Pagan Culture (Pagan Culture)

marygaspe
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivated View Post

Afriend of mine sends me these when she knows Im down, I thought it go well here.

Go for what you want

"Follow your bliss."

-- Joseph Campbell

It's hard for some of us to believe that the world is served when we seek our own happiness. We've been taught that this is selfish.

If we stop to reflect on how we are in the world when we are happy, we can see how this serves. We have more vitality. We're more loving and generous to others when our own needs are met.

What activities bring you greatest joy? Your unique gift to the world will be found in those pastimes you love the most.

How can you live your joy each day?

"Spiritual growth is not made in reaction against, for all striving against imposed restrictions is imaginary. Spiritual growth is accomplished by inclination toward. We grow like the sunflower, following the light."

-- Joy Houghton

These are some very inspiring quotations, which I think can apply to any faith group, even to us obnoxious Catholics

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by marygaspe View Post

These are some very inspiring quotations, which I think can apply to any faith group, even to us obnoxious Catholics

Yes I totally agree (not the obnoxious part, at least not lately, I just woke up so you get blunt not tact LOL) I Love her little dailys its a great pick me up.

AmberEyes
Tam, I hope you don't mind, but I think I'll be using some of those quotations in my siggy. I think those are rather beautiful.

selfactivated
Be my guest Love.

fatbasturd
Quote: Originally Posted by marygaspe View Post

I was raised as an obnoxious Catholic....and am proud to say that i am now guilt free.
The spirit is the house, and i am but a guest.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by fatbasturd View Post

I was raised as an obnoxious Catholic....and am proud to say that i am now guilt free.
The spirit is the house, and i am but a guest.

You ARE the spirit dear friend We just forget

fatbasturd

You ARE the spirit dear friend We just forget

Actually i am travleing the eight fold path...so i guess you could say i am just renting the house.

selfactivated
Ahhh I see, We have others here on that path also. The Priestess of my local Circle also follows. Its an honour to meet you.

Namaste

fatbasturd
"I am awake" but i have much to learn.....I try to take the good from all religon, after all what ever you choose to label yourself....it is still the same spirit.The honour is mine.
Last edited by fatbasturd; Feb 12th, 2007 at 08:57 PM..Reason: bad manners

AmberEyes

"I am awake" but i have much to learn.....I try to take the good from all religon, after all what ever you choose to label yourself....it is still the same spirit.The honour is mine.

You haven't been here less than day have you? I already like you! Welcome!

fatbasturd
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberEyes View Post

You haven't been here less than day have you? I already like you! Welcome!

Thank you for your kind words.....us Liberal types are quite likeable.

selfactivated

Theres a joke amongst my family........I follow no guru so my Sister says Im Tamist We were brought up Catholic (she still is) and Ive been on a journey thats taken 43 years so far and Im still enjoying the road. Life is to experience not to set seditary in Dogma. But thats my opinion. Unfortunately I hardly ever keep it to myself.

Sparrow
Self, whatever works for you is good. I love your posts and they have something in them for everyone. As FB said why hold to a strict dogma that tries to control even what we think. We have a brain and it is not just for decoration.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

Self, whatever works for you is good. I love your posts and they have something in them for everyone. As FB said why hold to a strict dogma that tries to control even what we think. We have a brain and it is not just for decoration.

If Im totally blunt about it in my opinion I think its about separation and control. In my Faith (and I say faith meaning my hearts belief) I am not seperated from my Goddess or my God they do not control me. The enhance me, they actively exist WITH me not high above. I can always tell when Im allowing Goddess to coexist with me. Im at peace.

mapleleafgirl

Afriend of mine sends me these when she knows Im down, I thought it go well here.

Go for what you want

"Follow your bliss."

-- Joseph Campbell

It's hard for some of us to believe that the world is served when we seek our own happiness. We've been taught that this is selfish.

If we stop to reflect on how we are in the world when we are happy, we can see how this serves. We have more vitality. We're more loving and generous to others when our own needs are met.

What activities bring you greatest joy? Your unique gift to the world will be found in those pastimes you love the most.

How can you live your joy each day?

"Spiritual growth is not made in reaction against, for all striving against imposed restrictions is imaginary. Spiritual growth is accomplished by inclination toward. We grow like the sunflower, following the light."

-- Joy Houghton

where does your friend get them from? i would like to have these come to me too

selfactivated
next one she send I'll send you the link......wait let me look in my trashbox.........we're lucky

http://www.TheDailyGuru.com

fatbasturd

Theres a joke amongst my family........I follow no guru so my Sister says Im Tamist We were brought up Catholic (she still is) and Ive been on a journey thats taken 43 years so far and Im still enjoying the road. Life is to experience not to set seditary in Dogma. But thats my opinion. Unfortunately I hardly ever keep it to myself.

One of the blessings of this world is opinions....they are to people as water is to nature, with out them both neither will grow.

selfactivated

One of the blessings of this world is opinions....they are to people as water is to nature, with out them both neither will grow.

Very True. Ive grown in the past few years to trust my gut and go with my intuition and the stronger I am the freer I am to share my thoughts. But I also know its the wise crone that sits and watches......Im not there yet

fatbasturd

Very True. Ive grown in the past few years to trust my gut and go with my intuition and the stronger I am the freer I am to share my thoughts. But I also know its the wise crone that sits and watches......Im not there yet

I am but a instance in time...quite and calm, listening for the sound of knowledge..

selfactivated

I am but a instance in time...quite and calm, listening for the sound of knowledge..

Your a better man than I.......Im more like a ripple........effecting everything I touch

fatbasturd
Some are farther down the road....but all are equal on the journey.

selfactivated
I'll agree to that. The way Im seeing it is that all paths lead to Sourse We all flow like rivers to the ocean.

fatbasturd
Might I be as bold to ask for more background on your beliefs?

selfactivated
My favorite subject is Me

I am a practicing Wiccan and I also Practice Shamanism, I read everything and take what feels true. I am a Pagan Minister for the local Hospitals and I belong to a Pagan Circle near DC. I am also under the tutalage of 3 priestess' 1 in England 2 here in Virginia.

fatbasturd
Earth magic.... is that a correct term? Very interesting mind set...I am igorant of but the very basic ideals of the belief.
So excuse me in the future if i inguire about statements that you think ...need not an expanlnation.
Think of me as a canvas...and you as an artist.

selfactivated

Earth magic.... is that a correct term? Very interesting mind set...I am igorant of but the very basic ideals of the belief.
So excuse me in the future if i inguire about statements that you think ...need not an expanlnation.

Like I tell the young ones like Maple I love questions and if you dont ask you will never know. Yes we are catagoried as earth based beliefs. But so is Paganism. Thats why I "classify myself as a Pagan" I call my Goddess Fae (as in from Faery folk) and my God is Pan (from the greek) But thos are just names and each name is just a mirror of who I am and what I emulate. Its very simplistic, very childlike. But who learns quicker? A grown man or a child in the state of wonder?

selfactivated
Quote:

Tuesday 13, February 2007

Reflections on effort

The anxious student asked the Zen master how long to enlightenment. The Zen Master answered a long time, at least 10 years. The student said, "Well I will work twice as hard." The Zen master said, "Then it will take 20 years." "No!" said the committed student, "I will work three times as hard." "Well then," said the Zen master, "it will take 30 years."

Do you need to work at being spiritual? No. You already are spiritual. Do you need to work at being human? No. That's just who you are.

The spiritual path doesn't require us to get anything. It's a process of opening to new dimensions of who we already are. It's a process of awakening to our own truth. It's a process of allowing ourselves to be authentic.

"It is not by your actions that you will be saved, but by your being."

-- Meister Eckhart

"People ask what must they become to be loving. The answer is 'nothing.' It is a process of letting go of what you thought you had become and allowing your true nature to float to the surface naturally."

-- Stephen Levine

There is such beauty in synchronicities!!!

AmberEyes

I think that most of us who practice green magic would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. If we can't answer them, we'll show you who can.

fatbasturd
Do not speak- unless it improves on silence.
You can explore the universe looking for somebody who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself,
and you will not find that person anywhere.

selfactivated
Amber! Ive lost that list of things you need help with can you resend it? I'll do that before I go to bed.