The Devil

herald
1. Sinned against God. 2 Pet 2:4;1 John 3:8
2. Cast out of heaven. Lu 10:18
3. Cast down to hell. 2 Pet 2:4;Jude 1:6 (But he still goes about as a roaring lion
seeking whom he may devour.)
4. The Author of the fall. Gen 3:1,6,14,24
5. Tempted Christ. Matt 4:3-10
6. Perverts the Scripture. Matt 4:6;Ps 91:11,12
7. Opposes God's work. Zech 3:1;1Thess 2:18
8. Hinders the Gospel. Matt 13:19; 2 Cor 4:4
9. Works lying wonders. 2 Thess 2:9;Rev 16:14
10. Assumes the form of an angel of light. 2 Cor 11:14
11. The wicked are the children of. Matt 13:38;Acts 13:10;1 John 3:10

Turn aside after. 1 Tim 5:15
Do the lusts of. John 8:44
Possessed by. Lu 22:3;Acts 5:3;Eph 2:2
Blinded by. 2 Cor 4:4
Deceived by. 1 Kin 22:21,22;Rev 20:7,8
Ensnared by. 1 Tim 3:7;2 Tim 2:26
Troubled by. 1 Sam 16:14
Punished together with. Matt 25:41

12. Saints

Afflicted by, only as God permits. Job 1:12;2:4-7
Tempted by. 1 Chr 21:1;1 Thess 3:5
Sifted by. Lu 22:31
Should resist. Ja 4:7;1 Pet 5:9
Should be armed against. Eph 6:11-16
Should be watchful against. 2 Cor 2:11
Overcome. 1 John 2:13;Rev 12:10,11
Shall finally triumph over. Rom 16:20

13. Triumph Over

Predicted. Gen 3:15
In resisting his temptations. Matt 4:11
In casting out the spirits of. Lu 11:20;13:32
In empowering the disciples to cast out. Matt 10:1 (and us too!)
In destroying the works of. 1 John 3:8
Completed by the death of Jesus. Col 2:15; Heb 2:14
Illustrated. Lu 11:21,22

14. Character Of

Presumptuous. Job 1:6;Matt 4:5,6
Proud. 1 Tim 3:6
Powerful. Eph 2:2;6:12
Wicked. 1 John 2:13
Malignant. Job 1:9;2:4
Subtle. Gen 3:1;2 Cor 11:3
Deceitful. 2 Cor 11:14;Eph 6:11
Fierce and Cruel. Lu 8:29;9:39,42;1 Pet 5:8
Cowardly. Ja 4:7

The apostasy is of. 2 Thess 2:9;2 Tim 4:1
Shall be condemned at The Judgment. Jude 1:6;Rev 20:10
Everlasting fire is prepared for. Matt 25:41 (The Devil will be cast into the lake of fire and be destroyed. Rev 20:10;Ezek 28:18,19)

15. Compared To

A fowler. Ps 91:3
Fowls. Matt 13:4
A sower of tares. Matt 13:25,28
A wolf. John 10:12
A roaring lion. 1 Pet 5:8
A serpent. Rev 12:9;20:2

Courtesy of the MacArthur Study Bible

Cliffy
And because of the fierce belief in and fear of the Devil, he lives in the hearts of Christians and Muslims and all those who believe in him. An entity only has as much power as you give him, a book has only as much truth as you believe it does. The bible is just another graven image before god. If you want to know the truth go to the source. You can have a personal relationship with god. You do not need intermediaries. The bible, priests, ministers and popes are just intermediaries who keep you mesmerized and out of contact with your creator.

lone wolf
If you don't have the Devil you haven't liveD

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

If you don't have the Devil you haven't liveD

Good one. They are terrified of the devil because they are terrified of life. There are tons of thou shalt nots but almost no thou shalls (except you shall kiss the holy butt on a daily basis).
And wing nuts are useful so give bluedog and herald their due, eh!

Niflmir
Those are just what people said about the devil in the bible. If you look at what he actually did, he turns out to be the good guy.

herald
I used to serve the Devil, but there is no life there.

Those who serve the Devil will be cast with him into the lake of fire and be destroyed, while the Christians have eternal life.
Last edited by herald; Jul 18th, 2009 at 07:35 AM..

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by herald View Post

Those who serve the Devil will be cast with him into the lake of fire and be destroyed, while the Christians have eternal life.

It is plain that you work for satan herald and it is plainer still that he has blinded you to your low station and your easily won deserts. There is no devine spirit present in promising others the lake of fire simply because they do not adhere to the modern christian fashion of self congradulation and false adulation of the veneer of the devine. One may spend every minute of ones life in the christian temples and never for a minute be aware of the spirit. A box of turds labeled chocolates does not candy make. peace unto your wretched family

herald
You will find out at The Judgment, when the Lord casts you into the lake of fire and you will be destroyed.

darkbeaver
In the Divine Poemander of Hermes Trismegistus, Book II, we find the following: "My thoughts beingonce seriously busied about the things that be, and my understanding lifted up—all my bodily senses being utterly holden back; methought I saw one of an exceedingly great stature and infinite greatness call me by name, and say to me. What wouldst thou understand to learn and know? Then said I, Who art thou? I am, quoth he, Poemander, the Mind of the Great Lord, the most mighty and absolute Emperor. I know what thou wouldst have, and I am always present with thee . . . I am that Light, the Mind, thy God, who am before the moist nature that appeareth out of the darkness, and that bright and lightful Word from the Mind is the Son of God. How is that? quoth I. Thus, replied he, understand it. That which, in thee, seeth and heareth the Word of the Lord, and the Mind, the Father, God, differ not from one another, and the union of these is life . . . I, the mind, come into men that are holy and good and pure and merciful, and that live piously and religiously, and my presence is a help unto them ; and forthwith they know all things."

Cliffy
Wow Not a word about smoting the one who doesn't know or believe. Imagine that!

lone wolf

You will find out at The Judgment, when the Lord casts you into the lake of fire and you will be destroyed.

I think I dated her....

Cliffy

You are a very poor PR guy for a loving and benevolent god. In fact you turn people off to religion altogether. I think if anybody's ass is going to get fried it will be yours.

Cliffy

I think I dated her....

I lived with her.

I guess I got sloppy seconds, eh!

kiwi_NZ
I always have the devil in me, the same devil over and over. Thank god I only believe in the one devil, he's 6.4" 160kgs and my husband. Cute too, ha!

On a serious note, if there is a god there has to be a devil and vice versa. I neither believe nor disbelieve, guess I'll sit on the fence.

I believe in life after death, spiritualism

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwi_NZ View Post

I believe in life after death, spiritualism

Ooooo! That is tantamount to saying you are a satanist in these parts.

SssssssssssT!!! (crosses both index fingers to form a cross) Ssssssst! (pushes them in satanist's face).

lone wolf
Life after death? Maybe.... I want to be cremated and my ashes mixed in equal measure with a/ well-aged manure and b/ peat moss into which will be planted one healthy sprig of Nothern Ontario ice ... then in a few months, all my friends can have their last toot on me....

Cliffy

Life after death? Maybe.... I want to be cremated and my ashes mixed in equal measure with a/ well-aged manure and b/ peat moss into which will be planted one healthy sprig of Nothern Ontario ice ... then in a few months, all my friends can have their last toot on me....

A very admirable gesture indeed!

istherehelp
in revelation12:9 it says he decieves the whole world. deception is his greatest tool in his war arsenal against God and truth. insidious is deception for the one being decieved does not realize this fact. what is even more cunning the very tool that will unmasked deception he has caused people to lighly regard. 2thes2:9-11 states that those who love the truth that is found in the bible will not be deceived. his tatics will be left naked to those who take God at his word.
that why he is why he works so diligently to depreciate the bible

kiwi_NZ
do I have to be a christian to post in this forum? What is a christian exactly? Just another word for a "religious person"? Woopsies.... if I'm wrong...

If I believe there is a devil does that make me a follower? Surely not
I believe there is a god but I don't preach

istherehelp
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwi_NZ View Post

do I have to be a christian to post in this forum? What is a christian exactly? Just another word for a "religious person"? Woopsies.... if I'm wrong...

If I believe there is a devil does that make me a follower? Surely not
I believe there is a god but I don't preach

deception. how imperceptible it is.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by istherehelp View Post

deception. how imperceptible it is.

I believe if Faith isn't big enough for questions, then it isn't really Faith.

Cliffy
in revelation12:9 it says he decieves the whole world.

istherenosheep,

Duh!! If the whole world is deceived, then brother, you are as well. Like I said, the greatest achievement of the devil was to convince you he is god. Dude/Dudette, you be hooped just like the rest of us.

Liberalman
The only time you see the devil is when you look in the mirror

herald
Not if you have been redeemed. When the Spirit of Christ is within you, He empowers you to obey His Word, and walk in His Spirit.

My allegiance, is to the Scriptures and to the Lord, alone.

Go to worship.net, or, worship.com and see for yourself, how that Christians worship the Lord.

It is by faith, and faith comes by reading His Word. Rom 10:17

Many atheists have read the Scriptures and become Christians.

In the Greek, it reads, "Every Scripture is God breathed..." 2 Tim 3:16.
Last edited by herald; Jul 19th, 2009 at 06:58 AM..

SirJosephPorter
I have read the Bible, and I get the impression that Devil is as strong and powerful as God. A while ago we were discussing the story of Job, and that story illustrates vividly that God and Devil are coworkers, may be in some office in a higher dimension, the office whose job it is to look after our three dimensional universe.

Besides, I have always seen Devil referred to as a ‘he’, why? Devil could very easily be a woman. In fact, seeing how the Devil manipulates God and almost invariably has her way (many times God is frustrated when dealing with the Devil, God loses and he doesn’t know what hit him), I would say chances are very high the Devil is a woman.

All kidding aside, I agree with Liberalman, the Devil is inside us. So is God, there is a bit of God and a bit of devil in all of us.

herald
Ask Him to come into your heart, and then you will have eternal life.

ironsides
Why attach a sex to God or the Devil at all. Then again, since we are starting to lose the Y chromosome, we may have just been a experiment gone wrong, and God is a female playing with us and correcting her mistakes. These beings were around a lot longer than any story in the Bible. Since they managed to have a war with each other, I tend to think they both are Gods and as in any war one lost.

istherehelp
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

in revelation12:9 it says he decieves the whole world.

istherenosheep,

Duh!! If the whole world is deceived, then brother, you are as well. Like I said, the greatest achievement of the devil was to convince you he is god. Dude/Dudette, you be hooped just like the rest of us.

you did not read my whole quote. only those who have a love for truth and principles that resonate from the bible will have their eyes open.

El Barto
I do not believe in the concept of God , nor do I in the Devil.
Man needed to rationalize his existence and label everything , even the things he doesn't understand.
The concept of good and bad starts with physical sensation and then emotional.

On a psychological level , its only there to point the blame or praise .

The human shell is just temporary . What we really are is beyond this IMO and beliefs. I do not believe in this spiritual hierarchy nor of a dominant being of any sort.
Our will is ours alone. We are responsible for the choices we make and what we accept. Not God nor Devil has any power over us ...... period!

SirJosephPorter
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Why attach a sex to God or the Devil at all. Then again, since we are starting to lose the Y chromosome, we may have just been a experiment gone wrong, and God is a female playing with us and correcting her mistakes. These beings were around a lot longer than any story in the Bible. Since they managed to have a war with each other, I tend to think they both are Gods and as in any war one lost.

OK, but who lost? God or Devil?