Why Women MUST be Beaten - Islam Says So.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by Toro View Post

Are we misinterpreting this article?

This is what it says

Does he really mean "beating" as we understand it?
[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

True enough.... The term "browbeating" on a witness stand has nothing to do with smacking anyone around - or beating up a runway involves nothing of violence. How about that cop walking a beat? Semantics are a funny thing....

Woof!

MikeyDB
Beve

If you think for a moment that any oppressive regime will suffer at the gas pumps for the way they treat women....I've got some swamp land in Florida for you...

The mental masturbation of moaning and thrashing of hands when issues of inhumanity are brought to the attention of the great unwashed satisfies the thrasher's belief in their moral superiority...and that's about it. When it comes to filling up at the gas pump, the wads of money that are paid by these same "morally superior" nutbars to the Saudis and regimes that have practiced de-humanization of women and children for centuries is conveniently forgotten.

It's nearly impossible (and certainly isn't appreciated by the caliber of people driving SUVs today) to get them to connect the enabling of these barbarians in mistreating and marginalizing women and children to the gas pumps that have supplied these hypocritical anti-life Moslem and Islamic regimes. Apparently it's far more serious when American corporations contract with Matel and Fisher Price for toys that are dangerous and poisonous to American children than it is when the danger involves anyone else....

Don't rely on these people to think Beve they don't and haven't for a very long time.

jimshort19
Tenpenny, this regarding Ismaili women worldwide, from the Ismaili Womans' Forum"

"These Ismaili women are not a homogenous group. They span all socio-economic levels, and represent a number of different cultures. Nevertheless, these women also share some of the same problems. In London and Nairobi, Singapore and Tananariv, Bombay and Toronto, women face similar hurdles, and develop similar solutions. Many of them are prohibited from working outside the home; they have limited access to employment opportunities, technology, markets and credit facilities, and face barriers to upward mobility in their chosen careers. Although they are educated, and have an extensive range of institutions at their disposal, these are not utilized to their full potential."

The generalisation that Muslim women have a great cause in freedom and equality at this time is valid. Any attempt to disconnect religion from the present evil is made more difficult by those who use religion to excuse evil. Islam is not the first religion to be made infamous for it's dark side proponents. But it is happening and as sure and as long as the headlines feature more bad news than good, it will go on. But this is the beginning of the end of radical Islam and religious tyranny worldwide. Our time is an hour of the long birth of an age in which women will take the reins that were once the reigns of violence, take them by peaceful means, will take them by consent. See if the next 1,000 years looks like that last 1,000 years. But we cannot see. Hope then.

unclepercy
Well, I guess I have been wrong all along about Canada. I've been reading this forum about 2-3 years, and I have never heard one mention that Canada accepted wife beating as "justified" -- to end a fight. I do not know any such women, nor have I ever heard anyone say smacking your wife was OK. And I live in Texas.

If a man did that to me, I would break my arm fighting back.

Uncle

Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

When our society started REALLY pushing to stop violence against women, it wasn't a whole lot different guys. There were people speaking against women's rights, and yes, some of them were women. I don't really get why it's so shocking or appalling. It's our past too. Even in this day and age I know western women in their 40's and 50's who think a good smack is a justified way to end a fight. Change isn't instantaneous. But the fact that they are even having to write articles trying to justify and keep violence 'okay' is evidence that change has begun.

RomSpaceKnight
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

There was an interesting documentary about the Aga Khan on Vision TV the other day. For want of a better analogy, he is like the Pope to Ismaili Muslims, which is a small sect. Ismaili muslims firmly believe in equality and women's rights. It was very, very interesting.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that all of Islam is the same, any more than Greek Orthodox Christians are the same as Southern Baptists. There is a HUGE difference.

Exactly. Moderate Islam does not condone wife beating anymore than moderate New Testament Christians do. Just because some illiterate goat herder type says his religion lets him beat his wife does not make it a religious tenet.

Abortion doctor killing is ok by Christianity. Hatred and bigotry toward homosexual is a Christian tenet. The man is head of the household and women should be subservient and dress modestly is a Christian belief.

You see what I mean. If you pick and choose your examples then any religion or culture can be construed as misogynist, homophobic and morally bankrupt.

Don't perpetuate negative stereotypes. Those who do walk a thin line between bigotry and ignorance.

gopher
Why children must be beaten:

Proverbs 13:24; 19:18; 22:15; 23:13,14; 29:15

Why? Because the Christian Bible says so! Therefore, if Islam is to be condemned, then the same standard must be applied to Christianity.

mrgrumpy
I don't understand all this outrage.

The Christian Bible treats women even worse. Valued at less than cattle and stoned for adultery are the fate of half the world according to these Divinely Inspired texts!

"It will yet be the boast of women that they contributed not a single line to the Holy Bible." The same, I assume can be said of the Koran.