Whats with all the excitement/paranoia ...


JBeee
#1
...over N. Korea`s recent decision to test some nukes?
I`m of the thought if all countries the US feel an easy target to bully and invade, Iran included, had their own means of defense, the world would be a dam safer place than it currently is.

Obama: N. Korea ‘recklessly challenging’ the world | Antiwar Newswire
 
petros
#2
Now they have one less.
 
Scott Free
#3
The excitement is that they have a different ideology than us and our leaders fear for their jobs.

There is also that the proliferation of such weapons could lead to terrible wars with planetary consequences such as wide spread radiation or currently exploitable territories could cease to be so i.e., they could defend themselves.

We believe in freedom as long as people choose our (western) ideology (corporatism and cleptocracy).

Oh, and for the morons here: don't bother trying to say I'm defending N Korea.
 
petros
#4
Quote:

There is also that the proliferation of such weapons could lead to terrible wars with planetary consequences such as wide spread radiation or currently exploitable territories could cease to be so i.e., they could defend themselves.

The planet has been nuked 2401 times with 527 being above ground and 2 on human targets in 64 years and you don't think there has been any consquences to human life?
 
L Gilbert
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeee View Post

...
I`m of the thought if all countries ..... had their own means of defense, the world would be a dam safer place than it currently is.........

If we all quit killing humans, we'd all be vastly safer from each other. Both solutions are ideal and extremely unlikely and moot.
 
Scott Free
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The planet has been nuked 2401 times with 527 being above ground and 2 on human targets in 64 years and you don't think there has been any consquences to human life?

Oh jeebzus.... here we go....
 
petros
#7
Where ya going? Stop and think about it.
 
L Gilbert
#8
To the kitchen for a cuppa.
 
Colpy
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeee View Post

...over N. Korea`s recent decision to test some nukes?
I`m of the thought if all countries the US feel an easy target to bully and invade, Iran included, had their own means of defense, the world would be a dam safer place than it currently is.

Obama: N. Korea ‘recklessly challenging’ the world | Antiwar Newswire

(sigh) North Korea is a Stalinist state run by a screaming lunatic.

The USA is a liberal democracy run by a freely elected assembly and President.

If you can't tell the difference........well, guess.....
 
JBeee
#10
lol....surely you don`t seriously believe that line, do you Colpy!?

Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

(sigh) North Korea is a Stalinist state run by a screaming lunatic.

The USA is a liberal democracy run by a freely elected assembly and President.

If you can't tell the difference........well, guess.....

 
Scott Free
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

The USA is a liberal democracy run by a freely elected assembly and President.

That just isn't true any more IMO Colpy.

No matter how much they might wish it weren't so their country has so corrupted itself that it has completely morphed into something different.
 
L Gilbert
#12
Either way, N. Korea still has a nutcase running it.
 
Scott Free
#13
I can agree with that.
 
DurkaDurka
#14
The North Koreans have yet to miniaturize their nukes so realistically they could only blow up a chunk of South Korea. Kim Jung is a nut but I still love the Dear Leader.
 
Scott Free
#15
I can agree that he is a horrible leader but does that really warrant an argument for war and killing Koreans through sanctions etc?

What of countries that think the same about an American leader? Does that give them the right to say, fly planes into their buildings?

I don't think it does.

Anyway, the Americans are the most warmongering unstable people on the planet and it is very dangerous for them to have the weapons. I think we should all work on getting rid of their bombs first before worrying about anyone else for the time being.
 
Cannuck
#16
They "violated international law". All those that have been criticizing Dubya the last few years for "violating international law" as well as those that have been critical of Israel for "violating international law" should soon start lambasting N Korea, especially since even the UN including Russia and China have issues (China said it was "resolutely opposed" to the test while the Russian UN ambassador, Vitaly Churkin, told reporters it was "very serious and needs to have a strong response." I can't wait to see the sparks fly.
 
Scott Free
#17
 
Cliffy
#18
And how do we know that Kim Jung is a nut case? Because of US propaganda? Or English propaganda? How do we know that any of the boogy men of the last 100 years were as bad as the propaganda machine made them out to be? Could it be that they were vilified because they would not bow down and kiss Yanky butt? Just look at all the really nasty people that the US supported because they would kiss their butt: Pinoche, the Shaw of Iran, Marcos, Doc (what's his name) of Haiti, etc.

Gi' yor head a shake, eh! How many of you have been to North Korea to see first hand how bad this dude is?
 
Cannuck
#19
Chances are, if the US, China and Russia are all on the same page, it ain't yankee propaganda. I understand how this little snippit of fact gives some folks trouble.
 
DurkaDurka
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

And how do we know that Kim Jung is a nut case? Because of US propaganda? Or English propaganda? How do we know that any of the boogy men of the last 100 years were as bad as the propaganda machine made them out to be? Could it be that they were vilified because they would not bow down and kiss Yanky butt? Just look at all the really nasty people that the US supported because they would kiss their butt: Pinoche, the Shaw of Iran, Marcos, Doc (what's his name) of Haiti, etc.

Gi' yor head a shake, eh! How many of you have been to North Korea to see first hand how bad this dude is?

Kim Jung Il is a nut case, there is not much to argue there... that isn't US propaganda.
 
L Gilbert
#21
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Profile: Kim Jong-il

This is just sick:

Asia Times Online :: Korea News and Korean Business and Economy, Pyongyang News

Had anyone threatened N.K.? If not, why arbitrarily develop as much military as you could?

News From KOREAN CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY of DPRK
 
Scott Free
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Chances are, if the US, China and Russia are all on the same page, it ain't yankee propaganda. I understand how this little snippit of fact gives some folks trouble.

So as proof you submit that Russia and China view NK as a threat therefore it must be a real threat and not just propaganda.

So this also means that since Russia and China see the USA as a threat it too must be a threat and not just propaganda.

Nicely done.

But both Russia and China see the USA as the greatest threat and given the Americans propensity for endless war this view is well warranted.

Therefore disarming the USA, which is the greater threat, should also be the greater priority.

No matter how you feel about NK and its leader the Americans are much more war like and therefore are the greater risk.
 
Cannuck
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

So as proof you submit that Russia and China view NK as a threat therefore it must be a real threat and not just propaganda.

Yankee propaganda. I thought that was pretty clear....let me check....yup, that's what I said.

No matter how you feel about the US and its leader the North Koreans are the issue...as much as it pains folks like you.

I wonder how long it will be before Israel starts getting some of the blame for this?
 
Cliffy
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Kim Jung Il is a nut case, there is not much to argue there... that isn't US propaganda.

So he is a nut case. (I know a lot of harmless nut cases right here in Nakusp.) Does that make him dangerous? There is an exclusive club of deranged psychopaths who have nukes and they don't want anybody else to have that kind of brutal leverage. If any of these bozos can have nukes then everybody should have nukes. But no, only those who are approved Yanky butt kissers can have nukes. And don't give me the nonsense that China is not kissing butt because right now the Chinese practically own the US's butt.

I'm with Scott on this one. The US is the most aggressive and dangerous nation out there and this stuff about Kim is a diversionary tactic to keep attention off the real danger.
 
Cannuck
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

So he is a nut case. (I know a lot of harmless nut cases right here in Nakusp.) Does that make him dangerous?

Um....he has nukes so yes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

There is an exclusive club of deranged psychopaths who have nukes and they don't want anybody else to have that kind of brutal leverage. If any of these bozos can have nukes then everybody should have nukes. But no, only those who are approved Yanky butt kissers can have nukes.

And don't give me the nonsense that China is not kissing butt because right now the Chinese practically own the US's butt.

..and of course Russia. We all know Putin was Dubya's biatch the last eight years.

Why don't you guys give it a rest. We get it. You hate the US. This isn't about your blind hatreds.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I'm with Scott on this one. The US is the most aggressive and dangerous nation out there and this stuff about Kim is a diversionary tactic to keep attention off the real danger.

Actually, it's a diversionary tactic to keep peoples attention off of the CIA and their attempts to fly a 747 into the Hollywood sign.
 
Scott Free
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

No matter how you feel about the US and its leader the North Koreans are the issue...as much as it pains folks like you.

The only reason you think this is that you sympathise with them and share their ideology.

The real issue is that people think they have the right to tell others how to live and run their countries.
 
DurkaDurka
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

So he is a nut case. (I know a lot of harmless nut cases right here in Nakusp.) Does that make him dangerous? There is an exclusive club of deranged psychopaths who have nukes and they don't want anybody else to have that kind of brutal leverage. If any of these bozos can have nukes then everybody should have nukes. But no, only those who are approved Yanky butt kissers can have nukes. And don't give me the nonsense that China is not kissing butt because right now the Chinese practically own the US's butt.

I'm with Scott on this one. The US is the most aggressive and dangerous nation out there and this stuff about Kim is a diversionary tactic to keep attention off the real danger.

Besides operating concentration camps, starving his people, launching missles over Japan etc, yeah, he is nuts. Having nukes is not going to bring prestige or power to NK, it will only further their misery as I'm sure there will be more sanactions coming down the line.

So South Korea and Japan's concern shoudln't be worth anything? They should just sit back and allow crazy Kim to destabilize the region? I'm sure you'll come back with a reply to the effect that they are US stooges and are worthy of getting nuked.
 
petros
#28
Quote:

I'm sure there will be more sanactions coming down the line.

Right on! What a great idea, starving the already oppressed killing millions more is far better than 50,000 POTENTIAL dead Japs or Koreans anyday.
 
DurkaDurka
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Right on! What a great idea, starving the already oppressed killing millions more is far better than 50,000 POTENTIAL dead Japs or Koreans anyday.

It's not my idea, it is reality. Their first nuclear test resulted in only a censure and some meaningless sanctions from the security council. This time I'm sure it will result in a more meaningful punishment.
 
petros
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

It's not my idea, it is reality. Their first nuclear test resulted in only a censure and some meaningless sanctions from the security council. This time I'm sure it will result in a more meaningful punishment.

In reality who is being punished? No Dong Jong Il? Stop them from selling Prada and Rolex knock offs?

The best way to set off a nut job like No Dong Jong and his nukeis to provoke him even further.

Maybe cracking down on jackasses like Bhutto who supply other jackasses would be far better than making millions suffer even more.
 

Similar Threads

3
Ontario's Wind Energy Paranoia
by AndyF | Oct 13th, 2009
19
The united states of total paranoia
by Blackleaf | Jul 3rd, 2006