If you live in the Maritimes how are you preparing for Kyle?

CBC News
Tropical storm Kyle has gained strength while swirling in the Atlantic Ocean and is slowly moving north, reports the U.S. National Hurricane Center.
Kyle's maximum sustained winds increased to about 96 kilometres per hour by early Friday in the Atlantic Ocean. It's about 820 kilometres southwest of Bermuda, where a tropical storm watch has been issued.
Forecasters said the storm could become a hurricane by Saturday as it moves north at about 20 km/h.
The National Hurricane Center is also warning the northeastern United States and the Canadian Maritimes to watch the storm as it progresses over the next few days.
Kyle is expected to reach the Maritime provinces by Sunday with rains and strong winds until Monday.
Read full story
Send us your pictures as Kyle comes ashore.

More...

B00Mer
I hope when Kyle reaches the North Atlantic the cold waters slow this storm down...

Praxius

Nothing out of the ordinary. It's just a hurricane.... they're expecting it to reach a maximum of Cat.1..... hardly anything to write home about.

I'll probably grab some small things to snack on and stay inside..... then again, I might go and get a big orange tarp and go wind sailing out in the ball field like I used to as a kid on my grandparents farm...... but it's not like it's going to flatten homes or anything.... seish.

Come back to me when we get a Cat.3

darkbeaver
I will keep my grass dry and roll extra joints in case one of my arms is damaged by the wind.

Hyack
Follow Kyle on Stormpulse:

Hurricane Kyle Tracking Map

darkbeaver
It's outside right now.

Hyack
Strange....the map shows it to be about 250 miles off Virginia Beach right now...

Colpy
I have secured a bottle of Appleton's Estate rum and 2 litres of Coke.....and ice.

I am ready for Kyle, or Armegeddon.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I have secured a bottle of Appleton's Estate rum and 2 litres of Coke.....and ice.

I am ready for Kyle, or Armegeddon.

NICE!!! Well Done.

missile
Just doing my laundry..just an ordinary day here

TenPenny
I made major preparations. I loosened the clothesline, so that if we get strong winds, the tree that it's attached to won't pull it off the house, as it did during the last hurricane. That's pretty much it.

I don't know why there's such fear and whining about the hurricanes we get here - sure Juan was bad 5 years ago, but we get them quite regularly. The one thing that made Juan bad was the total inability of NSPower to react to and recover from their massive line failures.

missile
It's been downgraded since yesterday..a good thing, as predicted 110KM winds were starting to worry me.

Praxius
Yeah, I lost power for an hour or so late last night.....

That was it.

Ain't no big thang.