It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!


petros
#211
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Those herbicides used does minimal damage to wildlife actually strengthen plants around fields and sloughs.

Are we talking the same thing?

Pesticide is for bugs, herbicide for weeds.
 
Twin_Moose
#212
I always understood fusarium fell under the herbicide umbrella, for disease treatment not raid bug spray, I've debated spraying barley blight in the past but could never get past the price compared to loss.
Last edited by Twin_Moose; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 01:34 PM..
 
petros
#213
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I Only claimed to be a reasonable thinker. You fuks are the so called 'experts' yet you are full of opinion and zero facts. WTHell would you think I would ever be intimidated by that kind of horseshit??
https://patents.google.com/patent/US8219271
Method for controlling a drivetrain for a hybrid vehicle
Abstract

A method for controlling a drivetrain for a hybrid vehicle is provided. The drivetrain has at least one internal combustion engine, a torque converter and an operational link to at least one drivable axle, an electrical energy store, and an electrical machine, which is usable as a generator for charging the electrical energy store during a recuperation operation. The electrical machine is provided on the pump wheel and the operational link being provided on the turbine wheel of the torque converter. A torque is introduced from the drivable axle via the operational link and through the turbine wheel into the liquid of the torque converter in recuperation operation in order to be dissipated as heat.
Images (2)

Classifications

B60W20/00 Control systems specially adapted for hybrid vehicles
View 12 more classifications
US8219271B2
United States

Download PDF Find Prior Art Similar
InventorMarco Fleckner Current Assignee Porsche SE Worldwide applications
2007 DE 2008 US JP
Application US12/138,360 events
2007-06-27
Priority to DE102007029809.0
2008-06-12
Application filed by Porsche SE
2009-01-01
Publication of US20090005925A1
2012-07-10
Publication of US8219271B2
2012-07-10
Application granted
2019-09-23
Application status is Active
2031-03-12
Adjusted expiration
Show all events
InfoPatent citations (12) Non-patent citations (2) Cited by (4) Legal events Similar documents Priority and Related ApplicationsExternal linksUSPTO USPTO Assignment Espacenet Global Dossier Discuss
Description

CROSS-REFERENCE TO RELATED APPLICATION This application claims the priority of German Application No. 10 2007 029 809.0, filed Jun. 27, 2007, the disclosure of which is expressly incorporated by reference herein.
BACKGROUND AND SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION The present invention relates to a method for controlling a drivetrain for a hybrid vehicle.
Hybrid vehicles typically have an internal combustion engine and at least one electrical machine. The electrical machine is either provided as a generator for charging an electrical energy store, and/or as a motor, for at least an auxiliary drive of the hybrid vehicle. Both are also frequently provided, in that sometimes the electrical energy store is charged and it is then used at other times for the electrical drive of the hybrid vehicle.
Furthermore, modern vehicles having automatic transmissions, i.e., typically also hybrid vehicles, usually have a torque converter. A liquid such as oil or water, inter alia is engaged and accelerated by the blades of an input-side pump wheel therein. The pump wheel, which is driven by the internal combustion engine and/or the electric motor, for example, thus converts mechanical energy into flow energy. The liquid flowing out of the pump wheel is deflected in its direction in an output-side turbine wheel. The turbine wheel, from which a transmission input shaft is connected downstream, for example, therefore experiences a reaction torque, by which a soft start of the vehicle is ensured, for example.
A hybrid vehicle has the advantage in relation to conventional vehicles having internal combustion engines that the kinetic energy may be reclaimed in large part (recuperation). For this purpose, torque is relayed from at least one drivable axle of the hybrid vehicle to the electrical machine. The reclaimed (recuperated) energy is buffered in the vehicle-side electrical energy store, e.g., a vehicle battery. The electrical machine operated as a generator exerts a decelerating torque (generator torque) on the hybrid vehicle in accordance with the degree of the generator usage. Recuperation may be provided in passive overrun and during active braking. Overrun is a vehicle state in which the vehicle is not actively driven, but rather is only driven forward by its intrinsic inertial mass, diverse driving resistances and possibly a generator torque decelerating it. During braking, the vehicle is actively decelerated by the driver, using generator torque and/or the operating brake.
In hybrid vehicles, fuel supply and ignition are typically shut down during the recuperation and, in addition, further precautions are taken to prevent the engine braking of the internal combustion engine and thus cause the kinetic energy to be delivered as completely as possible to the electrical machine driven as a generator. The internal combustion engine may thus be disengaged mechanically by a corresponding interruption clutch.
A problem results, however, if the electrical energy store is full or cannot currently accommodate any electrical energy for other reasons-such as exceeding temperature limiting values. In this case, the electrical machine is no longer operable as a generator, because the discharged electrical energy may no longer be accommodated by the electrical energy store. The electrical machine may thus no longer be used for decelerating the vehicle during braking and/or in overrun. A deceleration behavior of the hybrid vehicle which is unpleasant to the driver, because it is unaccustomed, thus results during the recuperation operation.
The object of the invention is to provide an improved method for controlling a drivetrain, which ensures a deceleration behavior of the hybrid vehicle, which always remains identical in recuperation operation, in particular independently of the quantity of electrical energy stored in the electrical energy store.
The object is achieved by providing a method for controlling a drivetrain for a hybrid vehicle, the drivetrain having at least one internal combustion engine, a torque converter and an operational link to at least one drivable axle, an electrical energy store, and an electrical machine, which is usable as a generator for charging the electrical energy store during a recuperation operation. The electrical machine is provided on the pump wheel and the operational link is provided on the turbine wheel of the torque converter. Torque is introduced from the drivable axle(s) via the operational link and through the turbine wheel into the liquid of the torque converter in recuperation operation for dissipation as heat.
According to the invention, in recuperation operation, a torque is introduced from at least one drivable axle of the hybrid vehicle, via the operational link and through the turbine wheel, into the liquid of the torque converter for dissipation of the introduced torque by way of heat. In other words, through the “reverse” operation of the torque converter, i.e., by introducing a torque via the turbine wheel instead of the pump wheel, it is operated at a “poor” efficiency. Because the electrical machine is connected to the pump wheel of the torque converter and only little energy is transmitted from the turbine wheel to the pump wheel due to the poor efficiency, the electrical machine operated as a generator rotates only very slowly or not at all. Therefore—as typical in recuperation operation—torque is introduced into the drivetrain. This torque is not converted into electrical energy, but rather into heat, however. According to the invention, a torque may thus be introduced into the drivetrain when conversion into electrical energy is not possible and/or intended. A hybrid vehicle having a deceleration behavior which always remains identical, known, and thus pleasant therefore results for the driver.
The torque is preferably introduced through the turbine wheel into the liquid of the torque converter in that a converter bypass clutch of the torque converter is open in recuperation operation. This is because an existing converter bypass clutch between the turbine wheel and the pump wheel is typically closed in recuperation operation to improve the efficiency of the torque converter. By opening the converter bypass clutch, a simple possibility thus results for introducing torque into the liquid of the torque converter via the operational link for dissipation as heat.
A speed regulation of the electrical machine is preferably provided. The proportion of torque which is to be introduced via the operational link into the liquid of the torque converter and dissipated as heat may be set relatively precisely by this speed regulation. A proportion of energy settable in accordance with the speed of the electrical machine may thus be dissipated by the opening of the converter bypass clutch.
A torque introduction into the liquid of the torque converter is especially preferably provided when the vehicle-side electrical energy store is entirely, or partially, incapable of storing the energy generated in recuperation operation as electrical energy. A recuperation behavior of the vehicle which always remains identical thus results. Because the electrical energy stored in the electrical energy store may be determined relatively precisely, the proportion of energy generated in recuperation operation and no longer storable as electrical energy is also known. A recuperation behavior, which always remains identical, is thus ensured by a speed regulation of the electrical machine in accordance with this proportion, independently of the electrical energy stored in the electrical energy store. A proportional torque introduction into the torque converter is provided when the vehicle-side electrical energy store may no longer completely store the energy generated in recuperation operation as electrical energy.
The invention is preferably implemented as a control unit in a hybrid vehicle. A device of this type may be implemented easily as a modification of one or more existing control units or as a separate control unit. The data required and/or delivered according to the invention may then be transmitted easily via the vehicle-side network, e.g., CAN.
Other objects, advantages and novel features of the present invention will become apparent from the following detailed description when considered in conjunction with the accompanying drawing.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWING The FIGURE shows the schematic construction of the invention.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWING In the FIGURE, a drivetrain 1 is shown, which has an internal combustion engine 2, a hybrid module 3, and a transmission 4. The transmission 4 is operationally linked to an axle of the hybrid vehicle in a known manner not otherwise shown in greater detail, e.g., via a differential. The hybrid module 3 has a torque converter 5, which includes a converter bypass clutch 6. The turbine side of the torque converter 5 is connected to the transmission 4 and the pump side of the torque converter 5 is connected to the electrical machine 7. The electrical machine 7 is operable as a motor, for auxiliary or sole drive of the drivetrain 1. Furthermore, the electrical machine 7 is operable as a generator for charging a vehicle-side energy store (not shown in greater detail). The internal combustion engine 2 may be disengaged from the hybrid module 3 via an interrupting clutch 8, to prevent drag torques in electrical driving operation.
The sequence of the method according to the invention is described as an example hereafter. A hybrid vehicle having the drivetrain 1 travels on an inclined route and is in recuperation operation. The electrical machine 7 of the hybrid vehicle is thus operated as a generator and charges a vehicle-side electrical energy store. If the vehicle-side electrical energy store is completely charged, but the hill descent has not yet ended and thus the recuperation operation still continues, the problem results that the braking action of the electrical machine 7 operated as a generator decreases. To ensure a uniform braking action, the braking behavior must be changed, in that the operating brake is switched in more strongly. However, this would result in braking behavior which varies and is thus unpleasant to the driver. Restarting the internal combustion engine 2, which would require a corresponding amount of energy, is also not advantageous for comfort reasons, because a starting torque is unpleasantly noticeable as a jerk and the thrust torque of the internal combustion engine 2 may not be metered.
Therefore, according to the invention, the converter bypass clutch 6, which has been closed until now in recuperation operation, is opened. A torque is still supplied via the operational link into the turbine wheel of the torque converter 5 from the drivable axle(s) of the hybrid vehicle. However, because the converter bypass clutch 6 has been opened, this torque is no longer transmitted, more or less without loss, from the turbine wheel to the pump wheel. Rather, the turbine wheel of the torque converter 5 is now driven with an open converter bypass clutch 6. The poor efficiency resulting during this “reverse” operation of the torque converter 5 is intentional in this case. This is because the introduced torque is discharged from the turbine wheel to the surrounding liquid, e.g., oil. Therefore, a torque, which now no longer drives the electrical machine 7, but rather is dissipated as heat in the torque converter 5, may still be introduced into the drivetrain 1 from the drivable axle(s) via the operational link. This is because the efficiency of the torque converter 5 worsens significantly due to the speed differential between the pump wheel and the turbine wheel and the majority of the introduced energy is converted into heat. Because the electrical machine 7 rotates very slowly or not at all in spite of the high applied torque, almost no electrical energy is generated. A deceleration behavior of the hybrid vehicle having the drivetrain 1, which remains identical, thus results in recuperation operation, although the electrical energy store is already full.
Of course, the idea according to the invention is similarly applicable in non-electrical energy stores in a hybrid vehicle as well, e.g., in a mechanical energy store (flywheel).
Discuss, lol

First explain the point you are trying to make.
 
petros
+1
#214
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I always understood fusarium fell under the herbicide umbrella, for disease treatment not raid bug spray, I've debated spraying barley blight in the past but could never get past the price compared to loss.

Fungicide.
 
MHz
#215
To most people yes, to you, no, your are a fukking retard who only believes what your mommy has told you in the long winter nights.
 
MHz
#216
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

First explain the point you are trying to make.

Read the article and see what it is teaching. Do your own homework retard, oh wait, you can't that is part of being a fukking retard.
 
petros
+1
#217
What's your point lunatik?
 
spilledthebeer
#218
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

To most people yes, to you, no, your are a fukking retard who only believes what your mommy has told you in the long winter nights.




Oh MHz....................................


YOU ARE NOT One................................


WHO SHOULD lecture others...............................


on what they believe........................................... .


or who told it to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
petros
+1
#219
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What's your point lunatik?

Please hilight the portion of your post that confirms a torque converter stores energy.
 
MHz
#220
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What's your point lunatik?

To show quite clearly that the loco collective on this site are all lying pieces of shit, that you all happen to be rabid Jewish supporter is not an accident. Tic-toc motherfukker as you are all going down for the count.


A long stay at the Baffin Correctional Center would be a fitting punishment.
 
MHz
#221
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Please hilight the portion of your post that confirms a torque converter stores energy.

No, that was the brakes providing 'stored energy' The post you are ignoring has the answer you are looking for. Probably can't find your own asshole without somebody helping.
Keep showing me how stupid you are, see if you need another decade ro finish the job as the last one has been a hoot' (except for the local psychopaths such as yourself)
 
MHz
#222
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Please hilight the portion of your post that confirms a torque converter stores energy.

Did you miss the part about the hydraulic pressure being captured and then released when the brake is released.

Maybe you should call up Dex and come back when you have an actual rebuttal.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#223
Only one answer for you....


Take your damn pills you paranoid JOO hating FOOL
 
petros
+1
#224
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

To show quite clearly that the loco collective on this site are all lying pieces of shit, that you all happen to be rabid Jewish supporter is not an accident. Tic-toc motherfukker as you are all going down for the count.
A long stay at the Baffin Correctional Center would be a fitting punishment.

You found a way out of the sewer? WTG. Clean it up and earn some Calgary dollars.
 
petros
+1
#225
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Did you miss the part about the hydraulic pressure being captured and then released when the brake is released.
Maybe you should call up Dex and come back when you have an actual rebuttal.

A vacuum is new to you? Why am I not surprised?
 
MHz
#226
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Only one answer for you....


Take your damn pills you paranoid JOO hating FOOL

Fuk you you stinky piece of shit.
 
MHz
#227
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You found a way out of the sewer? WTG. Clean it up and earn some Calgary dollars.

Figues you would ignore Health Canada doing experiments on people that are under lock and key. No better example of the morals you and your kind lack. 100 mass killings that are verified and not one of you fuks can say, 'Not our finest hour.' That means you fuks simple have to be removed from having any power at all. Tic-toc motherfukers

God was right to send them to Egypt to work as 'wage earners' and 'nannies'. That is probably why Egypt lasted the 430 years they were there.
De:4:26-28:
I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day,
that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it;
ye shall not prolong your days upon it,
but shall utterly be destroyed.
And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations,
and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,
whither the LORD shall lead you.
And there ye shall serve gods,
the work of men's hands,
wood and stone,
which neither see,
nor hear,
nor eat,
nor smell.
Last edited by MHz; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 06:01 PM..
 
MHz
#228
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

A vacuum is new to you? Why am I not surprised?

Run along now troll.
 
DaSleeper
#229
Take your godamn pills and sleep FOOL!
 
Danbones
#230
Quit yackin and swing, FFS.



LOL, I blame the juice. It always makes people so repetitive and then they feel they are 12 feet tall and bullet proof.
Last edited by Danbones; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 06:20 PM..
 
Ron in Regina
+4
#231
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No 97% of 34% bullshit here.

Even so, how did they lose 3% of a sure thing?

Without looking it up, I believe it goes like this. A survey is sent out to about 10,000 - 11,000 people. The questions are so vague that only about 1/3 even reply to it (the 34% above). Then of the 1/3 that replied, only 77 where picked for the responses to be counted, and of those 75 out of 77 commented in favour of AGW (75 divided by 77 gives the 97% that's constantly misquoted). That gives the quoted %'age that was being looked for and turns this whole exercise in Shenanigans into 'settled science' somehow. If anyone had 10-15 minutes to spare & wishes to look this up for themselves, Google is their friend. If out of the 3500 or so replies they actually got and 75 of those where in favour of AGW are looked at, then 75 divided by about 3500 or so is somewhere between 2% & 3% so they could actually use the same pie chart....but it's results are backwards to what was actually sold to the gullible and/or lazy.

Then that 97% quote has been quoted and misquoted so many times over the years that it's become a "Truth" and anyone who has 10-15 minutes to see where it came from (and if it's even real let alone accurate) is a blasphemous "Denier"....
 
Cliffy
+1
#232
 
Danbones
+1
#233
D I NO sa UR s ASS teroid.

Always using children eh Cliffy? They won't shield you on judgement day.
Last edited by Danbones; Sep 23rd, 2019 at 08:07 PM..
 
MHz
#234
This is the girl that will be in control of the UN and the World Bank so she is worth following on that note. You will never see who is writing her scripts.
Put the UN in Jerusalem and all presidents will be bowing down to her. I would guess most of them will be women and the men will be serving time for crimes against humanity since 1948.
 
Mowich
+1
#235
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

This whole climate change fiasco is getting stupid. We are all going to be fine; the climate has always changed and the world will continue as it is. The so-called facts about climate change are false and only being used to enrich those who already are rich and to scam the rest of us into poverty in order to control the populous.


That may be so, Dixie but the consequences of what is happening around the world are very really and cannot be disputed. It matters not the cause nor whether carbon taxes or carbon off-sets will make a whit of difference. What does matter is that people are being displaced by rising waters. Do you really think that areas of the Bahamas will ever be fit to live in again? And why would anyone want to take the chance being that the islands are in the natural path of hurricanes. Where are all those people going to go? Where are all the people on multiple islands around the world whose land is being slowly taken over by the rising water - where will they go?


There are examples of places in the US - the Florida Keys, and other water-fronted cities in the state that are seeing the government step-in with buy-outs as living there is no longer viable. Around the world countries are spending billions of dollars to shore up their coast lines and prevent flooding. Jakarta is moving its capitol due to the fact that the city is sinking and is prone to seasonal flooding. No plans for the millions of those with no other place to go.

This is what concerns me. Not the arguments over who is responsible nor the imposition of taxes that will do nothing to solve the problem. Which is why immigration is of great importance to me in this election. Putting a stop to illegal border crosses is number one on my list. Number two is more policies that see legal immigrants to our country being given new lives in other areas of the country than our cities - which face it are crowded to the gills right now. Canada is going to be pressed to take in more immigrants every year and making sure that they are legally entering our country and finding homes in more rural areas would, IMHO, most certainly be step in the right direction.
 
MHz
#236
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

D I NO sa UR s ASS teroid.

Always using children eh Cliffy? They won't shield you on judgement day.

This is a child.




People at 16 are fighting in real wars so she is a 'young adult'. (with the backing of the entity known as the 'NWO' )
 
taxslave
+1
#237
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

That may be so, Dixie but the consequences of what is happening around the world are very really and cannot be disputed. It matters not the cause nor whether carbon taxes or carbon off-sets will make a whit of difference. What does matter is that people are being displaced by rising waters. Do you really think that areas of the Bahamas will ever be fit to live in again? And why would anyone want to take the chance being that the islands are in the natural path of hurricanes. Where are all those people going to go? Where are all the people on multiple islands around the world whose land is being slowly taken over by the rising water - where will they go?
There are examples of places in the US - the Florida Keys, and other water-fronted cities in the state that are seeing the government step-in with buy-outs as living there is no longer viable. Around the world countries are spending billions of dollars to shore up their coast lines and prevent flooding. Jakarta is moving its capitol due to the fact that the city is sinking and is prone to seasonal flooding. No plans for the millions of those with no other place to go.
This is what concerns me. Not the arguments over who is responsible nor the imposition of taxes that will do nothing to solve the problem. Which is why immigration is of great importance to me in this election. Putting a stop to illegal border crosses is number one on my list. Number two is more policies that see legal immigrants to our country being given new lives in other areas of the country than our cities - which face it are crowded to the gills right now. Canada is going to be pressed to take in more immigrants every year and making sure that they are legally entering our country and finding homes in more rural areas would, IMHO, most certainly be step in the right direction.

And yet our island is rising. But nobody likes to hear that anymore. So perhaps it isn't climate at all but plate shifting that is causing some islands to sink.
 
MHz
#238
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

And yet our island is rising. But nobody likes to hear that anymore. So perhaps it isn't climate at all but plate shifting that is causing some islands to sink.

The Pacific Rift started and the AB/BC birder 200M yeas ago. All of BC is sludge that was scraped off and pushed up to create the land that exists. The sludge that got sucked under was 'cooked' as it passed under the Rockies. It became the coal in AB as well as the oil and gas. Same all over the planet, such as South America and Russia.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG0w6BgLWUE&t=33s
Where Terranes Collide: The Geology of Western Canada


Ireland and the UK are being dragged into deeper water and well end up as a coal seam in a few million years.
 
petros
+2
#239
I’ve been saying “how dare you” in a Swedish accent all morning.
 
spilledthebeer
#240
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

To show quite clearly that the loco collective on this site are all lying pieces of shit, that you all happen to be rabid Jewish supporter is not an accident. Tic-toc motherfukker as you are all going down for the count.


A long stay at the Baffin Correctional Center would be a fitting punishment.








HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


TIC TOC says MHz............................................... ...


just before the medical attendants SEDATE him.............................................


at his mental health facility..................................



to prepare him for his afternoon nap......................


and quiet time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!