Possible Obama Assassination Plot


darkbeaver
#1
Possible Obama assassination plot gets little US coverage

By Michael Carmichael

Global Research, August 26, 2008
Planetary

Oddly, an apparent plot to assassinate Barack Obama during his acceptance speech in Denver that led to four arrests on Sunday is getting very little coverage in the US MSM.
It would appear that a blackout is now in force on this story in the US MSM.*


Both Ha'aretz and the Jerusalem Post covered the story detailing the FBI arrests of four subjects now in custody.


Unsubstantiated reports from Moscow allege that the plot was foiled after the FSB intercepted documents in Georgia describing a project code-named: "Operation Drago" -- an assassination plot that was allegedly engineered by a rogue element of high-ranking Israeli military officials.



The Russian report described the plot that involved a disinformation ploy to set up the members of an outlaw motorcycle gang, the 'Sons of Silence,' as expendables to mislead investigators from the actual perpetrators of the operation. The outlaw bikers arrested by the FBI are described as Neo-Nazis.


Ironically, Obama's opponent, John McCain, made a blatant appeal to the racist right by appearing at the massive outlaw biker rally at Sturgis, South Dakota, an annual convention of Neo-Nazis, white supremacists and anti-semites.


Lebanese television is now covering the story of the Denver assassination plot.


Some of the international reports describe the confessions of one the suspects to his part in the plot to assassinate Obama that was scheduled to take place during his acceptance speech at Invesco Field this Thursday by using a high-powered rifle from a high vantage point that would have provided a clear and unobstructed shot at the podium.



Yahoo has covered the story, but its reports do not contain the rich detail of the accounts published by foreign news agencies.


Planetary is monitoring the global coverage of this story and the other coverage, foreign and domestic, of both national conventions.


*The USA is now ranked 53rd on the World Press Freedom Index.
 
DurkaDurka
#2
I read about that briefly via google news, according to the US papers, the culprits were methheads & harmless.

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&tab...ncl=1239969303
 
Scott Free
#3
Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2007

Canada is ranked 18 which is a very poor showing IMO.
 
Avro
#4


 
darkbeaver
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2007

Canada is ranked 18 which is a very poor showing IMO.

Yes it is very poor and lately it's gotten so far from the real story that it's begun to make me accelarate the digging in for the big one. Especially with respect to the Georgia thing. The constant demonization of the Russian enemy has gotten positively criminal and I for one will remember those media stars in my country who spewed the lies for cash.
 
Scott Free
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Yes it is very poor and lately it's gotten so far from the real story that it's begun to make me accelarate the digging in for the big one. Especially with respect to the Georgia thing. The constant demonization of the Russian enemy has gotten positively criminal and I for one will remember those media stars in my country who spewed the lies for cash.

I completely agree. I don't bother much with news media anymore. It has gotten too misleading. I don't even mean by the facts being manipulated but by how the language is used and the message presented. I use the Internet and just try and find the "facts" around a story.

I also think we are being manipulated into accepting WWIII as a necessity.
 
EagleSmack
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Yes it is very poor and lately it's gotten so far from the real story that it's begun to make me accelarate the digging in for the big one. Especially with respect to the Georgia thing. The constant demonization of the Russian enemy has gotten positively criminal and I for one will remember those media stars in my country who spewed the lies for cash.

Wait a minute...the Russian invasion of Georgia was OK? It wasn't criminal?
 
Scott Free
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Wait a minute...the Russian invasion of Georgia was OK? It wasn't criminal?

oh wow...
 
darkbeaver
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

I completely agree. I don't bother much with news media anymore. It has gotten too misleading. I don't even mean by the facts being manipulated but by how the language is used and the message presented. I use the Internet and just try and find the "facts" around a story.

I also think we are being manipulated into accepting WWIII as a necessity.

Ah there's the word, necessity, I have been thinking about necessity since saturday evening, let me run it by you.

"Necessity is the mother of invention". If you have capital there is the necessity to have more. That's demonstratable. What the bankers have done is to back both sides in conflicts, war is the ultimate form of competition because it's fueled by the prime necessity of life, every aspect of a culture is accelarated through expanding invention and including research developement and consumption and capital growth.
We in the capitalist west have been engaged in this accelarated programe of invention and it has been by the design and under the management of the bankers and not the citizens of the free world. War is the ultimate developement tool of the ruling elites. The fascists actually won the second world war.
 
darkbeaver
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Wait a minute...the Russian invasion of Georgia was OK? It wasn't criminal?

You can't have it both ways Smack either Iraq was criminal and Georgia is too or niether is.
What body of law are you referring to? Nobody with a big military has to pay any attention to the law anyway.
The Russian invasion of Georgia was better than O/K, it was perfect.Anytime imperialist scabs get slagged it's beautiful.
 
EagleSmack
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

You can't have it both ways Smack either Iraq was criminal and Georgia is too or niether is.
.

My point exactly...

Soooooo.... where is the liberal outrage? Where is the "Russia out of Georgia" crowd?

Or is it OK for the idols of the left (i.e Russia) to invade where ever they darn well please.

Are they having any big protests about this invasion?

I won't hold my breath.
 
Scott Free
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Ah there's the word, necessity, I have been thinking about necessity since saturday evening, let me run it by you.

"Necessity is the mother of invention". If you have capital there is the necessity to have more. That's demonstratable. What the bankers have done is to back both sides in conflicts, war is the ultimate form of competition because it's fueled by the prime necessity of life, every aspect of a culture is accelarated through expanding invention and including research developement and consumption and capital growth.
We in the capitalist west have been engaged in this accelarated programe of invention and it has been by the design and under the management of the bankers and not the citizens of the free world. War is the ultimate developement tool of the ruling elites. The fascists actually won the second world war.

The Nazi's did win and we are them I've known that for years.

I don't think this time around though bankers are playing that large a role. I see the US Navy and the American military industrial complex as the largest culprits perpetuating the worlds escalation into annihilation.

It's not a plot just a corrupt and broken system that has lost all controls now that government and corporations have gone to bed.

Bankers certainly have a role to play and a massive profit to make but they aren't IMO the architects, not this time anyway.

The US system of intelligence was modelled after Britain's system. Under that system the agencies and political elite needed plausible deniability so they had no political oversight. Oversight was provided by the Navy. In the US this would be the joint chiefs. The US Navy is Americas single largest intelligence agency.
 
Scott Free
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

My point exactly...

Soooooo.... where is the liberal outrage? Where is the "Russia out of Georgia" crowd?

Or is it OK for the idols of the left (i.e Russia) to invade where ever they darn well please.

Are they having any big protests about this invasion?

I won't hold my breath.

You have missed a fundamental point. When the US went into Iraq it was illegal but when Russia went in to Georgia it wasn't.

Do you see the difference? It's a system of law based on precedence. That is if one set of rules apply to one person (or country) those rules apply to everyone.

The fact you would like to have one set of rules applied to your country and another to Russia does not, in fact, make you a victim. It makes you a bully - yet again.
 
darkbeaver
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

The Nazi's did win and we are them I've known that for years.

I don't think this time around though bankers are playing that large a role. I see the US Navy and the American military industrial complex as the largest culprits perpetuating the worlds escalation into annihilation.

It's not a plot just a corrupt and broken system that has lost all controls now that government and corporations have gone to bed.

Bankers certainly have a role to play and a massive profit to make but they aren't IMO the architects, not this time anyway.

The US system of intelligence was modelled after Britain's system. Under that system the agencies and political elite needed plausible deniability so they had no political oversight. Oversight was provided by the Navy. In the US this would be the joint chiefs. The US Navy is Americas single largest intelligence agency.

I certainly can't prove who controls the world but I was told years ago to always follow the money.

The Nazi's did win and we are them I've known that for years.

I think it's very important to understand that and how it got to be that way. When the Axis fell the best inventions of thier dire necessity were carted away to the new center of power itself a vastly different thing than in the previous decade. We are the enemy. haha no wonder I like to medicate.


 
darkbeaver
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

My point exactly...

Soooooo.... where is the liberal outrage? Where is the "Russia out of Georgia" crowd?

Or is it OK for the idols of the left (i.e Russia) to invade where ever they darn well please.

Are they having any big protests about this invasion?

I won't hold my breath.

You're missing the point Smack, your forces and allies were defeated in Georgia, decisively. In ninety percent of the world this is cause for celebration. Do you not realize that your country represents the very real center of evil for all those people? And so you don't feel so alone Smack my quizzling nation is very little better. Get used to the New World Order.
 
Avro
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

My point exactly...

Soooooo.... where is the liberal outrage? Where is the "Russia out of Georgia" crowd?

Or is it OK for the idols of the left (i.e Russia) to invade where ever they darn well please.

Are they having any big protests about this invasion?

I won't hold my breath.

Russia's invasion of Georgia is a legal as Israels invasion of Lebanon.
 
gopher
#17
The correct question to ask is, where is the right wing outrage to the Russian invasion?

After all, you are willing to kill Americans and waste nearly a trillion of our dollars in order to bring about justice. Since you lusted for war on Iraq and now demand the same on Iran, why not do it to the Russians??

Will your hypocrisy ever end?????????
 
darkbeaver
#18
There was no Russian invasion, there was a Russian counter attack and that's all there was except for some consolodation of defenscive positions within Georgia proper.
 
gopher
#19
The issue is far more complicated than appears as Ossetians are not Slavics but rather are of Caucasian origin. This is the same for Abkhazia which has always been inhabited by Georgian tribes.

When the Russians invaded in the 1800s they displaced many Caucasians and repopulated the areas with Russians. The Soviets continued to do the same. This is why locals voted as they did to break away from Georgia.

Rather than get into any prolonged discussion about this, I'll let you accept whatever argument you wish to accept as to who invaded whomever. The key to my reply was that since the right wingers are so willing to start a war and waste nearly a trillion dollars in the name of justice, it is they who are being inconsistent in the application of their "principles". If they had any real principle at all, they would march off to the Caucasus and fight off those ever so wicked Russians.
 
Praxius
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2007

Canada is ranked 18 which is a very poor showing IMO.

Out of 168? Better then most, and nobody's perfect. Probably lose points on not allowing certain opinions being expressed to influence reports, such as what occurs a lot on CNN or Fox.
Last edited by Praxius; Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:09 PM..
 
Praxius
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Yes it is very poor and lately it's gotten so far from the real story that it's begun to make me accelarate the digging in for the big one. Especially with respect to the Georgia thing. The constant demonization of the Russian enemy has gotten positively criminal and I for one will remember those media stars in my country who spewed the lies for cash.

Well I agree on that part.
 
Praxius
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

I completely agree. I don't bother much with news media anymore. It has gotten too misleading. I don't even mean by the facts being manipulated but by how the language is used and the message presented. I use the Internet and just try and find the "facts" around a story.

I also think we are being manipulated into accepting WWIII as a necessity.

That's why I continually post it, and then counter with a straight forward opinion on what they scew up or not.
 
Praxius
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

My point exactly...

Soooooo.... where is the liberal outrage? Where is the "Russia out of Georgia" crowd?

I tied them out back and beat them with my tail like a phone book so I can freely come on here and say they were in their rights to defend the seperatist... but that's for another thread.

Quote:

Or is it OK for the idols of the left (i.e Russia) to invade where ever they darn well please.

HA HA HA HA HA.... sez the guy in the United States. *coughcoughafghanicoughstancoughcoughiraqakackcoug hcough*

Quote:

Are they having any big protests about this invasion?

Maybe because you guys taught us it's ok to do it.

Quote:

I won't hold my breath.

probably a good idea.
 
Praxius
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

The correct question to ask is, where is the right wing outrage to the Russian invasion?

After all, you are willing to kill Americans and waste nearly a trillion of our dollars in order to bring about justice. Since you lusted for war on Iraq and now demand the same on Iran, why not do it to the Russians??

Will your hypocrisy ever end?????????

Nah, he's stuck in that "Stay the Course" paradox, where he thinks it'll eventually work.
 
missile
#25
From the reports of the weaponry seized by the cops, this was a real planned attempt on Obama's life..why is this being played down by the media?
 
EagleSmack
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

I tied them out back and beat them with my tail like a phone book so I can freely come on here and say they were in their rights to defend the seperatist... but that's for another thread.

Beat them with my tail like a phone book? It looks like someone is having a Dennis Miller moment!


Quote:

HA HA HA HA HA.... sez the guy in the United States.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Quote:

Maybe because you guys taught us it's ok to do it.

Then I guess you finally agree. Welcome aboard!



Quote:

probably a good idea.

Glad you think so.
 

Similar Threads

5
2
Iran alleges assassination plot
by Praxius | Jun 20th, 2008