Why leaving Canada makes sense for Alberta, and U.S. would likely welcome a new state


Cannuck
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Oh sorry, you mad

Clearly you're not the sharpest cucumber in the tray
 
B00Mer
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yeah, but I'll get over it.

You'll be stupid for life.

Oh I'm crushed, my feelings are so hurt because of what some random idiot troll on the World Wide Web thinks of me.
 
JLM
+1
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Why leaving Canada makes sense for Alberta, and U.S. would likely welcome a new state



U.S. forecaster Peter Zeihan, a former geopolitical analyst with the security firm Stratfor, has spent his career trying to predict the future of tumultuous states —

Like father, like son: Kenney says Justin Trudeau’s ‘arrogant anti-Alberta attitude’ is as bad as Pierre Trudeau’s | National Post

Nah....................better to be a small fish in a good neighbourhood than a big fish in a bad neighbourhood. (comparatively speaking)
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Oh I'm crushed, my feelings are so hurt because of what some random idiot troll on the World Wide Web thinks of me.

Don't be silly. You lack the basal intelligence to be crushed.

It's OK, Boomster. Somebody's gotta anchor the random-distribution curve.
 
MHz
#95
Boosting working conditions in the east would save them moving west, it would still create a demand for products from the west. If the east gets snowbound there will be more than a few people looking for warmer places to live.
 
JLM
#96
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Oh I'm crushed, my feelings are so hurt because of what some random idiot troll on the World Wide Web thinks of me.

Don't worry about it Boom Boom, he could even rate turnip status, let alone cucumber!
 
darkbeaver
#97
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

You are part of the vast right wing conspiracy. One of the puppets.

Yes that's right a charter member of the IBPP.
 
Dixie Cup
+1
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

It's not like separatist ideas are new to Canada. The western Canada Concept has been around since I was a kid. The idea of the 4 western provinces forming their own republic is enticing to many who see eastern Canada as nothing but a huge drain on our wallets. There was also ideas bandied about of BC and AB joining the US and various other suggestions. Canada is a land of haves and have nots, as such there will always be resentment and talk of separation divided along east/west lines. Personally I would entertain the idea of separation under certain circumstances I'm just not sure if becoming an American would ever get the popularity required to move the idea forward. The republic of western Canada is the one most likely to get the best traction but even then, with all the easterners that now live in the west, even that might not get far.



Oh heck yes it's been bandied about many times. The one proposed, if I recall correctly it was going to be called Cascadia and include Alberta, BC, Washington and Oregon (can't remember if SK or Montana were included - don't think so). At any rate, among those who would participate, the total amount of GNP was quite high and, as such, could potentially do quite well on its own. Don't know whatever happened to the concept.


I liked it for the name i.e. where do you live? Oh, I live in Cascadia LOL


JMO
 
MHz
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I guess Cannuck, you're like many Carpet Baggers living off the Alberta Social Services who are to stupid to learn about Alberta history.

We should set a holiday for the day you left Alberta.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Oh heck yes it's been bandied about many times. The one proposed, if I recall correctly it was going to be called Cascadia and include Alberta, BC, Washington and Oregon (can't remember if SK or Montana were included - don't think so). At any rate, among those who would participate, the total amount of GNP was quite high and, as such, could potentially do quite well on its own. Don't know whatever happened to the concept.


I liked it for the name i.e. where do you live? Oh, I live in Cascadia LOL


JMO

There is a saying that goes like this, 'Go west as far as you can but don't cross the Rockies.'
 
B00Mer
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

We should set a holiday for the day you left Alberta..'

I never left, I'm still considered an Albertan Resident.. BooHoo for you

Ontario is a temporary situation till 2016

But I'm sure we can set a holiday for the day you swallow your tounge ... Call it the MHz anti-reflux day!!
 
DaSleeper
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I never left, I'm still considered an Albertan Resident.. BooHoo for you

Ontario is a temporary situation till 2016

But I'm sure we can set a holiday for the day you swallow your tounge ... Call it the MHz anti-reflux day!!

Did you consider that you would pay less tax as an Ontario resident?

Edit: For now!
 
MHz
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I never left, I'm still considered an Albertan Resident.. BooHoo for you

Ontario is a temporary situation till 2016

But I'm sure we can set a holiday for the day you swallow your tounge ... Call it the MHz anti-reflux day!!

You get into my meds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384
 
Ludlow
#103
yes we'll take Alberta and you all can have Texass.
 
Curious Cdn
#104
They're both snake pits full of secessionist swine. They can't seem to get along with anybody.
 
Ludlow
#105
Some of the folks in Texas have a sort of an elitist mentality. Never could quite figure out why.
 
MHz
+1
#106
That's because some people down there can jump in a truck and it takes them all day to drive across the ranch, in Alberta we fix the truck before taking it for a drive.
 
Ludlow
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

That's because some people down there can jump in a truck and it takes them all day to drive across the ranch, in Alberta we fix the truck before taking it for a drive.

yeah it is a big place.
 
Curious Cdn
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

That's because some people down there can jump in a truck and it takes them all day to drive across the ranch, in Alberta we fix the truck before taking it for a drive.

I spent quite a bit if time in Texas three summers ago, crossing the state twice on Highway 10 along the Mexican border. I saw a lot of unbelievably scrubby, dry chaparral with a cow here, calf there. You wonder how anything bigger than a coyote could survive. Anyway, it's pretty poor quality ranchland and it goes on for hour after hour after hour. The land to the East in Texas, like around Houston, for instance looks just like the farmland around here in Southern Ontario but they don't waste it free ranging cattle.
 
MHz
#109
The cooling climate will give Texas the rain they need to turn it much greener. The cattle there are just so the owners can show they are doing something with the land so it is a tax deduction.
 
captain morgan
+1
#110
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They're both snake pits full of secessionist swine. They can't seem to get along with anybody.

That's the result of perpetual attempts at pillaging one or 2 jurisdictions..... Treat a group as nothing more than an ATM, and folks get their back up a bit
 
Curious Cdn
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

That's the result of perpetual attempts at pillaging one or 2 jurisdictions..... Treat a group as nothing more than an ATM, and folks get their back up a bit

Perhaps it's because we listen to the snivveling whining from both regions too much and inulge their fanatasies but how hard the by they are
 
gerryh
+1
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

yeah it is a big place.


Ummmmm... no it's not. The majority of Canadian Provinces are a hell of a lot bigger then Texas.
 
captain morgan
+1
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Perhaps it's because we listen to the snivveling whining from both regions too much and inulge their fanatasies but how hard the by they are

Listen?... You?... Let's not get ridiculous here.

Maybe you should have paid some real attention and at least an honest attempt to understand the message, but I'd bet that you are too busy shoveling down some McGarbage whilst gaping at your favorite reality TV

The big irony in this whole deal is that as Ont has paid into equalization for years and now that you need to take advantage of that program, well, the cupboards are bare and you're on yer own.... Kinda makes you wish you had actually paid attention to the underlying message in all the whining and sniveling, eh?
 
AnnaG
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Oh heck yes it's been bandied about many times. The one proposed, if I recall correctly it was going to be called Cascadia and include Alberta, BC, Washington and Oregon (can't remember if SK or Montana were included - don't think so). At any rate, among those who would participate, the total amount of GNP was quite high and, as such, could potentially do quite well on its own. Don't know whatever happened to the concept.


I liked it for the name i.e. where do you live? Oh, I live in Cascadia LOL


JMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascad...dence_movement) lol I had never heard of that before. Interesting. Funny, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

There is a saying that goes like this, 'Go west as far as you can but don't cross the Rockies.'

The only mention of it I can find is from the David Icke forums. hahaha David Icke is the lunatic that thinks the planet is shared by we humans and a race of alien lizards that can morph to look human.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I never left, I'm still considered an Albertan Resident.. BooHoo for you

Ontario is a temporary situation till 2016

But I'm sure we can set a holiday for the day you swallow your tounge ... Call it the MHz anti-reflux day!!

What is a tounge? A different kind of lawn furniture than a lounge?
 
damngrumpy
#115
Why is it the right wing always starts this childish nonsense when they lose?
Why did they lose this last election? Simple they preyed on division and fear.
They never talked about opportunity for the middle class because they had
nothing for the middle class. They never talked about hope and how we were
going to have a new directional plan for medicare because they were not
intending to continue the mass of transfer payments, they were not planning to
improve the social benefits to Canadians and that is because they were not
intending to they were cutting benefits. They were making things better for the
corporations not the rest of us the low taxes were for large companies.
People said enough.
The Same with Alberta, the previous government had a huge deficit and they
played the same hand make life better only for oil. Punish oil no but they should
pay more and when Lougheed was around they did. The current situation was
a Tory deficit not an NDP one the NDP deficit is as of April 1st 2016 so before the
whining starts the Tories would be in the same situation had they won the election.
People who go about wanting to leave are negative people who want their onw
way like spoiled children. Most Alberta conservatives I know are folks who want to
stay so it is a minority to be sure
 
JLM
-1
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post


What is a tounge? A different kind of lawn furniture than a lounge?

That had me puzzled for a minute. Glad you clarified it!

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That had me puzzled for a minute. Glad you clarified it!

Cannuck- You really can be a twit!
 
captain morgan
+2
#117
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Why is it the right wing always starts this childish nonsense when they lose?
Why did they lose this last election? Simple they preyed on division and fear.
They never talked about opportunity for the middle class because they had
nothing for the middle class. They never talked about hope and how we were
going to have a new directional plan for medicare because they were not
intending to continue the mass of transfer payments, they were not planning to
improve the social benefits to Canadians and that is because they were not
intending to they were cutting benefits. They were making things better for the
corporations not the rest of us the low taxes were for large companies.
People said enough.
The Same with Alberta, the previous government had a huge deficit and they
played the same hand make life better only for oil. Punish oil no but they should
pay more and when Lougheed was around they did. The current situation was
a Tory deficit not an NDP one the NDP deficit is as of April 1st 2016 so before the
whining starts the Tories would be in the same situation had they won the election.
People who go about wanting to leave are negative people who want their onw
way like spoiled children. Most Alberta conservatives I know are folks who want to
stay so it is a minority to be sure

Get back to me in a few years and let me know how that whole hopey changey thing worked out for ya'll.... Maybe think about asking your grandkids how they feel about being left with the astronomical debt you voted for.

I'm guessing that your ideological bent will find a way to blame Harper and the oil patch for it all
 
Curious Cdn
#118
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Listen?... You?... Let's not get ridiculous here.

Maybe you should have paid some real attention and at least an honest attempt to understand the message, but I'd bet that you are too busy shoveling down some McGarbage whilst gaping at your favorite reality TV

The big irony in this whole deal is that as Ont has paid into equalization for years and now that you need to take advantage of that program, well, the cupboards are bare and you're on yer own.... Kinda makes you wish you had actually paid attention to the underlying message in all the whining and sniveling, eh?

How many years has Ontario received equalization payments? How many years did Alberta and where did the money come from ? ( hint: It is not zero)

Time to do some homework, junior.
 
captain morgan
+1
#119
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

How many years has Ontario received equalization payments? How many years did Alberta and where did the money come from ? ( hint: It is not zero)

Time to do some homework, junior.

I emboldened the important bits for ya.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The big irony in this whole deal is that as Ont has paid into equalization for years and now that you need to take advantage of that program, well, the cupboards are bare and you're on yer own.... Kinda makes you wish you had actually paid attention to the underlying message in all the whining and sniveling, eh?

Maybe you should focus more on the comment I made earlier about taking a little time to understand the message, m'kay? Had you done so, you wouldn't have offered such a tragic post
 
Ludlow
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Ummmmm... no it's not. The majority of Canadian Provinces are a hell of a lot bigger then Texas.

big in comparison to other states with the exception of Alaska. I always hated driving through Texas because it takes forever. Never been to Canada.
 

Similar Threads

302
Ezra Levant Makes Sense
by dumpthemonarchy | Oct 5th, 2014
0
Brian Cox: 'Multiverse' makes sense
by Blackleaf | Sep 24th, 2014
65
I'm LEAVING Alberta !!!!
by Jsan | Apr 22nd, 2007