"Albertans Against the NDP" movement growing as oil and gas industry crisis continues


B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#1
"Albertans Against the NDP" movement growing as oil and gas industry crisis continues

The Albertans Against the NDP were on the road again and this time they hit Calgary and Lloydminster.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYcXqlOM4QQ

I caught up with the crowd at the Calgary Municipal Centre and arrived to loud cheers and honks from passing by traffic. Tim Moen, leader of the Libertarian Party of Canada was also in attendance and had an important message about our oil and gas industry here in Alberta.

There were also a few unwelcome guests, but that didn’t stop supporters from speaking their minds and standing up for Alberta!

Rebel.Media's Sheila Gunn Reid attended the Lloydminster event, where she caught up with organizer, Drew Lake and also Shannon Stubbs – Member of Parliament for Lakeland.

The Albertans Against the NDP are planning their next rally in Red Deer.

source: "Albertans Against the NDP" movement growing as oil and gas industry crisis continues - The Rebel

/////////////////////////////////////

I guess there is no way in Canada to remove a Provincially elected government?
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
#2
The time to be against them was before the last election.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

The time to be against them was before the last election.

Implement Recall Legislation for the Alberta Legislature

Politics in Alberta have taken an unanticipated turn during the recent election. A traditionally right wing (Fiscal and Social Conservative) province radically altered our direction by electing the New Democratic Party (NDP).

The NDP have been met with challenges* that they are not prepared to deal with, while failing to address conflicts of interest within their caucus**. Out of control spending *** shows that Alberta may have made a mistake in the last election.

I propose the Alberta government draft and pass "Recall Legislation", that would permit Alberta residents to request an individual, or party prove they still retain the support of the Alberta voting majority.

This would allow a governing party to prove

without a doubt they still represent their voter's wishes
they hold the confidence of the province in the direction the government is pursuing
In addition, it would ensure that the governing party does not get a 4 year "free reign" as a majority, without being held to account for decisions. I propose a majority (50%+1) of voters of the affected riding by way of petition, to permit this direction. A by-election would then be triggered.

Recall legislation would benefit current and future voting citizens by providing an avenue to demand the Party/MLA, whether it be NDP, PC, ABP, Wildrose, Liberal or Independent, prove they have the full support of the citizens they are representing.

* depressed oil prices
** hiring an anti-pipeline activist as the Chief of Staff of the Energy Minister portfolio
*** no budget tabled or available, but $6bn in spending in Q2 of 2015
Last edited by B00Mer; Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:14 AM..
 
TenPenny
+5
#4  Top Rated Post
So, you're saying that because Albertans didn't vote the way you think they should have, recall legislation should be brought in?


Is your peepee that sore? Get over it.


The economy is Alberta is hurting because OPEC wants to hurt North America's oil industry. Even if Harper gave you a BJ, nothing would change.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

So, you're saying that because Albertans didn't vote the way you think they should have, recall legislation should be brought in?

Whatever, whatever... 9,677 needed to reach 35,000

Notley calls Alberta "the embarrassing cousin no one wants to talk about"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=unXTXzVi4bE
 
mentalfloss
#6
Tenpenny: Is your peepee sore?
 
petros
#7
Is your schlort sore?
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Tenpenny: Is your peepee sore?

His is spewing out some green shjt, it's so sore.

ANOTHER cancelled Alberta project: $1.6B Sundance 7 plant postponed "until the next decade"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJO4IcTElp0

Sundance 7 is a high efficiency, low emission natural gas electricity generating plant and a two-year, $1.6 billion construction project.

Or at least, it would have been.

It was canceled on October 30, just after that NDP attack budget came out. TransAlta reacted to the budget just like Shell, MEG and Husky did.

TransAlta cites the uncertainty around provincial climate change policies as one of the contributing factors.

But there's a sliver of hope:

Sundance 7 is parked on the shelf until the next decade. The next decade means the next government, just after the NDP is voted out and into obscurity.
 
petros
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post


The economy is Alberta is hurting because OPEC wants to hurt North America's oil industry. Even if Harper gave you a BJ, nothing would change.

And Obama is f-cking us just as hard.

Here comes Jennifer.
 
DaSleeper
#10
The leftoids are in denial again?? still??
 
petros
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

His is spewing out some green shjt, it's so sore.

ANOTHER cancelled Alberta project: $1.6B Sundance 7 plant postponed "until the next decade"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJO4IcTElp0

Sundance 7 is a high efficiency, low emission natural gas electricity generating plant and a two-year, $1.6 billion construction project.

Or at least, it would have been.

It was canceled on October 30, just after that NDP attack budget came out. TransAlta reacted to the budget just like Shell, MEG and Husky did.

TransAlta cites the uncertainty around provincial climate change policies as one of the contributing factors.
But there's a sliver of hope:

Sundance 7 is parked on the shelf until the next decade. The next decade means the next government, just after the NDP is voted out and into obscurity.

tisk tisk tisk...no peak plants = no green energy
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

tisk tisk tisk...no peak plants = no green energy

 
Glacier
No Party Affiliation
#13
I'm not an NDP supporter, but they should be allowed to govern for the entire length of their term unless they do stuff highly illegal. Yes, it will screw the province to have them in for 4 years, but they were elected fair and square, so let them govern as is their right. It's not like their policies will permanently damage the province. Damaging policies can be undone by the next government.

Instead of going for recall, the best approach over the next 4 years is to get the ear of the NDP government so that they will government pragmatically.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
#14
Democracy works in Interesting ways...

Look how France got rid if their elitists.
 
DaSleeper
+3
#15
They just have to rethink their ideology and throw it out the window.....
 
MHz
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Democracy works in Interesting ways...

Look how France got rid if their elitists.

You spelled Iceland wrong.
 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post


I guess there is no way in Canada to remove a Provincially elected government?

In a minority situation there is. This isnt a minority though. You'd need quite a few members of the NDP caucus to cross the floor for a non confidence motion to be successful. I dont see that happening. Not in Alberta or anywhere else with a majority government.

This group is wasting their time. There is nothing they or anyone else can do until the next election.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post


I propose the Alberta government draft and pass "Recall Legislation", that would permit Alberta residents to request an individual, or party prove they still retain the support of the Alberta voting majority.

This would allow a governing party to prove

without a doubt they still represent their voter's wishes
they hold the confidence of the province in the direction the government is pursuing

Thats what elections are for. You vote people in. If you dont like what they do you vote them out at the next election. If you get buyers remorse part way through - well thats just too bad. And yes, Id still be saying this no matter which party it was.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You spelled Iceland wrong.

France.

 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post


Look how France got rid if their elitists.

Only to replace them with new elitists within a decade.
 
AnnaG
#20
Poor AB.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Thats what elections are for. You vote people in. If you dont like what they do you vote them out at the next election. If you get buyers remorse part way through - well thats just too bad. And yes, Id still be saying this no matter which party it was.

To bad, Alberta will join the ranks of the Have Not Provinces by the time the NDP is finished with her.
 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

France.

Yeah, kill the king and aristocracy. Then five years later get an Emperor and military dictatorship. Then ten years after that the family they beheaded was back in power again. So it didnt really work.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

To bad, Alberta will join the ranks of the Have Not Provinces by the time the NDP is finished with her.

If that happens its their own fault. The NDP didnt seize power. It was handed to them by the electorate.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

If that happens its their own fault. The NDP didnt seize power. It was handed to them by the electorate.

Would you invest in Alberta?

I mean watching the "Capital Strike" to the tune of 20 Billion leaving Alberta, it's sad to see people lose their jobs and all...
 
Corduroy
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I propose a majority (50%+1) of voters of the affected riding by way of petition, to permit this direction. A by-election would then be triggered.

Few elected officials actually get over 50% of the vote in their ridings in Canada. After an election, most of the seats in any legislature could potentially be in danger of a recall. The resulting by-election could re-elect the same official or elect another with less than 50% motivating yet another recall campaign. But it would still be a challenge to convince people to recall an MP or MLA so early even if they voted against them.

If you could get 50% of the electorate to sign the petition, it would be an impressive enough feat and call into question a government's legitimacy. There wouldn't be much getting around it.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Few elected officials actually get over 50% of the vote in their ridings in Canada. After an election, most of the seats in any legislature could potentially be in danger of a recall. The resulting by-election could re-elect the same official or elect another with less than 50% motivating yet another recall campaign. But it would still be a challenge to convince people to recall an MP or MLA so early even if they voted against them.

If you could get 50% of the electorate to sign the petition, it would be an impressive enough feat and call into question a government's legitimacy. There wouldn't be much getting around it.

That's sounds like a lot of work...

Just to clarify that petition is not mine, just figured the link would help it get a few more signatures. I would be interesting to see if anything comes of the petition.
 
Corduroy
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

That's sounds like a lot of work...

Yeah man, democracy's a bummer.
 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Would you invest in Alberta?

I mean watching the "Capital Strike" to the tune of 20 Billion leaving Alberta, it's sad to see people lose their jobs and all...

Nope, but I wouldnt be investing there regardless of which party was in power there. A lot of those jobs would be leaving either way. The government has 0 control on global oil prices.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Just to clarify that petition is not mine, just figured the link would help it get a few more signatures. I would be interesting to see if anything comes of the petition.

Nothing will. Every voter could sign it and it wouldnt make a difference. The government doesnt have to recognize it or do anything in it. Cant do a damn thing til the next election.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#28
How dare those NDP Socialists lower the world price of petroleum, like that! Ralph Klein would never have allowed that to happen!
 
DaSleeper
+1
#29
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Nope..

I want the WildRose in power.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGMkSOm7Mg
 

Similar Threads

4
47
Iranian Movement of "Martyrdom Seekers"
by bulldog | Jul 15th, 2005