Welcome to NHL Hockey!

bill barilko
Watched a bit of Tampa/Boston while waiting on a Pizza in a local dive-it was a joke and I don't mean the pie.

Girth
I hope the Flames lose in 4 to the Stars. That team is dirty as hell.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I hope the Flames lose in 4 to the Stars. That team is dirty as hell.

Oddly I've always had that feeling about the Flames, yet when out of fairness I try to justify it I can't. Chicago is probably a dirtier team. In recent years my feelings don't count for much as I haven't paid attention to them like I used to when my hockey fanatical son was still at home.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Oddly I've always had that feeling about the Flames, yet when out of fairness I try to justify it I can't. Chicago is probably a dirtier team. In recent years my feelings don't count for much as I haven't paid attention to them like I used to when my hockey fanatical son was still at home.

You did not see Matt Tkachuk raise his skate and deliberately take out Mark Scheifele, our star player. It knocked our best player out of the series in the first 10 minutes. Calgary follows it up with a cheap slash to Laine's arm, and it fractures his arm. No penalty, our top 2 players down.

Then in Game 2 a Calgary player dives in front of Adam Lowry, trying to crash him into the boards. The Jets came back and won Game 2 somehow, but with our two best players out, we ended up losing the series.

I hate Calgary, and I hope they lose every game.

Girth
Just over an hour to go, and the draw will be held to see which NHL team wins the Draft lottery, and has first dibs on Alex Lafreniere.

Teams that are in the running:

Edmonton
Toronto
Winnipeg
Minnesota
Nashville
NY Rangers
Florida
Pittsburgh

Girth
new york rangers win draft lottery!

JLM

You did not see Matt Tkachuk raise his skate and deliberately take out Mark Scheifele, our star player. It knocked our best player out of the series in the first 10 minutes. Calgary follows it up with a cheap slash to Laine's arm, and it fractures his arm. No penalty, our top 2 players down.

Then in Game 2 a Calgary player dives in front of Adam Lowry, trying to crash him into the boards. The Jets came back and won Game 2 somehow, but with our two best players out, we ended up losing the series.

I hate Calgary, and I hope they lose every game.

While I have been following the progress from time to time, I haven't watched any games this season. I'll certainly take your word about Calgary.

JLM
Certainly good to see Boston get whupped tonight!

JLM

Certainly good to see Boston get whupped tonight!

Although I like to see Canadian teams win, Calgary's defeat tonight didn't actually hurt my feelings!

Girth

Although I like to see Canadian teams win, Calgary's defeat tonight didn't actually hurt my feelings!

I was elated. I hate that organization, and all it's dirty players.

JLM

I was elated. I hate that organization, and all it's dirty players.

Worse than Boston or Chicago you figure?

JLM
+1
Canucks just took care of the Blues in good order 6/2. If things work out properly it will be a Canucks vs Bruins final round with Canucks smearing the Bruins in 4 games.

Girth

Canucks just took care of the Blues in good order 6/2. If things work out properly it will be a Canucks vs Bruins final round with Canucks smearing the Bruins in 4 games.

Don't hold your breath...

JLM

Don't hold your breath...

It's just a vague hope, I'm not crazy!

petros
+1
They wont get past the GKs

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

They wont get past the GKs

They are not invincible.

Girth
There are no Canadian teams left to compete for the Stanley Cup.

Vegas beat Vancouver 3-0 in Game 7, to win the series.

Dallas beat Colorado in OT to win that series, so it will be the Golden Knights vs the Stars for the Western Final.

Tampa Bay will face todays winner of the Philadelphia - NY Islanders series. Go Flyers!