Religious want a voice in science classes again

AnnaG
... and try to excuse their views by calling it "critical thinking". Hilarious.
Quote:

Critics of the teaching of evolution in the nation’s classrooms are gaining ground in some states by linking the issue to global warming, arguing that dissenting views on both scientific subjects should be taught in public schools.

Darwin Foes Add Warming to Targets - NYTimes.com

Spade
Q: You know, Anna, what really pisses me off?
A: They (Read, teachers) teach "Roundism" as scientific fact in Canadian schools.

Roundism: The erroneous belief that the Earth is round.

In Genesis, it is clear the Earth is flat. It is the firmament which is semi circular. The stars are imbedded in the firmament. There are gates in the firmament which Gawd opens and closes to bring us rain. it's all in Genesis. I'd quote it, but I am sure you have studied these passages!

Let's teach "Flatism" as a biblical alternative!

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Q: You know, Anna, what really pisses me off?
A: They (Read, teachers) teach "Roundism" as scientific fact in Canadian schools.

Roundism: The erroneous belief that the Earth is round.

In Genesis, it is clear the Earth is flat. It is the firmament which is semi circular. The stars are imbedded in the firmament. There are gates in the firmament which Gawd opens and closes to bring us rain. it's all in Genesis. I'd quote it, but I am sure you have studied these passages!

Let's teach "Flatism" as a biblical alternative!

WOOT! Now you're onto something. YAY!

El Barto
Thats easy , then let science have a voice in religious teachings

gerryh
what does any of this have to do with sports?

or are the athiests now going to start spamming all the subforums with their hatefull threads.

Ron in Regina
Good Eye. I missed that, but have since moved the Thread.

Cliffy
To me, anything that is competitive is a sport.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

... and try to excuse their views by calling it "critical thinking". Hilarious.Darwin Foes Add Warming to Targets - NYTimes.com

Don't know whether to laugh or cry, Anna. Cry might be closest to the mark, especially for all those poor kids whose families jam this c**p down their throats at home and want to see the same thing happen at school. It is creepy and in some way really disturbing to know there are people out there who really belief this bunkum.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Don't know whether to laugh or cry, Anna. Cry might be closest to the mark, especially for all those poor kids whose families jam this c**p down their throats at home and want to see the same thing happen at school. It is creepy and in some way really disturbing to know there are people out there who really belief this bunkum.

The world is full of disturbed people. One must step lightly through life in order to avoid soiling ones shoes with the doo doo they leave all over the place.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The world is full of disturbed people. One must step lightly through life in order to avoid soiling ones shoes with the doo doo they leave all over the place.

Now ain't that the truth, Cliffy.

AnnaG
Hey! How come when I put this thread in the Sports forum it got redirected to the Faith Discussion forum, but the Olympic hockey thread is still in the Christian Discussion?

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

what does any of this have to do with sports?

Nothing.

Quote:

or are the athiests now going to start spamming all the subforums with their hatefull threads.

Nope. I put it in the sports forum in revenge for some twit putting the Olympic hockey thread in the Christian Discussion forum.