What is your favorite mobile phone?

jellyfish16
I'm going to buy new one and now wondering which mobile phone is the best for me. My friend recommended Samsung GalaxyS2 to me. It is released lately. is it really quite good in some parts? (function , cost etc...) it seems to be getting popular now especially among young people and in U.K.

what is your favorite moblie phone? which one is worth buying?

samsung galaxys2

Praxius
The one I am looking at is the HTC Trophy with Windows Phone 7 OS

HTC - Products - HTC 7 Trophy - Overview

I don't like IPhones, in fact I hate mac products in general, and my wife has a Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 mini pro with Android and I personally have no interest in phones using Android after playing around with it.

I used an HTC Trophy with Win7 and it's pretty sweet, flows nicely, has many of window's typical programs & operations and just impresses me.... that and it's not bulky or too large to hold like most other phones.

I was also looking at the Blackberry Torch

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones...4-000007718dbe

However it doesn't have the best support here in Australia, but it's a very close second

cranky
I bought a HTC Desire Z. It looks a lot like the HTC that prax posted but it is thicker because it has a slide out keyboard as well as the touch screen. I find that i use both steady.
The Dezire Z works great with google apps as it is an Android. It was really cool because when i left the store, my phone was already filled with my address book simply by syncing it google which i have been using for several years.

My wife has the Iphone and claims that everyone that she meets really likes their Iphone. I think it is a good choice for her, but i also think the htc was a good choice for me because i use google apps so much.

Both phones are easy to use. I have no problemusing her phone, and she has no problem using mine.

taxslave
One that works.

petros
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
The one I threw out the truck window 6 years ago.

jellyfish16
thank you for reply, i have to consider more products including them

petros
+1
The one in the ditch between here and Moose Jaw.

masterresetcom
i Love the Galaxy Nexus it must be the best phone in the market!

Kakato
I could not find a galaxy today so I got an I-phone 4s
Maybe the truckloads of nickels Samsung paid to Apple has something to do with it in the last patent infringement case.

I love this phone so far,Siri can be a real biotch at times but she will still try and find you a hooker or beer joint if you ask her.
I love the voice to text she does also,no more typing on those little buttons with my fat fingers and all I have to do is say send a text to (buddy) on my contact list and she makes it happen.

She schedules appointments,gives you reminders of things you have to do,makes phone calls and is basically an assistant that costs nothing.
Last edited by Kakato; Sep 1st, 2012 at 05:40 PM..

ethansamuel17
The best phone of mine is iPhone 4s. I am very much impress by the apps in 4S specially the SIRI because it plays all role for you in routine business as well as personal life. The tablet of iPad also helps me to maintain all data.

MapleDog
I don't have one yet,but when i do get one,it won't be the Cr-Apple brand.

IdRatherBeSkiing
I loved my iPhone4 before it was stolen. I will be replacing it with the iPhone5 when it comes out. This is my only Apple product (not a Mac lover) but it does everything I need it to do and more.

But try out the demo phones and see what you like. Android phones ususally expose more under the covers and if you are into the work of tuning everything just right, and you like the Android UI, it may be fine.

JLM
+1
One that is either turned off or in use where I can't hear it!

Aadamgibson
I like to suggest you to purchase Galaxy s3 android mobile.

Praxius
I got the Nokia Lumina 800 - Windows 7.5 OS:

I don't like Nokia, mainly due to their default ring tone they've been using since they started, that annoying "Nun Na Nu, Nun Na Nu, Na Nu Nu Na NUuuuuuu"

Though that IPhone "Doonk a Dook Doonk, Dun Da Duunk Doonk" ringtone is taking the damn cake these days..... fk, makes me want to punch a puppy in the face every time I hear that.

Did I say Puppy? I meant Yuppie.... or one of those idiots in Starbucks typing their novel on their Macbook, with their turtlenecks, 60's style thick glasses, sipping their late and thinking they're sophisticated and unique with their mac products.... as if they're not part of the trend and having their own identity.

bullsh*t on that.... *punch*

But yeah... I love the Windows OS and the phone does a lot more than I was originally expecting.

Though they now have the Lumina 900 with 4G capabilities..... but I just got the 800, so I'll stick with that for a while.
Last edited by Praxius; Sep 18th, 2012 at 07:34 AM..

DaSleeper
I like the IPhone 4S, and the app in it that connects to my car through OnStar so that I can get an instant diagnostic, remotely check my gas and oil, lock/unlock the doors remotely, start, even stop the car if it's in "Park" from miles away (That's actually pretty useless to me)
even find my car in a large (outside) parking lot.
And lots more.............

tay
What is your favorite mobile phone?

The free one I get from work.

It's older and isin't set up to take pictures but it does what it was intennded to do.

If I didn't have this one, I wouldn't have one at all. I have no burning issues that require me to keep in constant contact with anyone else I know.

JLM
What's my favourite can opener? What's my favourite potato peeler? What's my favourite paper clip? W.G.A.F?

Praxius
Oh yeah, my Lumina 800 / Win7.5 also sync'd with both my hotmail accounts, added all my email contacts from those and sync'd with my Facebook account, combining all my contacts from all three into a big contact list, which is surprisingly easy to jump through when I need to.

The phone also came with Nokia Drive which is an impressive GPS, very accurate, and even notes the speed limit on the road I am currently on (and switches the speed limit basically as you pass the sign on the road) showing the limit in the Aussie street sign style, as well as beeps at me when I go over the limit, which is a good thing since they have frigging speed cameras all over the damn place & will fine you if you're just 2-3 km over the speed limit (which is bs, but for another topic)

It also has a cool map/location app pre installed which is more detailed and up to date than Google Earth. Hell, if i zoom in far enough i can see streets and houses on Cape Sable Island, NS. Which last i saw on Google Maps/Earth, it was all blurry forest textures. I even was able to show my co-worker her old house at the air base her and her family lived at in South Africa.

Not to mention it includes Microsoft Office, with Word, Excell and Powerpoint & Skydrive.

As for a talking assistant, there's a really good free app that I installed that does very well with voice requests, can understand various accents, and be a bit of a smart ass from time to time as well, which you can change her appearance, make into a female or male, and change their name.

Once, I asked her to "Change your name to Skank" and she replied, "Can you go 5 minutes without being a pervert?"

I laughed.

And of course the apps are plentiful.

Oh did I mention it also comes with XBox Live? I'm not a fan of the XBox, but it's pretty cool, with some pretty good games.

And I also have Adobe Reader... Not sure if that's on IPhones.

One more thing, not sure if other phones do this, but you know how on WinXP/Vista/7 you can alt+tab to quickly jump between open programs? Or in Win7 how you can WindowsKey+Tab to pan between programs? Well the phone does that too & can have several things open at once with no performance drop and quickly slides/jumps between program to prgram.

Oh, and it has the Zune player for mp3s, videos, radio stations and podcasts.

I've said for years that I wasn't ever going to get a phone unless it did what I wanted and worked as I expected, and this phone has gone beyond my expectations.

I'm actually posting this from my phone

I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I don't even know about yet.

Oh, how could I even forget, it has the latest Internet Explorer browser, with tabs that are easy to flick between, which is what I'm using right now to post.

Here's a pretty accurate review on the Nokia Lumina 800:

Nokia Lumia 800 Review: You Had Me At Gorgeous
Nokia Lumia 800 Review: You Had Me At Gorgeous | Gizmodo Australia

Pretty good copy/paste feature too, lol.

The 4G Nokia Lumina 900 is available now.... Screw the over glorified mac crap.

The above review is a bit dated it seems, as most of the noted negatives are not present on my phone, nor have I experienced any of them. But it is visually nice, smooth interface, quick response, the touch screen is vastly better than say my wife's Sony Ericsson (android), and my boss has the Samsung Galaxy S2 I think it's called (also android) and he likes it, but the gps is kind gimpy and gives you bad directions from time time & sometimes has bad timing, and after playing around a bit on my phone, he thought it was very professional looking, smooth in operation and if he knew about the phone before he got his Samsung, he would have picked it up.
Last edited by Praxius; Sep 18th, 2012 at 09:35 AM..

Fletch
Im lucky enough to be Beta-testing the Blackberry 10 device (I work in the semiconductor industry). and I can tell you that you may want to "hold on" as long as you can till it is released. It will have a higher resolution display than the up-coming Iphone 5, The display is larger, typing is like something out of star-trek and the performance and multitasking is an experience like no other phone. The Audio Codec is Light-years beyond anything out there now and the whole experience is something that i dont think any other manufacturer can replicate fo at least 2 years.. Both the front and rear facing camera's are spectacular in low-light conditions and simply out-performs anything that i have seen to date. And its THIN!!

PoliticalNick
Me and my family are HTC users. I have an Incredible S, she has a new One S and the boy has an HT7. All work great and have access to marketplace/play store. Lots of great apps, great quality cameras etc, etc. We are all happy.

ericlewis107
iPhone 4 is My best mobile and love it because of its function like 5 mp camera flash light, high processor and jailbreak is also available.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I loved my iPhone4 before it was stolen. I will be replacing it with the iPhone5 when it comes out. This is my only Apple product (not a Mac lover) but it does everything I need it to do and more.

But try out the demo phones and see what you like. Android phones ususally expose more under the covers and if you are into the work of tuning everything just right, and you like the Android UI, it may be fine.

Next time d.load the app "find my I phone" to your laptop.
It works with I-pads also and will locate your phone on a map and you can also lock it and erase all the data remotely from your laptop.

Unfortunately it is still apple and I thought MS was bad for bugs and crashes.

Quote: Originally Posted by ethansamuel17 View Post

The best phone of mine is iPhone 4s. I am very much impress by the apps in 4S specially the SIRI because it plays all role for you in routine business as well as personal life. The tablet of iPad also helps me to maintain all data.

I got Siri trained,she is my bitch and knows it now.We even had an argument the other day.
I purchased a Sony handycam last month,the I-phone camera is allmost as good as the sony.This is from my phone.
Last edited by Kakato; Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:36 AM..