Houston Astros Win World Series

Mowich
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
It was the Astros game from the start. Great pitching and early RBIs on the board were enough to hold off LA. It was a great game. Apparently, this is an historic win for Houston - so good on them.

I think the final was 5 - 1. I know for sure the Dodgers only had 1 RBI.

gopher
+1
Watched a few innings of the finale. MLB is not quite my game anymore because of the excessively long games but what I saw was well played. It sure took me back to my old days as a player and coach.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Watched a few innings of the finale. MLB is not quite my game anymore because of the excessively long games but what I saw was well played. It sure took me back to my old days as a player and coach.

This was their first win in franchise history. I was not aware of that. Makes the win all the sweeter. I am happy for Houston. About time they had something to celebrate.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

This was their first win in franchise history. I was not aware of that. Makes the win all the sweeter. I am happy for Houston. About time they had something to celebrate.

Yes, they can be removed from the list (never won list).

Never won: San Diego, Texas, Tampa Bay, Milwakee, Colorado.

Never appeared in: Washington/Montreal, Seattle.

Houston is the only team to have won both an NLCS and an ALCS and the only team to reach World Series for each league. Milwakee could also do so if they win an NLCS.

gopher
+1
and it ends with a marriage proposal!

Curious Cdn
That's good. Houston needed some good news. This has been a horrible year for them.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That's good. Houston needed some good news. This has been a horrible year for them.

They definitely deserved some good news after all they have gone through. The Astros wore Houston Strong badges on their uniforms and went on to prove that indeed, they were the strongest team on the field last night. It was a great game and great win by a great team. Congrats to the Houston Astros.

spaminator
why are the la teams not in the same division?