Zionist Control of US Policy


Stretch
#1
January 17, 2009

Zionist Control of US Policy


Source

I was recently asked to answer the following question: In the original post there is mention of Israel controlling US policy. How exactly does that work?

The short answer is this: A highly influential and extremely well bankrolled collection of groups directs energy simultaneously in a number of directions: Political, media, academic, inter-faith, and other areas, in order to create consent for Israel's policies and to sway politicians to support those policies. The rest of this article examines this process in greater detail, primarily through the words of academics who have studied it for years.

To my mind, Israel's actions, and the extent to which they are enabled by the power of the Zionist lobby is -- or at least should be -- the central moral question confronting Jewish people worldwide, and especially in the US.

To the extent that it isn't, is the clearest indication of the moral degeneration, and ironically, the existential purposelessness which Zionism -- as an answer -- has provided to the Jewish people.

Israel's actions should be of equal concern to any human concerned with Justice and minimizing human suffering, especially Americans and Europeans whose governments support these unjust and genocidal polices, which potentially threaten to escalate and consume the entire world

MORE........ Atheo News: Zionist Control of US Policy
 
darkbeaver
#2
The prime mover of TWOT (the war on terrorism) is Zionism. The ultimate target is Islamic banking. As long as Zionists have a stranglehold on western economies through central private banks, nothing will get anything but worse.
 
Cannuck
#3
"Certain individuals and groups have used the term "Zionism" as a pejorative to justify attacks on Jews. According to historians Walter Laqueur, Howard Sachar and Jack Fishel among others, the label "Zionist" is in some cases also used as a euphemism for Jews in general by apologists for antisemitism."
 
darkbeaver
#4
What's anti-semitism?
 
L Gilbert
#5
from Princeton U.:
Anti-semitism -
the intense dislike for and prejudice against Jewish people
 
darkbeaver
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

from Princeton U.:
Anti-semitism -
the intense dislike for and prejudice against Jewish people

What is a Jewish people?
 
Nuggler
#7
Doesn't the term 'semetic' encompass both Jews and Arabs?

Offshoots of the same tribe eons ago yadda yadda yadda.

?
 
darkbeaver
#8
Well Jew is a member of a religion and Arab is a member of a cultural subgroup so no semetic does not cover both.
 
darkbeaver
#9
I could be a Chinese Jew without being a semite.
 
gopher
+1
#10  Top Rated Post
To say that the word ''zionist'' is anti-Jew shows the unending ignorance of the far right because it is precisely the term used by Tel Aviv government to describe itself.
 
gopher
+1
#11
Here's all the proof you need to show that the Zionists control the government as Olmert ordered Bush to leave a conference in order to speak to him on the phone and to change a UN vote:

Think Progress » After Receiving Phone Call From Olmert, Bush Ordered Rice To Abstain On Gaza Ceasefire Resolution


Bush is Olmert's lap dog!
 
L Gilbert
#12
Evewryone is a Zionist.
 
gopher
+1
#13
sez who???????//

 
L Gilbert
#14
In essence.
 
Colpy
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Here's all the proof you need to show that the Zionists control the government as Olmert ordered Bush to leave a conference in order to speak to him on the phone and to change a UN vote:

Think Progress » After Receiving Phone Call From Olmert, Bush Ordered Rice To Abstain On Gaza Ceasefire Resolution


Bush is Olmert's lap dog!

Oh Gimme a break!

Olmert hardly has any influence in Israel, much less Washington.

My guess is that Olmert offered to do the unilateral ceasefire in so many days.......bargaining for time.

This stuff is simply idiotic.....and perhaps you could explain why Bush et al have refused repeatedly (and unwisely) to support an Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites?

Broken puppet strings?
 
darkbeaver
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Evewryone is a Zionist.

I could be a Zionist Chinese Canadian Jew from Vancover.
 
Nuggler
#17
"The term Semite means a member of any of various ancient and modern people originating in southwestern Asia, including Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Arabs, and Ethiopian Semites. It was proposed at first to refer to the languages related to Hebrew by Ludwig Schlözer, in Eichhorn's "Repertorium", vol. VIII (Leipzig, 1781), p. 161. Through Eichhorn the name then came into general usage (cf. his "Einleitung in das Alte Testament" (Leipzig, 1787), I, p. 45. In his "Gesch. der neuen Sprachenkunde", pt. I (Göttingen, 1807) it had already become a fixed technical term.["


Sorry, I should have said Hebrew instead of Jew. ............most sorryiest ever.

So when we refer to semites we really should clarify if we mean Hebrews (Jews, ?)
or Arabs.

or not. I don't care really.

 
Scott Free
#18
Anti Jewish sentiment was extremely high in the USA and Truman agreed to the state of Israel only to "save lives" which he then immediately doubted had succeeded. He did so fearing he would lose votes (because of being seen as going after them) and fearing the Arab world would disrupt the American business interests. Truman had previously refused to help the Jewish people in this matter and acted only when he really felt his back was against a wall (or more accurately the Jews backs were against the sea). So it is my opinion that this single pledge and acknowledgement of Israel on Truman's part is why the US favours Israel so much. Support of Israel isn't in their best interest and never was. During the cold war the Americans wanted to keep the USSR out. The USA always feared Israel might become communist which is why they vehemently opposed Zionism after WWI. Today the US has a foreign policy designed around Israel that presumes Arab hostility so it is easier to support Israel than not.

It should be noted too that had Truman denied support for a Jewish state he might have been overwhelmed by Jewish refugees, which given the sentiment toward Jews in the USA, would have been political suicide.

"Americans don't like Jews much better than Nazis." - Fortune Magazine referring to a pole it commissioned in the 30's.
Last edited by Scott Free; Jan 19th, 2009 at 06:14 AM..
 
Colpy
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

Anti Jewish sentiment was extremely high in the USA and Truman agreed to the state of Israel only to "save lives" which he then immediately doubted had succeeded. He did so fearing he would lose votes (because of being seen as going after them) and fearing the Arab world would disrupt the American business interests. Truman had previously refused to help the Jewish people in this matter and acted only when he really felt his back was against a wall (or more accurately the Jews backs were against the sea). So it is my opinion that this single pledge and acknowledgement of Israel on Truman's part is why the US favours Israel so much. Support of Israel isn't in their best interest and never was. During the cold war the Americans wanted to keep the USSR out. The USA always feared Israel might become communist which is why they vehemently opposed Zionism after WWI. Today the US has a foreign policy designed around Israel that presumes Arab hostility so it is easier to support Israel than not.

It should be noted too that had Truman denied support for a Jewish state he might have been overwhelmed by Jewish refugees, which given the sentiment toward Jews in the USA, would have been political suicide.

"Americans don't like Jews much better than Nazis." - Fortune Magazine referring to a pole it commissioned in the 30's.

An interesting analysis IMHO. Although I'm now gonna try and tear it apart.......


I doubt the USA would have been "overwhelmed" by Jewish refugees, as they could have done the same as Canada, and simply refused to take them in.....with the full compliance of the general population.

You are dead on that the USA used Israel as a counter to Soviet presence in the ME during the Cold War.

But I think you missed the reason for continued American support for Israel, which is, let's face it, very ofter counter-productive to American interest in the region.......I think there are four basic reasons for it:

1. History: the Jewish state used to be the darling of the progressives with the Kibbutz and the powerful Labour party and the fact so many were persecuted by the Nazis, and they were seen as the underdog........I remember the awe, the admiration, the glee at Israeli success in the Six Day War.........little Israel, nation of a devasted ethnic group, the 99 pound guy that was always beaten up, kicks the bully-boy (Egypt) in the kneecaps, and when the bully's buddies come to save him, little Israel pounds the bejesus out of all comers, in very little time....truth or not, that is the "inspiring" vision most Americans had at the time.

2. Ideology: the Jewish state is seen as being "one of us" with a working constitution, a viable robust democratic tradition, a dedication to western values.........they are seen as a natural ally surrounded by vicious Arab despots, the best of which is an actual King, fer God's sake.......worthy of our aid.......

3. Militarily: A dependable foothold in a strategic position. Very strategiic.

4. As Israel was the baby of the intellectual moderate left, it is now the baby of the religious right.......how could any good bible-thumper, be anti-Israel????? Especially one who sees the current clash between Islamo-fascists and the West on purely theological terms, throw in the "God's Chosen People" aspect, WOW! Powerful stuff in avery religious nation ...... It is not the Jewish lobby that influences US policy in this regard nearly as much as it is the Christian lobby.....
 
lone wolf
#20
Do you have a problem separating Church from State?
 
tracy
#21
I couldn't agree with you more Colpy.#2, #3 and #4 are a draw to both the liberal and conservative people here, and to both men and women (men on the security issue, women because of women's rights there compared to Arab countries).
 
tracy
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Do you have a problem separating Church from State?

You can separate church from state all you want. Many of the people who work for the state are church goers and the values and beliefs they profess Sunday don't leave them Monday morning. Plus, people are allowed to vote for any reason they choose.
 
lone wolf
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by tracy View Post

You can separate church from state all you want. Many of the people who work for the state are church goers and the values and beliefs they profess Sunday don't leave them Monday morning. Plus, people are allowed to vote for any reason they choose.

Yeah, yeah, and you have Mafia dons being good Church people on Sundays too. Your point is?...
 
tracy
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Yeah, yeah, and you have Mafia dons being good Church people on Sundays too. Your point is?...

My point is separating church and state doesn't mean the church has no influence on state affairs. They influence their followers daily activities, including how they run their government.
 
Zzarchov
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Yeah, yeah, and you have Mafia dons being good Church people on Sundays too. Your point is?...

I should point out in Canada there is no seperation.

Our head of state is the head of the Anglican church and our charter rights are granted to us by God.

Just so you know.
 
lone wolf
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by tracy View Post

My point is separating church and state doesn't mean the church has no influence on state affairs. They influence their followers daily activities, including how they run their government.

Influence is one thing. Control is another. When religion runs the show you run the danger of a nation believing it is God.
 
lone wolf
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zzarchov View Post

I should point out in Canada there is no seperation.

Our head of state is the head of the Anglican church and our charter rights are granted to us by God.

Just so you know.

How much power does the Queen of England exert?... and granted by God are just pretty words in a country that doesn't allow God in its schools.

Topic is control of US policy....

Just the reality....
Last edited by lone wolf; Jan 19th, 2009 at 12:04 PM..
 
earth_as_one
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

An interesting analysis IMHO. Although I'm now gonna try and tear it apart.......


I doubt the USA would have been "overwhelmed" by Jewish refugees, as they could have done the same as Canada, and simply refused to take them in.....with the full compliance of the general population.

You are dead on that the USA used Israel as a counter to Soviet presence in the ME during the Cold War.

But I think you missed the reason for continued American support for Israel, which is, let's face it, very ofter counter-productive to American interest in the region.......I think there are four basic reasons for it:

1. History: the Jewish state used to be the darling of the progressives with the Kibbutz and the powerful Labour party and the fact so many were persecuted by the Nazis, and they were seen as the underdog........I remember the awe, the admiration, the glee at Israeli success in the Six Day War.........little Israel, nation of a devasted ethnic group, the 99 pound guy that was always beaten up, kicks the bully-boy (Egypt) in the kneecaps, and when the bully's buddies come to save him, little Israel pounds the bejesus out of all comers, in very little time....truth or not, that is the "inspiring" vision most Americans had at the time.

2. Ideology: the Jewish state is seen as being "one of us" with a working constitution, a viable robust democratic tradition, a dedication to western values.........they are seen as a natural ally surrounded by vicious Arab despots, the best of which is an actual King, fer God's sake.......worthy of our aid.......

3. Militarily: A dependable foothold in a strategic position. Very strategiic.

4. As Israel was the baby of the intellectual moderate left, it is now the baby of the religious right.......how could any good bible-thumper, be anti-Israel????? Especially one who sees the current clash between Islamo-fascists and the West on purely theological terms, throw in the "God's Chosen People" aspect, WOW! Powerful stuff in avery religious nation ...... It is not the Jewish lobby that influences US policy in this regard nearly as much as it is the Christian lobby.....

Canada should have welcomed the Jewish refugees fleeing Europe and then dispersed them evenly across the country. Its shameful that we used to be so anti-Semitic.

1) Israel won the 1967 war by striking their adversaries without warning and effectively taking out their combined airforces and out flanking their ground troops in multiple simultaneous Pearl harbor like attacks. The war was effectively over the first day. All's fair in love and war right? But Israel can expect their adversaries will behave the same one day especially when it comes to stuff like these 1967 war crimes:
Mass Graves.

Israel's military was about half the combined strength of their adversaries. But their military was better led, trained and equipped. Their adversaries were disorganized, poorly led and equipped. The element of surprise was probably the deciding factor. Given the events leading up to the war, Israel's sudden attack should have been expected.

2) I guess Canada does have some disturbing parallels with Israel. We also have different categories of rights for different people, although not as extreme as Israel or for the same purpose. First Nations people have more rights than other Canadians, but that's due to treaties and agreements which led to Canada's creation. We also took lands by force and practiced ethnic cleansing. But that's old history and we've since moved on to paying compensation and settling disputes peacefully. Hopefully Israel will also evolve to this point one day.

3) What exactly are the strategic benefits of supporting Israel? You make that statement like its a fact, yet you fail to provide examples of any benefits.

Israel costs the US multiple billions a year in American military and economic support for Israel, as well as billions more in annual bribes to Egypt and Jordan to maintain the peace.

If any of the pro-Israel Arab dictatorships including Jordan ever became true democracies, the people would demand justice and freedom for Palestinians, break ties with Israel and eventually start a war which would would end in a nuclear holocaust and Israel's destruction.

If Israel fell into the hands of their adversaries, how would that affect the security of Europe, Canada, or the US? Israel's existance creates security and economic problems for Canada, the US and Europe.

Now that said, I don't support Israel being taken over by their adversaries. It would result in a huge humanitarian catastrophe. Their adversaries would likely be merciless and take out decades of anger on Israeli civilians. That's probably Israel's longterm fate, but I don't wish such things on anyone. When the inevitable happens, I hope Canada will not turn their backs on Jewish refugees like we did in the past. That would be disgraceful.

But please explain the benefits to Israel to Canada or the West. Something which would justify our "unshakeable" support for their leader's "measured" responses and billions in military and economic support. Seems to me Israel's existance creates more problems than it solves.

4) Please feel free to worship whoever or whatever you want. But as an agnostic infidel, I find religious excuses to justify commiting war crimes and crimes against humanity particularly repugnant. As a result of relgious beliefs (Zionism) which led to Israel's creation, 4.6 million people live as nationless refugees without rights permanently dependent on humanitarian relief. Zionist ethnic cleansing cannot be justified by any Christian or Jewish scripture. In fact Zionism has created and perpetuates an ongoing humanitarian catastrophe of biblical proportions.
 
Tyr
#29
I doubt the USA would have been "overwhelmed" by Jewish refugees, as they could have done the same as Canada, and simply refused to take them in.....with the full compliance of the general population.

which they are within their rights to do so.
 
Zzarchov
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post


2) I guess Canada does have some disturbing parallels with Israel. We also have different categories of rights for different people, although not as extreme as Israel or for the same purpose. First Nations people have more rights than other Canadians, but that's due to treaties and agreements which led to Canada's creation. We also took lands by force and practiced ethnic cleansing. But that's old history and we've since moved on to paying compensation and settling disputes peacefully. Hopefully Israel will also evolve to this point one day.

Lets go over this.

1.) Its actually more recent history than Israel in many cases.
2.) They are not treated better, many reserves are far worse off than Gaza during the blockade which you called a warcrime. Well more than 20% of Gazans had potable water in the worst of times.

3.)We also only settle disputes peacefully when we aren't shot at, and even then its not settling a dispute through consensus, its us deciding how things will be settled.

Israel by comparison has done more than token gestures, already haven offered independance and given back a majority of total land in exchange for peace with Egypt.

I don't see anything to that magnitude in any North American nation.

Unrelated to this Topic: In any war with Israel that Jordan and Egypt would try, it would end up worse than the last times they tried it, its just giving more land to Israel.

You also don't grasp that the "nuclear holocaust" would not cause Israel to be over run, best case scenario for the attackers would be MAD, in which there would be nobody in the middle east of any faith. Realistically if Israel lost ties with the USA, it would just make a crapload with its own arms industry supplying rogue states, and if that failed, probably crumble as a democracy and whipe out the neighbouring hostile nations. Its generally a bad idea to try and crush a nuclear armed nation, thats why people propped up Russia after the cold war.
 

Similar Threads

32
Jews against Zionist
by aeon | Jul 31st, 2019
22
Zionist Power Scorecard 2008
by darkbeaver | Feb 28th, 2008
7
14
Zionist Appeasement
by darkbeaver | Feb 13th, 2007