Donald Trump just cemented his legacy as America’s worst-ever president

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Actually the belief that green energy is more expensive than fossil fuels is just that, a belief.

Solyndra

Ontario is a poor example. The world leaders in green tech are European nations like Denmark, which sells its wind generators worldwide.

Always a profitable business plan to sell manufactured products to the gullible, and to revisit Ontario, well, it seems it's a pretty big leap of faith that they are not representative of all the end-users in general

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

There's no toughness

He's simply an idiot lol

You're a idiot too. But who would we laugh at if you wouldn't be? The dynamics on this forum would be fuked without you

Nature works in mysterious ways

pgs
Free Thinker

Actually the belief that green energy is more expensive than fossil fuels is just that, a belief. Electricity can now be produced more cheaply with green energy than with fossil fuels and is getting cheaper as the tech continues to improve.

Solar and wind power cheaper than fossil fuels for the first time | The Independent

And green energy has nothing to do with the UN or globalists (whoever they are). Right now the biggest pushers of green energy in the US are all private companies run by people like Elon Musk (look him up).

You are right about the money aspect, but that is connected not to green energy, but to oil and cola companies which are trying to protect their turf. That is now getting harder and harder to do a the cost of green tech continues to decline.

As for aircraft, no one has claimed that commercial aircraft would be outfitted with electric motors, but I would not bet against it. Ten years ago electrically powered drones did not exist. But the engine technology has improved so dramatically that now they are everywhere.

Currently fossil fuel has one big advantage, and that is that that it is the existing tech due to the fact that it has been built up over the last 150 years. It is a phenomenon known as technological inertia. Existing tech always hangs around until the new tech shows that it is clearly superior. A few examples that illustrate this are the gradual change from steam locomotives to diesel locomotives. The change took decades. Another was the replacement of gas and oil lighting with electrical lighting. And one of the best was the introduction of the internal combustion engine. All of these new technologies took decades to replace the existing tech. Green energy with be the same. Even with full support form government green energy systems can only be introduced at a certain speed. I will say that I am quite amazed by how fast green energy is progressing, however. I thought it would take much longer before it passed fossil fuels in efficiency, but it is already there.

Well yesterday on the way to work I was stopped for a 150 car coal train rumbling down the CP Rail tracks to Roberts Bank Coal Terminal . Funny on the way home a 150 empty coal train hung a right out of the coal port and rumbled down the Burlington Northern tracks into the good ole U.S.of A. . Coal is so popular that we are even shipping American coal out of our ports .
I am sure that fits your green clean agenda eh BS .
BTW I still see more 4x4 diesel pick ups then electric vehicles on B.C. roads .

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Well yesterday on the way to work I was stopped for a 150 car coal train rumbling down the CP Rail tracks to Roberts Bank Coal Terminal . Funny on the way home a 150 empty coal train hung a right out of the coal port and rumbled down the Burlington Northern tracks into the good ole U.S.of A. . Coal is so popular that we are even shipping American coal out of our ports .

Yabut, Denmark built a wind turbine and sold it... Therefore, no coal is being mined anymore

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I am all for private speculation and private green energy initiatives. Once it becomes cheaper than the 'carbon' alternatives, it will take off. Until then, I don't really like the idea of corporate welfare or subsidies specifically because the technology is 'green'.

Also, a lot of the so called green technologies are really not so green when you look at their entire footprint. Electric cars for example are not vary green when you take into account the manufacture and disposal of that big battery.

Actually the history of energy over the last 150 years is that it is the coal and oil companies (especially the latter) that have received large subsidies. As for electric car batteries, it is almost certain that they can be recycled. In fact the recycling of electric car batteries is already common in Japan.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Solyndra

EXXON, Shell....

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Always a profitable business plan to sell manufactured products to the gullible

And that certainly explains your support of big oil.

Poorly thought out answer. Do you have any idea where the coal was going or what its purpose was? Most of the coal exported from BC is coking coal. As such it is used in industrial processes and not for electricity.

And when did I ever post that the switch to electrical cars would be instantaneous? Read my posts on the subject. I've always made it clear that the change would be gradual. But don't be surprised if in a couple of decades or so those diesels you are in love with are electric. After all, electric motors are a good deal more powerful than internal combustion engines, which is why modern freight trains are diesel-electric.

pgs
Free Thinker

Actually the history of energy over the last 150 years is that it is the coal and oil companies (especially the latter) that have received large subsidies. As for electric car batteries, it is almost certain that they can be recycled. In fact the recycling of electric car batteries is already common in Japan.

EXXON, Shell....

And that certainly explains your support of big oil.

Poorly thought out answer. Do you have any idea where the coal was going or what its purpose was? Most of the coal exported from BC is coking coal. As such it is used in industrial processes and not for electricity.

And when did I ever post that the switch to electrical cars would be instantaneous? Read my posts on the subject. I've always made it clear that the change would be gradual. But don't be surprised if in a couple of decades or so those diesels you are in love with are electric. After all, electric motors are a good deal more powerful than internal combustion engines, which is why modern freight trains are diesel-electric.

No your posts are always stating that clean green energy is presently changing the world . You want us all to be shining examples to the rest of the world . Of course as technology improves costs come down making the decision to drive electric an economic one . Once it is economically feasible people will jump on board . Still with everyone driving electric vehicles we will need more electricity to power these vehicles .But our clean green representatives don't want any increase in electrical supply unless it is wind or solar neither of which can continuously produce enough electricity to supply this demand .

P.s. coking coal is burnt the same as coal power plants .

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1

No your posts are always stating that clean green energy is presently changing the world . You want us all to be shining examples to the rest of the world . Of course as technology improves costs come down making the decision to drive electric an economic one . Once it is economically feasible people will jump on board . Still with everyone driving electric vehicles we will need more electricity to power these vehicles .But our clean green representatives don't want any increase in electrical supply unless it is wind or solar neither of which can continuously produce enough electricity to supply this demand

You don't seem to understand. People are already jumping on board precisely because green tech has now reached a point where it is more than competitive with fossil fuels. And I could care less about shining examples. Green tech is taking over because it is superior technology to fossil fuels. As for future power needs the fact that wind turbines and solar panels can be placed pretty much anywhere means there will be no shortage of energy.

P.s. coking coal is burnt the same as coal power plants .

I didn't say that the coal was not going to be burned, just that it is not being exported to fuel power plants.

taxslave
Free Thinker

You don't seem to understand. People are already jumping on board precisely because green tech has now reached a point where it is more than competitive with fossil fuels. And I could care less about shining examples. Green tech is taking over because it is superior technology to fossil fuels. As for future power needs the fact that wind turbines and solar panels can be placed pretty much anywhere means there will be no shortage of energy.

I didn't say that the coal was not going to be burned, just that it is not being exported to fuel power plants.

Canada exports thermal coal from the west coast.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Canada exports thermal coal from the west coast.

Coking coal remains the most important. Coal in Canada: A by-the-numbers look at the industry - Business - CBC News

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+2
The day i can buy a solar panel and install it in 2 seconds and produce as much power then a gas generator that cost 500$ with 20$ of gas in it, is far from being, accomplished princess.
But please continue to imagine it has. By all means make a complete ass of yourself. Most of us already knew you were a complete idiot anyways

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

The day i can buy a solar panel and install it in 2 seconds and produce as much power then a gas generator that cost 500$ with 20$ of gas in it, is far from being, accomplished princess.
But please continue to imagine it has. By all means make a complete ass of yourself. Most of us already knew you were a complete idiot anyways

Grammatical competence can go a long way toward achieving reasoning credibility!

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Solar can't be used much in the north or south of the 50 degree lat mark..or even in the shade
and you can't run wind or solar without fossil back up...or SUBSIDIES!

New capacity for solar installations largely collapsed in 2016 after the government axed and reduced subsidies.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ch-electricity
Ah, poor subsidies eh?

Maurice Strong said he hoped to destroy the industrialized nations through things like global warming policy and that is what you support with all your fallacies.

" “In order to save the planet, the group [GIM] decides: Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring this about? This group of world leaders [GIM] forms a secret society to bring about an economic collapse.”
Maurice Strong - regarding Generation Investment Management LLP

George Soros and his Canadian sidekick, Kyoto architect Maurice Strong, are the brains behind the likes of Al Gore, Mikhail Gorbachev and Barak Obama, all who belong to the above and the “Chicago Climate Exchange” which will make billions on climate change.

Barrack Hussein Obama is the one out in front talking about “Change we can believe in”, but the senator from Illinois is only the latest puppet.
http://www.unitypublishing.com/Gover...e%20Strong.htm

You are just a puppet bent on the destruction of the free world too, eh, lol?

Here also, just for you Bar:
"Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that he had seen no evidence of collusion “whatsoever” between the Trump campaign and Russian during their investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election."
Dem Sen Manchin: No Evidence 'Whatsoever' of Collusion - Breitbart

Manchin has been known throughout his career to be a moderate Democrat,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Manchin
Funny, betcha they aren't printing his quote over at the washinmachington posthole.
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 12th, 2017 at 03:08 AM..

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Grammatical competence can go a long way toward achieving reasoning credibility!

Im really not in it for anyone else but myself. Im gathering knowledge and information online. My credibility too others is really not essential or important to my purpose.

Im not seeking approval or followers .

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Solar can't be used much in the north or south of the 50 degree lat mark..or even in the shade
and you can't run wind or solar without fossil back up...or SUBSIDIES!

New capacity for solar installations largely collapsed in 2016 after the government axed and reduced subsidies.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ch-electricity
Ah, poor subsidies eh?

Maurice Strong said he hoped to destroy the industrialized nations through things like global warming policy and that is what you support with all your fallacies.

" “In order to save the planet, the group [GIM] decides: Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring this about? This group of world leaders [GIM] forms a secret society to bring about an economic collapse.”
Maurice Strong - regarding Generation Investment Management LLP

George Soros and his Canadian sidekick, Kyoto architect Maurice Strong, are the brains behind the likes of Al Gore, Mikhail Gorbachev and Barak Obama, all who belong to the above and the “Chicago Climate Exchange” which will make billions on climate change.

Barrack Hussein Obama is the one out in front talking about “Change we can believe in”, but the senator from Illinois is only the latest puppet.
Maurice Strong, the Father of America's Destruction

You are just a puppet bent on the destruction of the free world too, eh, lol?

Here also, just for you Bar:
"Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that he had seen no evidence of collusion “whatsoever” between the Trump campaign and Russian during their investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election."
Dem Sen Manchin: No Evidence 'Whatsoever' of Collusion - Breitbart

Manchin has been known throughout his career to be a moderate Democrat,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Manchin
Funny, betcha they aren't printing his quote over at the washinmachington posthole.

The king of fake news sources strikes again. Keep it up, your credibility declines with every post.

Walter

The king of fake news sources strikes again. Keep it up, your credibility declines with every post.

I agree, the Guardian is full of fake news.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

There's no toughness.

They're all still doing the same shit they were before and Trump can't actually exit until after the next election.

You keep saying that like it actually means anything. Merkel's united front is crumbling. She was hoping the other G-7 countries would pressure Trump but geopolitical realities aren't working in her favour. Canada, Britain and Japan have all said they won't be jumping on the bandwagon to admonish and pressure Trump.

It will be business as usual and whether or not Trump can exit before four years doesn't really matter. He just doesn't have to play the game for those 4 years.