SPLIT thread: Why to do anything about global warming

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Yes, that's what I was looking at. Specifically I wanted to see how the climate has changed since the 60's. It's not which year was the hottest or coldest on this day that matters for climate, but the long term average weather.

Try this Statistics: Princeton, British Columbia - The Weather Network hope it works for you.

Statistics: Merritt, British Columbia - The Weather Network

The site is a little tricky, you might have to play around with it to ger a specific historic date.

OK- Go to "home", "province", "city", "weather", "statistics". It doesn't appear that you can get complete statistics for all stations, but there must be a brighter candle on the cake than me.................LOL HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP Somebody.

Tonington
I found this, but the data stops in 1990:

Here's what I get in excel, with a trend line:

The trendline is rising at about 0.3C per decade.

That's about double the global trend.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

I found this, but the data stops in 1990:

Here's what I get in excel, with a trend line:

The trendline is rising at about 0.3C per decade.

That's about double the global trend.

I see what the graph appears to be saying, however, while our winter probably would fit into it, what we have had so far for summer like weather is starting to feel like it will be the year without summer. I call it the year without winter (2009). I was at my GP's office today and it was really busy so a number of people were sitting in the waiting room. Normally, people sit there in complete silence, no one talking much to anyone. Today however, people were the most chatty I have ever seen. All they could talk about was how cold it's been. People are wearing attire like shorts but the majority are still bundled up. It rained so hard here this afternoon, the water was just bouncing off the pavement.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Try this Statistics: Princeton, British Columbia - The Weather Network hope it works for you.

Statistics: Merritt, British Columbia - The Weather Network

The site is a little tricky, you might have to play around with it to ger a specific historic date.

OK- Go to "home", "province", "city", "weather", "statistics". It doesn't appear that you can get complete statistics for all stations, but there must be a brighter candle on the cake than me.................LOL HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP Somebody.

If Ton does get some of that info from Princeton, maybe I can at least help to confirm some of it. I cannot tell him what the weather was like 60 years ago. I'm sure I was paying more attention to a baby bottle than the weather but it did not change so fast that I wouldn't know something about it. Princeton was darn hot when I was a kid and it's darn hot now. Merritt too.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

I see what the graph appears to be saying, however, while our winter probably would fit into it, what we have had so far for summer like weather is starting to feel like it will be the year without summer. I call it the year without winter (2009). I was at my GP's office today and it was really busy so a number of people were sitting in the waiting room. Normally, people sit there in complete silence, no one talking much to anyone. Today however, people were the most chatty I have ever seen. All they could talk about was how cold it's been. People are wearing attire like shorts but the majority are still bundled up. It rained so hard here this afternoon, the water was just bouncing off the pavement.

If Ton does get some of that info from Princeton, maybe I can at least help to confirm some of it. I cannot tell him what the weather was like 60 years ago. I'm sure I was paying more attention to a baby bottle than the weather but it did not change so fast that I wouldn't know something about it. Princeton was darn hot when I was a kid and it's darn hot now. Merritt too.

Vernon is getting the same for the past week, but we really need and I am not complaining in the least, except for the coolness- carrots and beets are hardly moving, but the beans and cukes are starting to come on.

EagleSmack
*snicker*

EagleSmack
+1
#36  Top Rated Post
An 8 year old thread... and Canada STILL isn't doing anything.

petros
Yes. Some are panicking. That's something.

EagleSmack
The panic is real.

It is clear that Canada isn't doing anything about so called global warming.

See.