Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’


Curious Cdn
#661
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why?

I never had to supplement my income by becoming an expert at spreading bitumen.
 
Cannuck
#662
I don’t think Pete’s father-in-law could afford to keep him on full time
 
Curious Cdn
#663
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I don’t think Pete’s father-in-law could afford to keep him on full time

He really should. Petros has a doctorate in everything and that's a lot of talent to be had at $14.85/hr.
 
Twin_Moose
#664
Watch 4 Porsches Lap a Tesla Model S Broken Down on the Nürburgring
 
Hoid
#665
Tesla bettered Porsches record lap time easily
 
Twin_Moose
#666
Also pictures of their truck and SUV

Electric Rivian Vans Will Soon Deliver Your Amazon Packages
 
Curious Cdn
#667
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Also pictures of their truck and SUV
Electric Rivian Vans Will Soon Deliver Your Amazon Packages

Those PROOOGS!
Those PROOOGS!

Don't they know that Alberta is a VICTIM and it's their DUTY to burn the lowest, filthiest petroleum fraction they can produce to deliver their packages?
 
taxslave
+1
#668
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Also pictures of their truck and SUV
Electric Rivian Vans Will Soon Deliver Your Amazon Packages

So much for quick service.
 
Curious Cdn
#669
UNIFOR wants to take over the GM plant in Oshawa and convert it to building electric cars.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tion-1.5291582

That should be grounds for Alberta separation as it is their DUTY to be building clunkers with massive engines that burn Bunker C, so that each and every Albertan has more to write that cheque that they to send to Oshawa every week.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#670
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Those PROOOGS!
Those PROOOGS!
Don't they know that Alberta is a VICTIM and it's their DUTY to burn the lowest, filthiest petroleum fraction they can produce to deliver their packages?

Bahahahahaha No threat to me It'll be a complete failure like a hydrogen bus in BC
 
Tecumsehsbones
#671
You just know that right-wing whiners a century ago were blowing their tops over them new-fangled petroleum horseless carriages. Nothing would replace the reliable Stanley Steamer!
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#672
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

UNIFOR wants to take over the GM plant in Oshawa and convert it to building electric cars.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tion-1.5291582
That should be grounds for Alberta separation as it is their DUTY to be building clunkers with massive engines that burn Bunker C, so that each and every Albertan has more to write that cheque that they to send to Oshawa every week.

Yep they want the taxpayers to kick in $2 Billion to keep their Union jobs, It'll fail because nobody outside of our tax dollars could afford it, and look at their target market Canada Post it'll fail
 
Curious Cdn
#673
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You just know that right-wing whiners a century ago were blowing their tops over them new-fangled petroleum horseless carriages. Nothing would replace the reliable Stanley Steamer!

At the beginning, you needed to have a flag man to walk in front of your horseless carriage so that the populace knew that you're passing by. Now the Europeans are making it law that your gasless-horseless carriage needs to make some sort of a sound.
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Sep 21st, 2019 at 08:34 AM..
 
Curious Cdn
#674
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Yep they want the taxpayers to kick in $2 Billion to keep their Union jobs, It'll fail because nobody outside of our tax dollars could afford it, and look at their target market Canada Post it'll fail

I didn't say that it's a good idea. I said that the Albertans wouldn't like the idea of building electrics, anywhere.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#675
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You just know that right-wing whiners a century ago were blowing their tops over them new-fangled petroleum horseless carriages. Nothing would replace the reliable Stanley Steamer!

They were a failure due to no hard surfaces roads once the taxpayers ponied up for better roads the horseless carriages transformed the country.
 
AnnaEmber
+2
#676
The power from the steam engine is theoretically limitless. Can cut through centimeters of steel or titanium with the pressure behind it. Trouble is what you use for fuel to make the steam and how to contain it once it's made.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#677
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

The power from the steam engine is theoretically limitless. Can cut through centimeters of steel or titanium with the pressure behind it. Trouble is what you use for fuel to make the steam and how to contain it once it's made.

Buffalo chips.

Oops, no. Damn. Killed all the buffalo.

People chips?
 
AnnaEmber
+1
#678
People already thought of that. Still need a lotta space for it and it also still creates a lotta CO². Nuclear seems to be the most efficeient. Small containers n all that.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#679
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

People already thought of that. Still need a lotta space for it and it also still creates a lotta CO². Nuclear seems to be the most efficeient. Small containers n all that.

Yeah, but just think of all the cool names! The Chevy Poovette. The Ford Poostang. The '57 Chevy Not-So-Bel Air.

Poo Power!
 
Curious Cdn
#680
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Buffalo chips.
Oops, no. Damn. Killed all the buffalo.
People chips?

We are rather long on those, right now.
 
Curious Cdn
#681
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yeah, but just think of all the cool names! The Chevy Poovette. The Ford Poostang. The '57 Chevy Not-So-Bel Air.
Poo Power!

Don't forget the Poorsche Targa!
 
taxslave
+1
#682
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

UNIFOR wants to take over the GM plant in Oshawa and convert it to building electric cars.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tion-1.5291582
That should be grounds for Alberta separation as it is their DUTY to be building clunkers with massive engines that burn Bunker C, so that each and every Albertan has more to write that cheque that they to send to Oshawa every week.

Ontariowe can use bunkerC to generate the power to recharge all those Lektrik gizmos. And buy massive amounts of diesel for the portable charge units when the lektrik gizmos die on the freeway at 40 below.
 
Hoid
#683
it takes a fraction of the workers to build an electric car as opposed to a gas car
 
petros
+2
#684
Why? List everything.
Hold nothing back.
 
pgs
+2
#685
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

it takes a fraction of the workers to build an electric car as opposed to a gas car

2 3/4 is a fraction .
 
Hoid
#686
fewer parts, fewer jobs

you would think the white nattys would love it

since when have they not been in love with unions getting a shit kicking?
 
Hoid
#687
https://insideevs.com/news/371993/te...le-ev-battery/

The new tesla battery will be a million miler
 
petros
+2
#688
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

fewer parts, fewer jobs
you would think the white nattys would love it
since when have they not been in love with unions getting a shit kicking?

Prove it.
 
taxslave
+1
#689
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

fewer parts, fewer jobs
you would think the white nattys would love it
since when have they not been in love with unions getting a shit kicking?

That explains why you like them so much. Fewer jobs higher profits since electric cars are so much more expensive than a comparable real car.
 
taxslave
+3
#690
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Prove it.

The slaves in the lithium mines don't count as workers.