Quit Picking on the Republicans


tay
#691
The girl in the background looks like she's wondering if she heard that correctly.........


With regard to the idea of whether you have a right to health care, you have realize what that implies.


It’s not an abstraction. I’m a physician. That means you have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery. It means that you’re going to enslave not only me, but the janitor at my hospital, the person who cleans my office, the assistants who work in my office, the nurses.
I’m a physician in your community and you say you have a right to health care. You have a right to beat down my door with the police, escort me away and force me to take care of you? That’s ultimately what the right to free health care would be.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXwDMqjC-A


 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#692









Republican death panels are just around the corner!
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#693
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post










Republican death panels are just around the corner!


Did Trump specifically articulate what he is going to do about health care?
 
davesmom
#694
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Did Trump specifically articulate what he is going to do about health care?


It would be foolish for the Republicans to reveal what their plans are to replace Obama care. If they revealed it in detail Obama could act on it. He is still President for another (now) 5 days.
Whereas most past Presidents have faded themselves out for the last few weeks of their Presidency, Obama has been in a flurry to do things. He looks desperate to leave something the people will remember him for.
I think it was reprehensible for him to send troops to the Russian border just days before his exit from office. It has left another roadblock that Trump will have to deal with. I suspect that is his intention.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#695
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

It would be foolish for the Republicans to reveal what their plans are to replace Obama care. If they revealed it in detail Obama could act on it. He is still President for another (now) 5 days.
Whereas most past Presidents have faded themselves out for the last few weeks of their Presidency, Obama has been in a flurry to do things. He looks desperate to leave something the people will remember him for.
I think it was reprehensible for him to send troops to the Russian border just days before his exit from office. It has left another roadblock that Trump will have to deal with. I suspect that is his intention.

Trump will recall them right away, so that your poor Russian friends don't release their blackmail material.

By the way, that armoured brigade in Poland, as well as our battle group on the way to Latvia have been in the works for about three years. Let's see if the blackmail is severe enough to compel your glorious leader to commit treason.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+3
#696
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
#697
 
tay
+1
#698
Dan Adamini, the odious Republican from Marquette, Michigan who called for “another Kent State” for student protesters has resigned from his position as the Marquette County Republican Treasurer.


Not only that, he deleted his Twitter account, deleted his personal Facebook account, deleted his radio show’s Facebook account, and has lost his right-wing radio show “In the Right Mind” for at least the next month while his contract is reviewed.

Adamini put up a Facebook post saying, “The violent protests at our universities certainly indicates Portage acacian at the lower level. I’m thinking another Kent State might be the only solution protest stopped after only one death. They do it because they know there are no consequences yet.”

He doubled down by tweeting, “Violent protesters who shut down free speech?Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery.”

Both the tweet and the Facebook post were deleted but now Adamini has gone completely silent on social media after facing withering criticism from across the nation. Kent State University itself put out a statement calling the comments “abhorrent”:

May 4, 1970, was a watershed moment for the country and especially the Kent State University family. We lost four students that day while nine others were wounded and countless others were changed forever.

This abhorrent post is in poor taste and trivializes a loss of life that still pains the Kent State community today.

We invite the person who wrote this statement to tour our campus and our May 4 Visitors Center, which opened four years ago, to gain perspective on what happened 47 years ago and apply its meaning to the future.

Buh-bye, Dan. We look forward to never having to read or hear any of your disgusting, putrid effluvium ever again.

BOOM! Republican who called for “another Kent State” for protesters resigns, deletes social media accounts, loses radio show | Eclectablog
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#699
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Did Trump specifically articulate what he is going to do about health care?

Did gopher say it was "Trump," or did he say "Republicans?"

Learn to read.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#700
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Did gopher say it was "Trump," or did he say "Republicans?"

Learn to read.

The two are pretty much interchangeable until impeachment, anyway. If the Republicans are so goddam embarrassed about their association, that should help to speed up the impeachment part.
 
tay
#701
Bill Akins, the secretary of the Republican executive committee in Florida's Pasco County, became the star of a CNN segment after he was heckled for saying that the Affordable Care Act created death panels for the elderly.

“There's a provision in there that anyone over the age of 74 has to go before what is effectively a death panel,” said Akins at a town hall led by Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-Fla.), who represents a safe GOP seat on the state's Gulf Coast. “Yes, they do! Yes, they do! It's in there, folks!”

video

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.507cdf1a2a54




Extreme levels of BS confirmed Captain
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#702
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Bill Akins, the secretary of the Republican executive committee in Florida's Pasco County, became the star of a CNN segment after he was heckled for saying that the Affordable Care Act created death panels for the elderly.

“There's a provision in there that anyone over the age of 74 has to go before what is effectively a death panel,” said Akins at a town hall led by Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-Fla.), who represents a safe GOP seat on the state's Gulf Coast. “Yes, they do! Yes, they do! It's in there, folks!”

video

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.507cdf1a2a54




Extreme levels of BS confirmed Captain

The health insurance companys have death panels that decide whether they will fund your treatment or not.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#703
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Learn to read.


Probably better at it than you!
 
Tecumsehsbones
+5
#704
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Probably better at it than you!

That's true, and it was unfair of me to say that. Obviously, you can read.

Allow me to amend my recommendation:

Learn to think.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#705
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Learn to think.


I've been known to do that too....................................a lot!
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#706
 
pgs
Free Thinker
-1
#707
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Did you ever see the pickled babies ? They were cool .
 
spaminator
#708
Kid Rock in the Senate? Singer eyed as potential GOP Senate candidate | Celebrit
 
TenPenny
+2
#709
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The health insurance companys have death panels that decide whether they will fund your treatment or not.


The insurance companies in the US hire doctors to find reasons to dismiss claims. I have a relative who is one, he makes a fortune. Far more than he did as a GP.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#710
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

The insurance companies in the US hire doctors to find reasons to dismiss claims. I have a relative who is one, he makes a fortune. Far more than he did as a GP.

He must be a republican.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#711
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

He must be a republican.

Of course he works for a living .
 
tay
#712
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
#713





Arizona to curb rights so that people cannot pick on Republicans
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
#714
we need to stop picking on the Republicans for their cowardice:


 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#715
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN AMERICAN
Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.
He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.
In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath.
The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.
Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joes employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.
If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.
It's noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.
Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.
Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.
He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.
Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have." UNKNOWN AUTHOR
 
Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
#716
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN AMERICAN
Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.
He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.
In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath.
The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.
Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joes employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.
If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.
It's noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.
Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.
Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.
He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.
Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have." UNKNOWN AUTHOR


I've never been able to figure out why anyone would take pride in being a conservative. It is like saying: "I am too stupid too understand how the world works so I oppose all sensible social and political change.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#717
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I've never been able to figure out why anyone would take pride in being a conservative. It is like saying: "I am too stupid too understand how the world works so I oppose all sensible social and political change.


Well, when you consider there is very little that is sociably and politically sensible....................................... . Can you figure out much?
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#718
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post






Arizona to curb rights so that people cannot pick on Republicans

They need to pass an Antirepublicanophobia motion in their state legislature

That'll fix the problem.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#719
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN AMERICAN
Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.
He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.
In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath.
The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.
Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joes employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.
If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.
It's noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.
Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.
Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.
He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.
Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have." UNKNOWN AUTHOR

Well maybe that needed to be posted prior to the American election , it seems they went all in for the republican ticket . How many state houses did the dems lose again ?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#720
 

Similar Threads

8254
Quit picking on Obama……
by DaSleeper | 1 week ago
65
Quit Picking on Hillary...........
by DaSleeper | Dec 5th, 2017
559
Quit Picking On Romney
by gopher | Jun 12th, 2016