Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies

Hoid
it charges EV batteries -

petros
+1
Still have to wait 20hr using a trickle charger.

NEXT!

Hoid

petros
+1
For CAD$2,249.99 you could get a tow coast to coast.

Vape batteries and now 110V power packs for CAD$2,249.99/EACH

No need for goal posts when it's game over hours ago.

Ron in Regina
+1
Mine is old school (bigger than a six pack). Ancient tech now.
Hoid, are you going to back up you insults from earlier or just
deflect and dodge and "move the goal posts" as you say?

Yeti Core zero? It looks like our office photocopier for size.
With big solar panels too! Sweet! Wonder what carting that
around does for the range of an EV? Whatever....

I'm assuming you aren't going to even try to dispute your
insults from earlier 'cuz you can't. Have fun kids. I have to
work in the morning.

petros
Yeah I have one of the lead acid jobbers too. They have a motorcycle size battery inside.

Hoid
A gerry can contains gasoline.

in order to recharge an EV you need a gerry can that contains electricity

Hoid

Hoid

Hoid

petros
Truck mounted gasoline gennys.

Nice. That'll get you back to your 20hr charger when you leaf dies after 45km in winter.

Hoid
nope.

petros
Not even home eh?
Too bad.

Hoid
nope to gas gennys.

those are solid state rechargers, shit for brains

petros
Are they? A vape battery is a jerry can in your eyes.

Hoid
its that time again

petros
Is there no text with the photos to prove your claims?

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Do you own one , yet ?

My next purchase. As soon as the 10-year-old vehicle I am driving now wears out. But what has that got to do with the thread? Do you own an oilfield?

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.

Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.

Yep. Thanks for making your posts so easy to refute.

Charging an electric vehicle at home

https://www.bchydro.com/powersmart/e...g-at-home.html

petros
+1
Nice article. Did you read it?

Quote:

all plug-in electric cars currently sold come with an adapter to connect your EV to a 120 Volt household outlet

Quote:

Many EV owners opt for a faster charging option, a 240-volt service. It requires the purchase and installation of an Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) control that connects to your EV. This uses a dedicated 240-volt household electrical circuit, the same used by your dryer or oven.
An electrician should be consulted to determine what's required to install a Level 2 charging station at your home. BC Hydro has identified qualified electricians who have successfully completed training specific to electric vehicles and charging station infrastructure. Find a qualified electrician via our Alliance referral form.

No accessories, no plug in.

Hoid

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
It's a moot point now as the subsidy has ended for all electric vehicles last week. Telsa was suing because it singled them out as they did not have dealers and the law extended the subsidy of the dealers into September. So I suspect the Ontario taxpayer will be forced to pay for those rich assholes who bought their expensive toys during August and September .... assuming Tesla was actually able to deliver it to them as they would have had to take possession before the deadline. And we know how shitty Tesla is at meeting any type of timetable. We should call them the Bombardier of electric vehicles.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

We should call them the Bombardier of electric vehicles.

Pretty much but at least Bombardier products work in Canadian winters unlike Teslas that need heated garages.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Sorry that you feel the 15A maximum of a household 120V socket is a goal post.

Trickle trickle trickle...

Hoid
you said you could not charge an EV from "just any socket"

you were wrong

The fact that you can't admit you were wrong is pretty much what I would expect from a not very bright guy trying to make a not very good argument.

petros

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.
Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.

Without accessories. No direct plug in.

Please learn to read.

Danbones
+1
In real life you only see electric forklifts in parking lots and never far from the tap. They do a fine job indoors. It's gas and diesel everywhere else. I love a "Reach" truck - they are a work of art to drive well...and you can really move stuff around with one of those.

Electric public transit forks fine.

MHz
Park the busses and just give everybody a bumper car.
The part about bikes that are limited to 30k being dree from insurance and regestration and a drivers should not be lost as part of the exp[wense of 'driving'. Especially now that DIY repairs are pretty much a thing of the past. Now they just need to be made smart enough that the brakes lock up before the wheel comes off.

Bar Sinister

Nice article. Did you read it?

No accessories, no plug in.

Right. Apparently you didn't know there are portable charger accessories. They easily fit in the trunk. Look them up, Amazon has several brands.

https://www.evsolutions.com/turbocord

petros
Of course. If you learn to read I've quoted myself 3 times mentioning necessity of purchasing accessories.

How did you miss all 4?