Charter fight over liver transplant denials to alcoholics can proceed

taxslave
+1
[QUOTE=Hoid;2782846]I don't think /QUOTE]
FIFY? That is your real problem.

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

All the problems with our socialized earth care and wacky legal system all in one little bundle.
I know a young guy about 25 is going to need a liver soon through no fault of his own. Should he have to wait in line behind a bunch of alcoholics that deliberately destroyed their livers?

Universal health care .

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Men don't have to keep trying to get between ladies legs either. And in case you are not aware, there are no 100% effective contraceptives.
Also, why should ladies have to chip in for men's prostate surgeries and stuff related to men's reproductive systems?
Get a grip and THINK.

Universal health care .

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I didn't tell you what to do. I countered Anna's statment with a series of questions and observations that are of universal applicability when considering issues of the type.

In other words you are spewing bullsh+t as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when you are confronted................................

you back off and start spewing WEASEL WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you come clean and ADMIT you have NO CLUE how cops are trained or WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not END YOUR SHAME and admit you have NO business lecturing the rest of us about cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why not admit you SHOULD NOT even be commenting on Cdn issues since you aint Cdn..............................

AND NEVER HAVE BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Why not admit you would probably have a hard time finding Canada on a MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go to the range and play with your little gun for a while...............................

I am sure you will feel LESS INADEQUATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I don't think /QUOTE]
FIFY? That is your real problem.

Idiots should learn the quote function if they're going to use it

Hoid
healthcare should be based on worthiness rather than need.

because white nattys

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Universal health care .

THAT IS A VALID POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A young guy with a birth defect or something of that sort.........................

versus some drunk who was born with a FUNCTIONING Liver..........................................

AND STUPIDLY WRECKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should now discuss the case of the native woman from Newfoundland.............................

who WAS PUT ON THE TRANSPLANT LIST a couple of years back.............................................

on condition that she STOP DRINKING.........................................

failure to stop drinking would result in her REMOVAL from the transplant list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The poor DRUNK could not stop drinking for SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT EVEN IN THE FACE OF DEATH BY LIVER FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Some people are too stupid to respect what they are offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave
+1

because white nattys

Define need. I think a wage earner with a family to support has a far greater need than a drunk on welfare.

Hoid
how about having doctors define need.

Cannuck
Trumpites hate doctors. They're considered elites and elites terrify Trumpites

spilledthebeer

how about having doctors define need.

Oh hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Having doctors define the need is EXACTLY THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctors point out they have a LIMITED SUPPLY OF SPARE LIVERS..............

and doctors want to give those Livers to SOBER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctors want to give those FEW Livers to people who will make maximum use of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meaning doctors want to hep those who will LONGEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But THAT AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOR LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunken idiots VOTE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals figure giving DRUNKS new Livers will put drunks into debt to LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This argument about who should get a new Liver is NOTHING MORE THAN LIE-beral vote buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bending the rules for drunks makes it easier to BUY VOTES from idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH THE ADDED BONUS that a bunch of stinking Lawyers get LOTS of billable hours..........................

to argue over this CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals promised to "save the middle class"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Its JUST TOO BAD that all the LIE-beral gravy is going to HOGS AND LAWYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off - you are a YANKEE and it aint your damned biz to tell us in a foreign country what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

Do you have a memo from the World Bank allowing you to post that??

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Do you have a memo from the World Bank allowing you to post that??

Are you sober enough today to be able to EXPLAIN the word "memo"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnaEmber
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Prostate surgery for fun? I don't like the sounds of that

Sounds about the same as abortion for fun ...... ludicrous.

AnnaEmber

Universal health care .

Yeah, then quit sniveling about having to pay for abortions unless you want women to snivel about prostate surgery (and other things that men deal with).
And making babies is not just up to the women; men have a part in it, too, so they can use a little restraint, as well.

AnnaEmber

because white nattys

That's kind of dumb. I think I am worth 4 pairs of lungs, another liver, 6 more hearts, etc. I don't need them, but them's the breaks, right?

Hoid
you have to deserve them

AnnaEmber

you have to deserve them

[yawns]

pgs

Yeah, then quit sniveling about having to pay for abortions unless you want women to snivel about prostate surgery (and other things that men deal with).
And making babies is not just up to the women; men have a part in it, too, so they can use a little restraint, as well.

Making babies and contracting a disease are two different things unless you think pregnancy is a disease .

spilledthebeer

Sounds about the same as abortion for fun ...... ludicrous.

Uh OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is pretty nearly where I came in....................................

when I suggested that Our idiot Boy Justin would welcome an investigation into Lavalin..........................................

with about the same enthusiasm as getting a prostate exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But - looking back I might have been mistaken.....................................

at this point it NOW looks as if our idiot Boy WOULD PREFER having that prostate exam................................

performed by a doctor with freakishly LARGE HANDS.............................................

right before getting Pregnant and then having an abortion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rather than let us see the full truth of Lavalin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES - Our idiot Boy would be willing to do and dare MUCH................................

if only Our idiot Boy could persuade us to FORGET LAVALIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnnaEmber

Making babies and contracting a disease are two different things unless you think pregnancy is a disease .

They're both having to do with people's health. Get a grip.

pgs

They're both having to do with people's health. Get a grip.

Really ? Which is preventable?

AnnaEmber

Really ? Which is preventable?

Both.

pgs

Both.

Donít get sick , it is preventable .

AnnaEmber

Donít get sick , it is preventable .

Of course it is.
Don't want flu, wash hands, etc. after contact with the public. Don't want heart disease, don't eat crap and stay active.
etcetera

Cannuck
Donít want hereditary illnesses, donít get born

AnnaEmber
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Don’t want hereditary illnesses, don’t get born

.... or abort. It's all just health issues.
That's what the medicine industry is for.

spilledthebeer

Both.

So if you get breast cancer...................................

we can ignore you.................................

because its your own DAMNED FAULT????????????

And when somebody invites me to "Run for the Cure"..............................

I can call them greedy and selfish because its all about PERSONAL accountability???????????????????????

AnnaEmber
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

And when somebody invites me to "Run for the Cure"..............................

I can call them greedy and selfish because its all about PERSONAL accountability???????????????????????

Poor idiot. As I said, it's what the healthcare system is for.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Yep. Most certain form of birth control is for men to keep their drawers up.