Future of Religion

Ron in Regina
#31
Some people "opt-out of the gene pool" after a child or two, so
that they can give a good (financially stable) life to a few kids
instead of an impoverished existence to many-many children.
____________________________
 
karrie
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

Numbers don't lie but what I find funny is the notion that Islam is somehow more dangerous than Christianity.

The propaganda I spoke of would be that we're going to lose our own freedom of religion because we granted Muslims theirs, as the OP suggested. The numbers don't lie, but, the idea of their motive sure can, especially, as you say, when it makes stupid assumptions that they are somehow a 'worse' religion.
 
Scott Free
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

The propaganda I spoke of would be that we're going to lose our own freedom of religion because we granted Muslims theirs, as the OP suggested. The numbers don't lie, but, the idea of their motive sure can, especially, as you say, when it makes stupid assumptions that they are somehow a 'worse' religion.

It's funny isn't it? The Indigenous people lost their freedom of religion to Christian invaders (as have so many others) so the Christians really do know its possible and perhaps, at some level, it's even justice they fear. Maybe that's why they assume Muslims would be as brutal?
 
SirJosephPorter
#34
Incidentally, I remember conservatives making a similar argument. Their argument is made gleefully, not sorrowfully. Apparently there is statistical evidence to show that conservatives have more children than liberals, that birth rate among liberals is much lower than among conservatives.

So the argument here is that in a generation or so, most of the liberals will die out and an overwhelming majority of people will be conservatives, that liberalism will be dead and buried forever.

They wish. Anyway, if both the predictions are true, then in a generation or so, there will be a Muslim majority and a conservative minority, with no liberals around. Good luck to them both.
 
gerryh
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

I don't like religion. They all try to dominate. It doesn't matter which one succeeds. The only tragedy is that one of them is about to and we're going to enter a dark age, probably long, brutal and bloody if history is any indicator, one that is likely to last as long as the one imposed on us by Christianity.

That is the tragedy IMO.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

It's funny isn't it? The Indigenous people lost their freedom of religion to Christian invaders (as have so many others) so the Christians really do know its possible and perhaps, at some level, it's even justice they fear. Maybe that's why they assume Muslims would be as brutal?


It sounds to me like you are one of those that is "fearing" the "muslim hordes"

BTW....Christianity didn't bring in the Dark Ages...man did, using Christianity as his club. If it wasn't Christianity it would be something else. People like you use "religion" as YOUR cop out for humanity. Mankind is capable of very horrendous things, including using religion as a cop out so that the fingers don't point at him.
 
Socrates the Greek
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

Incidentally, I remember conservatives making a similar argument. Their argument is made gleefully, not sorrowfully. Apparently there is statistical evidence to show that conservatives have more children than liberals, that birth rate among liberals is much lower than among conservatives.

So the argument here is that in a generation or so, most of the liberals will die out and an overwhelming majority of people will be conservatives, that liberalism will be dead and buried forever.

They wish. Anyway, if both the predictions are true, then in a generation or so, there will be a Muslim majority and a conservative minority, with no liberals around. Good luck to them both.

Good day to you SJP, they would deserve each other so rightly.....
If I am not mistaken SJP, in the past there has been more Conservatives who became Liberal then Liberals who have become Conservatives.
 
Scott Free
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

It sounds to me like you are one of those that is "fearing" the "muslim hordes"

It is reasonable to be cautious of any religious hoard. Hoards in general should be taken seriously really.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

BTW....Christianity didn't bring in the Dark Ages...man did, using Christianity as his club. If it wasn't Christianity it would be something else. People like you use "religion" as YOUR cop out for humanity. Mankind is capable of very horrendous things, including using religion as a cop out so that the fingers don't point at him.

I don't think that is true.
 
darkbeaver
#38
The future of religion depends on truth in education. Spirituality must not be allowed to wallow in mere religion which of course trys to standardize and monopolize a dynamic natural atribute that grows with awareness. Organizing the spirit leads to dogma dogma to religion religion to exclusivism exclusivism to slavery war and ruin.
 
karrie
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

The future of religion depends on truth in education. Spirituality must not be allowed to wallow in mere religion which of course trys to standardize and monopolize a dynamic natural atribute that grows with awareness. Organizing the spirit leads to dogma dogma to religion religion to exclusivism exclusivism to slavery war and ruin.

Now, while I still attend church, I echo this sentiment to a HUGE degree!!!

So nicely put db.
 

Similar Threads

4
New religion
by Walter | Jun 14th, 2007
9
The New Religion
by shamus11 | Mar 24th, 2006