Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving


Twin_Moose
#61
A couple of pictures of the mine







 
Hoid
#62
When they get down to bullshit like this you know the argument is over.

Electric: cleaner,safer,faster,smarter
 
Decapoda
+2
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

When they get down to bullshit like this you know the argument is over.

Electric: cleaner,safer,faster,smarter

When "they" get down to saying the argument is over, you know it's bullshit.

Electricity production (US): coal (33%), natural gas (33%), nuclear (20%), and hydroelectric power (6%). Wind provided 4.7%, and Solar 0.6%
 
DaSleeper
+1
#64
The global warming religion...............
[youtube]5lvU-DislkI[/youtube]
 
pgs
+1
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

A couple of pictures of the mine







I bet that looks great on Gogoole earth.
 
Bar Sinister
#66
And then there is the Alberta tar sands.

 
pgs
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

And then there is the Alberta tar sands.

No such thing , why must you lie ? The picture made your point .
 
captain morgan
+1
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

And then there is the Alberta tar sands.

A major effort by Albertans in cleaning up a natural occurring situation.

... You're welcome
 
Hoid
#69
Here is the future as it is currently unfolding.

 
EagleSmack
+1
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

When they get down to bullshit like this you know the argument is over.

Electric: cleaner,safer,faster,smarter

Triggered eh?
 
petros
+1
#71
And by 2040 electric will still be less than 50% of vehicles.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

And then there is the Alberta tar sands.

Where are the iron, copper, aluminium and REE mines that are required to build a whirlygig?

Oh and where will the gear box oil come from?


IRON




COPPER



ALUMINIUM



REES



LITHIUM

Last edited by petros; Apr 4th, 2018 at 01:39 PM..
 
Hoid
#72
I wonder how much co2 is released by manufacturing batteries for gas engine cars?
 
petros
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I wonder how much co2 is released by manufacturing batteries for gas engine cars?

Quote:

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving http://forums.canadiancontent.net/cl...-releases.html

peckerhoid
 
Hoid
#74
I guess you would need to compare tesla battery production to Ford gas tank and engine production co2 release.

You know, if you were trying to make a logical sort of comparison
 
Twin_Moose
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

A major effort by Albertans in cleaning up a natural occurring situation.

... You're welcome

Yep the overburden replaced and full reclamation and replanted back to a virgin state, I wonder if China will do a full reclamation after?



 
captain morgan
+1
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I guess you would need to compare tesla battery production to Ford gas tank and engine production co2 release.

You know, if you were trying to make a logical sort of comparison

And in the grand scheme, Tesla's product produces more CO2.

... You were saying something about logic, were you?
 
Curious Cdn
#77
...and how much CO2 is released producing one of GMs famous pig iron V-8 engine blocks?
 
captain morgan
+1
#78
9... Exactly 9
 
Curious Cdn
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

9... Exactly 9

I thought as much!
 
captain morgan
#80
Don't like the answer?

Take a read of the OP article in this thread.

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving
 
Curious Cdn
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Don't like the answer?

Take a read of the OP article in this thread.

Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving

It says 8 years of "Driving", not how much carbon is released making a big, effing, cast-iron Buick power plant. Wouldn't that be more equivalent?
 
Hoid
#82
Yes the comparison is stupid.
 
captain morgan
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It says 8 years of "Driving", not how much carbon is released making a big, effing, cast-iron Buick power plant. Wouldn't that be more equivalent?

.. You do understand that all of the copper wire required for the motor, let alone the rare Earths mining required for the batteries also expend a great deal of GHGs to acquire from the ground (let alone the mfg process), right?
 
Curious Cdn
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

.. You do understand that all of the copper wire required for the motor, let alone the rare Earths mining required for the batteries also expend a great deal of GHGs to acquire from the ground (let alone the mfg process), right?

You do understand that a gasolene powered auto has copper windings in the alternator, starter motor, induction coil, fuel pump and of course, that big, honking copper mine of a radiator core, the computer that controls ignition, the other one that controls injection... none of which are required for a direct drive electric motor.

You do understand all of that, don't you?
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Apr 4th, 2018 at 10:46 PM..
 
captain morgan
#85
Gosh?... Really?

Whodda thunk it, eh?
 
Hoid
#86
Tesla motors use no rare earths.

This is why I have an ignore list.

I wish you would quit quoting this fake news source.
 
Bar Sinister
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

And by 2040 electric will still be less than 50% of vehicles.



Where are the iron, copper, aluminium and REE mines that are required to build a whirlygig?

Oh and where will the gear box oil come from?


IRON




COPPER



ALUMINIUM



REES



LITHIUM

Right - so you are supporting my point that all sorts of mining causes damage. Or perhaps you didn't get the point.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Here is the future as it is currently unfolding.

Careful You will upset those who do not understand that technology changes; especially when a better way of doing things comes along.

Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

When "they" get down to saying the argument is over, you know it's bullshit.

Electricity production (US): coal (33%), natural gas (33%), nuclear (20%), and hydroelectric power (6%). Wind provided 4.7%, and Solar 0.6%


I wonder what those statistics would have looked like in 1750.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Gosh?... Really?

Whodda thunk it, eh?

And yet...

The death of the internal combustion engine



https://www.economist.com/news/leade...ed-world-death