The Western Division CFL Grey Cup Team

Mowich

Hey, Hey! What did I say? It's our Riders all the way.

talloola
I was looking forward to henry burris in the grey cup, not really that interested now, but montreal should win it.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I was looking forward to henry burris in the grey cup, not really that interested now, but montreal should win it.

Sorry, talloola, but Darian simply wanted it more and his playing showed that.

EagleSmack
Ahhhhh...the Eastern Div has one half of the trophy and the Western Div has the other half.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Ahhhhh...the Eastern Div has one half of the trophy and the Western Div has the other half.

You got it, EagleSmack. Then, next week, with a touch of his magic wand the CFL commish turns them into this cup which the Riders will proudly carry back to Saskatchewan.

Mowich

Who loves you, Riders? I do!

Francis2004
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

You got it, EagleSmack. Then, next week, with a touch of his magic wand the CFL commish turns them into this cup which the Riders will proudly carry back to Saskatchewan.

Or Montreal will get to take back to their downtown for a parade..

Mowich
Fah, I say...fah! Montreal is going to be sooo overwhelmed by the Sea of Green and the thunderous roar that they will be traumatized for life.

Hazmart
WHHOOOOOHOOOOO!! Oh YA!
Seriously I loved seeing Burris get sacked! It was so satisfying!
My Favorite fan sign that they showed on TV was "Burris Go Start The Bus'
What an amazing game. I was a little worried there in the first quarter but did the boys in green ever come out shining!!

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazmart View Post

WHHOOOOOHOOOOO!! Oh YA!
Seriously I loved seeing Burris get sacked! It was so satisfying!
My Favorite fan sign that they showed on TV was "Burris Go Start The Bus'
What an amazing game. I was a little worried there in the first quarter but did the boys in green ever come out shining!!

Hell, Hazmart, I never worry in the first quarter unless they are doing well. Only kidding, of course, but our boys do tend to be the comeback kids, thus I sit back, enjoy the first three quarters then, depending on the score, spend the entire fourth quarter not trying to upchuck with the tension. I just love the Riders.

I remember a quote from Darian where he was talking about the game when they actually did come out and put points on the board in the first and second quarters. He said something to the effect that, he had been thinking maybe the team should be doing that instead of waiting until later in the game, mentioning the fact that it was a bit hard on some of the fans. My first thought was, 'what and deprive all of us aging boomers the delight of having a massive heart attack just as you win the game.'

I've always had a soft spot for Hank ever since he played for Sask, and forgave him long ago for going after the $$$. What I like about him the most is his willingness to help out younger QBs in the league. Our own Darian has been a recipient of his help and has stated so many times.

Ron in Regina
I think it's fitting that this Gray Cup Play-Off will take place in Calgary,
as that is the City with the most Saskatchewan (or former...) residents
in it. More than either Saskatoon or Regina. It'll be a sea of Green.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I think it's fitting that this Gray Cup Play-Off will take place in Calgary,
as that is the City with the most Saskatchewan (or former...) residents
in it. More than either Saskatoon or Regina. It'll be a sea of Green.

I'm just really happy the boys won't have to fly half way across the country to play. With Calgary right next door, so to speak, it will be an easy journey for them, depending of course on the weather and road conditions, oh gad I better stop now or I will worry about the bus too.

Seriously though, I believe I will be able to feel the electricity in the air and smell the adrenalin from waaaaaaaaay out here! Will be watching the game with a Montreal fan, a Calgary fan, and myself included, two Rider fans. Should make for some interesting comments during the game.

Francis2004
To Hazmart, Ron and Mowich.. There are probably as many, if not more Montrealers, in Calgary then from any other city combined from the exodus in the late 70 / 80's. They are just too scared to be honest enough to show their real colours..

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Francis2004 View Post

To Hazmart, Ron and Mowich.. There are probably as many, if not more Montrealers, in Calgary then from any other city combined from the exodus in the late 70 / 80's. They are just too scared to be honest enough to show their real colours..

Well now that's a darn shame. They should come out into the light and shine for their team. Isn't that what being a 'fan' is all about???