Winter Olympics 2018's threaten

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

[youtube]jucYCRhy2wA[/youtube]

i would have looked at the video for research purposes.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Hoid
Russian (of course) curler fails drug test.

They were first tipped off when he started throwing over hand.

Johnnny
Go Canada!

Yay!

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

i would have looked at the video for research purposes.

Had you been watching the event live, spammie - you wouldn't need the video. Must say I was a bit shocked to see the French skater's nipple poking out of her costume several times but that last shot when she bent over backwards was really quite shocking. Why the judges didn't pick up on it is really puzzling as costume difficulties in the past have been given a demerit for the skater. Apparently the very same thing happened with the same costume in another event which left me wondering why the problem wasn't fixed back then. Horribly embarrassing for the French skater but she handled it well.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Had you been watching the event live, spammie - you wouldn't need the video. Must say I was a bit shocked to see the French skater's nipple poking out of her costume several times but that last shot when she bent over backwards was really quite shocking. Why the judges didn't pick up on it is really puzzling as costume difficulties in the past have been given a demerit for the skater. Apparently the very same thing happened with the same costume in another event which left me wondering why the problem wasn't fixed back then. Horribly embarrassing for the French skater but she handled it well.

Guess I must be naive cause I thought those girls wore athletic bras which kept their anatomy covered. Not that the exposure was any big deal as male divers, swimmers, and water polo players expose far more skin than any female does.

✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

I just watched the USA lose to Czech Republic in hockey OT. My Yanks were too puny, unassertive, would not charge the goal, and took weak shots.

{sigh}

Blackleaf
Russia vs Norway in ice hockey is live on BBC One. It's just utter carnage out there. There don't seem to be any team formations and I can't even see the object they're whacking about. What's going on?

Great Britain's women are through to the curling Semi-Finals after beating Canada 6-5.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Russia vs Norway in ice hockey is live on BBC One. It's just utter carnage out there. There don't seem to be any team formations and I can't even see the object they're whacking about. What's going on?.

The love each other, so.

gopher
am watching USA-Canada womens hockey =we're down 2-1 ATM in the 2d period but I got my fingers crossed

gopher
+2
✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

We win! USA wins Gold in shoot out!!

Lady pucksters by 3-2.

Earlier, I was deeply disappointed when Lindsey Vonn lost in downhill/slalom combo. But this sure cheered me up. I saw some Canadian fans applauding when we won - thanks to those fans for showing such class.

Kreskin
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

Lady pucksters by 3-2.

Earlier, I was deeply disappointed when Lindsey Vonn lost in downhill/slalom combo. But this sure cheered me up. I saw some Canadian fans applauding when we won - thanks to those fans for showing such class.

US got a well deserved win. Congrats.

OmegaOm
+2
Very good game Gopher. Every time these two teams meet its a great game.
I didnt know you are american, and why an american is on a Canadian content forum.
I do not mean any offence, just that its a rare thing to have an american deeply in a Canadian forum.
You must have a deep interest in Canada.
You to Keskin.
Americans even here.

I thought Canada owned whole game until USA ties with 6 min to go. Then it was all USA.
Great game, I was silently hoping for overtime so I could watch more.

Judging by the lack of replies about the game, I assume most here did not watch it. Too bad you missed some really good hockey.

EagleSmack
*snicker*

Curious Cdn
+1

✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

Lady pucksters by 3-2.

It had to happen some year, I suppose. I guess that it helps make up for the USA having an otherwise dismal Olympics.

See you in the men's hockey final?

No?

EagleSmack
*snicker*

More please

Mowich
+1
Congrats to the US ladies for a well fought game.

Curious Cdn
+1
"fought" is the operative word for this every four years blood feud.

EagleSmack
+1
Canadian Peoplekind Hockey Team

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"fought" is the operative word for this every four years blood feud.

Which this year included a broken nose and two huge black eyes for one of our ladies for which NO penalty was called in their first confrontation.

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Which this year included a broken nose and two huge black eyes for one of our ladies for which NO penalty was called in their first confrontation.

If the Russians had made it into the finals, they'd be checking them all for "Y" chromosones.

gopher

It had to happen some year, I suppose. I guess that it helps make up for the USA having an otherwise dismal Olympics.

No?

Mebbe some day your CFL will challenge our NFL to a match to see who has the better brand of football.

Quote:

Omega Om

Very good game Gopher.

Thanks! I am proud of our girls, several of whom are from Gopherland.

Quote:

Every time these two teams meet its a great game.
I didnt know you are american, and why an american is on a Canadian content forum.
I do not mean any offence, just that its a rare thing to have an american deeply in a Canadian forum.
You must have a deep interest in Canada.

I was introduced to the site by Ocean Breeze - that was a long time ago when this was still the friendliest site online. Aside from hockey, Sgt Preston & Yukon King, Alice Munro, Joni Mitchell, poutine, and Canadian pro wrestling greats, I confess to knowing very little about Canada. Regret I never traveled there.

Mowich
+1

I was introduced to the site by Ocean Breeze - that was a long time ago when this was still the friendliest site online. Aside from hockey, Sgt Preston & Yukon King, Alice Munro, Joni Mitchell, poutine, and Canadian pro wrestling greats, I confess to knowing very little about Canada. Regret I never traveled there.

Well you are welcome to come visit anytime gopher.

Canada's current medal count is: 10 Gold, 8 Silver and 8 Bronze for a total of 26 .......so far. Not bad for our little country.

Mowich
Canada currently sitting in second spot in the overall medal count with: 11 Gold 8 Silver and 9 Bronze.

gopher
USA is in 4th place in the medal count ATM - very disappointing news to me as we have a great many winter sports facilities and athletes and should be predominant in many more sports.

Blackleaf
+1
Winter Olympics: Billy Morgan wins Great Britain's record fifth medal in Pyeongchang

BBC Sport
24 February 2018

Winter Olympics: GB's Billy Morgan seals historic big air bronze

Billy Morgan won bronze in the men's snowboarding big air to secure Great Britain their highest medal tally in Winter Olympics history.

The medal for Morgan, 28, is Team GB's fifth in Pyeongchang, taking them past the four medals won in 1924 and 2014.

It follows a skeleton gold for Lizzy Yarnold as well as bronze medals for Dom Parsons, Laura Deas and Izzy Atkin.

Canada's Sebastien Toutant won gold with a score of 174.25 while United States' Kyle Mack took silver.

Morgan fell on his first jump but responded with 82.50 on run two and 85.50 on his final run - after landing a front-side 1440 triple with mute and tail-grab, which he had never succeeded in doing in competition before.

He becomes the first British man to win a Winter Olympic medal on snow and only the third Briton after Jenny Jones and Izzy Atkin.

"I can't believe it. I didn't think I'd make the podium and I was just stoked to make the final," he told BBC Sport.

"I just wanted to put a show down and I was worried after the first jump that I wasn't going to land anything but managed to land my next two jumps and walked away with a medal."

Winter Olympics: Billy Morgan wins Great Britain's record fifth medal in Pyeongchang - BBC Sport

EagleSmack

No?

No.

*snicker*

Mowich
+2
I am really happy that Team USA won the Gold Medal in curling. I've watched John Shuster in numerous events over the years as he evolved from a slightly pudgy and testy skip into the much slimmer and more controlled man he is today. The team was tested often during the various draws they played but they stayed the course and came through when the game was on the line. Tyler George, John's second was lights out during many of the draws and a huge help to John.

Well done Team USA...............enjoy your Gold guys.

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Winter Olympics: Billy Morgan wins Great Britain's record fifth medal in Pyeongchang

Canada's Sebastien Toutant won gold with a score of 174.25

28!!!

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

28!!!

Nice. The Canadian men's hockey team added to the medal count with a Bronze in their game against the Czechs............nice comeback guys. Congratulations one and all.

petros
The lack of NHL players shows.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The lack of NHL players shows.

The Canadians, Czechs, Russians, Americans, Swedes and Finns all suffered a "Gary Bettman".