BELL MOBILITY AT ITS WORST - DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM (Bell Mobility Contract)

Kreskin
They all suck. My Telus contract expired in June. They wanted me to sign up for a new contract for their special price. I said just give me the special price. I didn't sign or agree to anything but notice they now have me on a two year contract. They can call it what they want. As far as I'm concerned it's open ended and they have the privilege of getting more than enough from me, while I stay on. If they don't like it they can shove it.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

They all suck. My Telus contract expired in June. They wanted me to sign up for a new contract for their special price. I said just give me the special price. I didn't sign or agree to anything but notice they now have me on a two year contract. They can call it what they want. As far as I'm concerned it's open ended and they have the privilege of getting more than enough from me, while I stay on. If they don't like it they can shove it.

I've never signed any kind of a contract with Telus. I'm one of those people who dealt with B.C. Tel for twenty five or thirty odd years before Telus took over.. I think I got a welcoming letter but so far I've never seen a contract.

NorthernSun
When my friend got a cellphone from Bell they charged him 1200 dollars on his first bill even though he has a 30 dollar plan. They have the best service where I live, but I would never ever use them. I am thinking of getting Fido even though the service is bad where I live...

scratch
Tough trade off.

rodney2009
well I got told by presadent that they got a spending cap and i asked for it they denied me and same for month to month and my old room mates wacked up bill used my name and so on so now I cant get phone from them till this 1 thousand doller some what is paid off anyhow I got called asked to go pay go I said no cause they will shut me off and was told no so I went for it on my own blackberry and guess what it was shut off so I will have to think 2 times before going with them Also reps in stores are quite rude to customers. were I live. Rodney

rodney2009
I said why the heck do U think I come in with ID in Person duh and still no luck I dont get why they credit companys put on there u tryed such date and month when not approved like equafax and so on

silverhaze
in a matter that has taken place, it is a matter of fraud that bell has been doing to an account that i have with them, this has taken place for over two yrs now. I was sold a cell phone from a bell store, stating that the cell phone i bought would be able to email,t.v,serious radio,instant messaging,text,etc.
when this phone was SOLD to me they reassured me that the phone was set up for email,after a long trial and error i realized that this phone is not email compatable.After many phone calls with bell, and their customer service told me that the reason i cant get my email logged into is because there is a glitch with the phone itself, and there is no fix to this phone as of yet, which a bell tech told me two nights ago well i spent hrs with him(which they dont have logs for now all of a sudden) i called back yet again after work and spoke to a customer support (who's name i did take) and then they passed me over to there manager ( name i took as well) they tried to give me the same deal that the other customer support gave me three nights ago which is a 50$ credit and long distance which i don't use, if i had my email i wouldn't need long distance....... i am out 400 dollars for the orig phone, and also being charged for email access on my phone for two years which cant be used due to there system... and have been charged 5.00 $per month for two yrs... this is fraud plain and simple... and now they are offering me the 50 $credit and some other things that i don't need, instead of correcting there mistake, they are offering me the credit to put to a new phone which is expected for me to pay out of my pocket again, i am already out over a 1000$ with this company to get this one issue resolved... they have done nothing but argue, and treat me with disrespect mean while i have been a loyal customer of there's for a good 15 yrs, and my bill alone is 110$+ a month for the cell phone a lone, and that's not including my land line and the bell satellite i had also.... i have spent a good chunk of money on this company and cant believe there frauding me... and to make matters worse i have told them i am very unsatisfied and want to cancel my remaining services with them , and they slapped me with a 299.00 fine to cancel with hem, now on top of the fraud, and the 1000 dollars i have spent. I'm think its very sad that a company messes up and a tries to pull a stunt like this on a single parent, trying to make ends meet. so in the end of this i have to come up with another 400.00+ to fix this situation even though they admitted they new it was there mistake!!!
pls im hoping to get something sorted out here..can anything be done about this frauding company???? I have no other means to get this fixed and thought someone here might be interested to know that a company like bell is knowing frauding many ppl who are with the bell company as well how many other ppl are out thousands like I am ???The cell phone model is samsung model U740 ....ps they have known for two years this phone not capable of the features they are selling with it

thank you for your time
a concerned citizen

TenPenny
I think there's a problem with your computer keyboard, too - it doesn't seem to have a 'return' key, so you can't type in paragraphs.

DurkaDurka
How exactly does the e-mail fail to work?

kimmilil
Hi I hear you. We had a 3 year contract with bell mobility and then afetr it was up it went to month to month. One phone was cancelled in september(2 months after the contract expired) and the other was a stand alone . They charged me an extra month service because 30 days notice was not given. Ok thats fine. BUUTT heres the kicker. They never actually cancelled the service (so they say) and have kept billing us for month after month after month for over 1 year now. WE have called every single month since cancelling in September stating that we are still being billed for a phone that was cancelled in September of 2008. There are millions of notes on the account and yet no one can get their s**t together and do as we the customer requests. We have paid the bill for the phone that was still in service every month on time with even a little overpayment. And do you know what the f***ers did. The terminated the service for the operating phne for nonpayment and yet payment was received by them every single month. They now have the audacity to say that the phone was never requested cancelled. What a pile of S**T. They have notes on the account every month that we have called in. What the H*ll do they think we are calling them for ??? TO talk causae we have nothing better to do??? WTF is wrong with these idiots!!!!????NO wonder Bell is losing so many customers they S**K!!!!!! WE have Id numbers and names of people we have spoken to and yet they still do nothing!!! People be warned Bevery very careful when dealing with Bell. They will screw you over. !!!!!!!!!!

Risus
I have been using Bell Mobility for years and have had no problems with them whatsoever.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I have been using Bell Mobility for years and have had no problems with them whatsoever.

Have you made any changes with them? Try asking to speak to a supervisor. They tell you that you cannot speak to a supervisor and when you insist that one call, what you get is someone calling that is from another country and when you ask them why they are calling from another country (shows on the call display), they deny they are and they actually don't seem to know that they are. That's the real scary part.
I was told the same crap as the other person. I have to give them 30 days notice or they will charge my credit card with another month. I asked them to tell me where to return their equipment to and they didn't tell me. I will never use Bell again ever.

Bren1980
I too have had my share of issues with Bell Mobility. Starting with the fact that I hadn't received a bill in six months after I asked them to send me a paper bill since the electronic billing wasn't working properly. They never sent it. I moved changed my address with them.

A month after I moved they suprisingly never got my change of address. A month later they cut my phone off. I called in to find out why when I haven't gotten any bills. They proceed to tell me I haven't changed my address. I again gave them my change of address. Still no paper bill in the mail a month later. I have no problem paying my bill if I know what I am paying for! So after another month of not knowing I called again and was extremely frustrated that I just cancelled my phone with them and shockingly less than a week after that I got all my bills for the past six months in the mail all in a big envelope.

So despite all my attempts to contact Bell nicely about this I contacted the Ombudsman who forwarded me to the Executive office at which the guy was all about how they do nothing wrong and he couldn't help me so I asked to speak to his supervisor and told me he would take my name and number and have them call me but would not provide me with a name and number to contact them directly..

I will never deal with Bell Canada on anything. Thier service is deplorable....

Avro
I've had Bell my whole life, never had one issue on any of their services.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

I've had Bell my whole life, never had one issue on any of their services.

If you've had Bell your whole life then you must be extremely young!
Try quitting!. They will give you nothing but trouble. We got story after story. We cannot even use Bell or any other satellite company where we now live (strata rules for placement of the dish). One person at Bell stated that they would charge us a final balance of $14.00 and they would send us the box to return our rented PVR to them. It never arrived after a month of waiting for it. We did receive a threatening phone call from them though stating that we owed something like $200 - 300 for not cancelling in time (I cannot remember the amount but it was ridiculously high). We thought it must be a mistake so we ignored it and continued to wait for "the box". We did have to pay for something like an extra 3 or 4 days that I believed we owed that was past the actual billing date we had paid up to. I paid it. Then we got a nasty phone call from them telling us our huge bill was going to collections. My husband explained everything to the person calling but instead of trying to get to the root of the problem, they simply said it was going to collections and they hung up on him. Finally the box arrived with the $14.00 + tax bill inside. We loaded up the PVR, paid the money and have not heard since. I have never had a look at our credit so I don't know if it's been added to our name or not. I don't know where to look at a credit rating. I do know that I tried to sign up for a credit card for my son over the past week (in my name and the Bell account was in my name) and I was doing so on line and was turned down immediately. I didn't really mind being turned down because I really didn't want to open the account. Marriage break-ups cause enough debt as it is and it is my true feeling that he's better off waiting to get new things for his house. None of us know whether or not he will need them in the coming months. That said - I would still like to do a credit check and see why I was turned down. There is no other reason at all.

Avro
They have given me no reason to quit.

I've had bell for about 22 years.

VanIsle

We may not have quit either other than they continued to add charges without notifying us first and as I said - we cannot use Bell here. Just little monthly charges or rate raises. I can say that their programming is far superior to Shaw's. Not too happy with what we have now (Shaw Digital) but I have to take the time to sit down with a TV mag. and see just what we have ordered before I start my whine.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

We may not have quit either other than they continued to add charges without notifying us first and as I said - we cannot use Bell here. Just little monthly charges or rate raises. I can say that their programming is far superior to Shaw's. Not too happy with what we have now (Shaw Digital) but I have to take the time to sit down with a TV mag. and see just what we have ordered before I start my whine.

We have Shaw direct and I have been happy with them as well.

VanIsle

We have Shaw direct and I have been happy with them as well.

I think we will be too. We just didn't take the time to choose our programming very well. It's one of those things I usually do but this time hubby took charge. I'll get it fixed over the next week or so here. Hours at work have been cut so drastically that I should have nothing but time on my hands.

cdn_bc_ca
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

I have never had a look at our credit so I don't know if it's been added to our name or not. That said - I would still like to do a credit check and see why I was turned down.

there are several online sites that allow you to check your credit. here are a couple reputable ones:
1. Equifax - Equifax Canada Home
2. TransUnion - TransUnion Canada –Check Your Credit Report & Credit Score Online

Both require you to pay though. Your credit score is pretty important so I would resolve this issue with Bell if they have filed something against you.

The other thing is that if you have a good financial history with a bank, they should be able to give you a credit card easier than if you just walked into any bank.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by cdn_bc_ca View Post

there are several online sites that allow you to check your credit. here are a couple reputable ones:
1. Equifax - Equifax Canada Home
2. TransUnion - TransUnion Canada –Check Your Credit Report & Credit Score Online

Both require you to pay though. Your credit score is pretty important so I would resolve this issue with Bell if they have filed something against you.

The other thing is that if you have a good financial history with a bank, they should be able to give you a credit card easier than if you just walked into any bank.

Thanks. I was hoping someone would respond . I don't mind paying to find out. I forgot about Equifax. Years ago, the bank turned us down for a loan and again - we could not understand why. The girl we were dealing with at the bank said "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but, check on Equifax for your credit rating. We were shocked. It turns out that my husband's name in particular is rather common. We had debts listed as outstanding from places we had never lived in nor visited! It takes awhile to clear all that. I put his name on Facebook one day (searching) and was amazed that I found 6 pages of people with the same name.

cdn_bc_ca
I guess your husband was a victim of identity theft. How did you get it cleared up? Did you have to call all the institutions that put a note on the credit report?

kimmilil

I am so happy for you . You must be an exception, We had Bell for over 10 years with no issues and then once cancelled one cellphone that was month to month after 3 years on a contract that ended, the crap started!!

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by kimmilil View Post

I am so happy for you . You must be an exception, We had Bell for over 10 years with no issues and then once cancelled one cellphone that was month to month after 3 years on a contract that ended, the crap started!!

I must be the exception as well. I lost my cell phone once and they bent over backwards helping me out. They gave me a new phone no charge the same day I discovered it missing. They were very helpful.

Ron in Regina
Here's a story about an issue with a phone company, & how it was resolved.
It's not BELL....but it might give some idea for those that're having issues....

A while back, a U.S. collection agency (out'a New Jersey) was using a "ghost
number" for their collection calls (meaning a fake phone# would show up on
peoples call displays, so that they might answer the phone, assuming that they
wouldn't answer if they knew it was the collection agency calling).

As coincidence would have it, that fake "ghost number" in the U.S. happened to
be our very real toll free 1-866 phone number for our business up here in Canada.

People from all over the USA would call this fake# on their call displays back and
would reach a Canadian Trucking company (on that Canadian Trucking companies
dime) who'd have no clue why these people where calling at first. Once we figured
out what was going on, we contacted the security division of our own phone company
(name withheld) to inform them....and we where blown off....told it was our problem...
that it would be impossible to track down...and that our only option was to change our
phone number that we'd had for close to a decade, & that all of our customers and
drivers and such knew. That wasn't going to happen...yet our phones where clogged
with all these incoming calls from US Folks that owed money to this collection
agency.

Anyway, we figured it out on our own in an afternoon, called our Phone Company back,
and gave them not only the name of the collection agency, but which call center in New
Jersey that was using our phone# as a ghost number. Still our phone company would do
nothing about this.....Hmmmm....

We contacted the collection agency and resolved the matter ourselves, having them
stop using our phone# (which wasn't on a list of used 866 #'s registered in the USA),
but they wouldn't pay for all the calls we received from their clients. Our phone company's
Security told us that someone had to pay for all of those calls, and that it would be impossible
for them to collect on that bill from a US based company (sounding very familiar), so the
calls (and the tab for all those calls) was still our problem.

Using the internet, we looked up who was the President of our phone company, and
got through to his personal assistant, letting her know the complete story, including the
names of everyone we'd dealt with at our phone company by name & department....with
a subtle drop in the conversation that we'd gladly take our story to the media if need be.

She called us back shortly, and was very willing to cooperate with us in clearing up this
issue. She sent word down the chain, and though it was very brittle & tense dealing with
the same folks (& I mean the exact same people) who'd been blowing us off and telling us
repeatedly before that things where impossible to resolve and that it was our problem,
things got resolved very quickly after that.

Maybe there's a clue for someone having an issue with BELL in my story. Starting at the
top and working down might be an option if starting at the bottom & getting nowhere isn't
working for you. Most businesses want your business (= your money) and do not want any
negative publicity that might affect their bottom line.

DurkaDurka
Bell escalation process. Note, proceed to steps 3 & 4 if you are not satisfied @ the CSR & Supervisor level. Steps 3 & 4 are Customer relations & the office of the Vice President.

Complaint escalation process- bell.ca