatic, Ton. I think Sinclair should have ditched the movie clips.

But the point is pretty clear, I think; one can use propaganda to insidiously control what people think.

It's best to just plug ears and look at the data, IMO. It seems clear to me when I see points plotted on graphs that may bob up and down or stay level for a distance, but the general trend is upwards, there's an indication of an increase in whatever the graph is representing.

In this specific case I see dips and leaps and level spots in every graph about ocean and surface temperature anomalies but the general trend over not years or decades, but in tens of decades is upwards, it tells me that the little changes in temperatures that occur add to the temperature as increases. That means warming over a long period with temporary periods of cooling. Global warming deniers just focus on the odd period that cools and can't see the long term indications. They'd rather doggedly stick to ANY hypothesis that supports their inability to see the long term picture.

People used to think that water carried diseases and it was bad to wash. Everyone "knew" this to be the truth. Well, it did, but the disease elements were introduced to the water to begin with and if you used clean water to clean with, you were fine. Eventually, word got around and we use clean water to wash with.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Like anything, repeat it over and over, get it quoted by multiple sources, and it gains credibility.

... and it also works for the opposing view.

Walter
New Record Low Tornado Count as of October 3
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2018/10/...-of-october-3/

How inconvenient.

MHz
Walnut, are you expecting a reply to those posters or did you just get to the post from your list of 'things to do'?

Walter
Rent free.

MHz
You might want to ask yourself how safe it is for you with just you and me in the same place at the same time. You would be easier to crack than a mod on night-shift. Are you the reason I seem to be washing my hands more often than required?

Bar Sinister
For some reason YouTube doesn't work on your link. Maybe this one will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khikoh3sJg8

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

New Record Low Tornado Count as of October 3
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2018/10/...-of-october-3/

How inconvenient.

Nice to see you are still attempting to refute GW by looking out your window.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Nice to see you are still attempting to refute GW by looking out your window.

Please read the article.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Please read the article.

Maybe you should send that to the people of Ottawa. It will make them feel better.

petros
Please read the article.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Please read the article.

Are you telling that your want me to read an article by the supported by the climate agency that supports the idea of global warming? Already read it.