Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies


Hoid
#121
When you look like an idiot - massive cut and paste
 
petros
#122
Too many facts at once?
 
Hoid
#123
climate change denier likes facts
 
petros
#124
Is that all you've got?

So obviously EV'S are still in dreamland and don't need subsidies but battery tech doesn't?

They jumped the gun and built vehicles without reliable batteries and it's stymieng EVs from gaining market share.

Does Tesla need the money to build cars or does Panasonic need money more to develope batteries that catch up to the cars Tesla makes?
 
Hoid
#125
Tesla batteries are warrantied for 8 years unlimited mileage - you jabbering moron.
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#126
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post


This is from a Forum of Tesla Owners, but they
must all be Clowns too for buying Tesla's and
posting their experiences for other Tesla owners
in a conspiracy against you...


Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

"it can take day s to get a full charge for a Tesla. "

stop writing stupid shit

you clearly have no idea what you are even talking about.


OK, from the official Tesla forum, earlier today
I read that a full charge on a Tesla Model S (it
didn't state parameters like temperature, etc...)
was 265 miles. Now look at the screenshot above.

Dude says he can get about 30 miles charge in 8hrs
using 110V outlet. Lets do some math:

265 miles(=full charge)/30miles=8.834 x 8hrs= 66.72hrs

66.72 hrs = 2 days, 18hrs, & about 45 minutes....for a
full charge on 110V for a Tesla Model S, and that parallels
our friends experience pretty closely...

This isn't a the Leaf at 20hrs with a much shorter range (so
I'm assuming smaller/less powerful batteries?), but can you
find fault with my basic math above seeing as this is above
my head and I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about?
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Sep 23rd, 2018 at 07:59 PM..Reason: spacing
 
Ron in Regina
#127
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.futurenissan.com/nissan-leaf/

Nissan Leaf takes about 20 hours to charge on 110V

happy now Ron?

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Mini Cooper Countryman

about 6 hours to full charge in level one (110v)

is 6 hours "days and days"

maybe on Mercury



How about the Tesla Model S?
 
Hoid
#128
the fault with your math is that its pointless.

the argument was whether there are 110v chargers or not - because some moron said there are only 240v and up chargers
 
petros
+1
#129
120V 12A chargers for a Tesla are trickle chargers. Not meant for relying on for travel, just maintenance.

240V and 480V are 80A and meant for actual charging.

Still confused?
 
Ron in Regina
#130
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

the fault with your math is that its pointless.

the argument was whether there are 110v chargers or not - because some moron said there are only 240v and up chargers


As relevant as the charging times for the Leaf
or some electric Cooper? Your goal posts on
wheels? You can't dispute anything I've stated
here, can you? I'm assuming that if you could,
you would have. I haven't had to resort to calling
you names as I can back up what I've stated.

By the way, the Model S Tesla I'm talking about
has the 85kWh Battery and how does that stack
up agoinst the Leaf with the 20hr charging time
that you attempted to deflect with? Thanks for
coming out.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Sep 23rd, 2018 at 08:21 PM..Reason: spacing
 
Hoid
#131
im confused as why you claim there are no 110v chargers when there are many many 110v chargers.
 
petros
#132
This is his credibility in a debate:

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Show me an electric gerry can.


Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

An e-cig battery that had Tesla in its name.
 
taxslave
+1
#133
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

120V 12A chargers for a Tesla are trickle chargers. Not meant for relying on for travel, just maintenance.
240V and 480V are 80A and meant for actual charging.
Still confused?

I doubt he knows the difference. They don't teach that kind of stuff in jr. high.
 
petros
#134
Absorbine Jr. High
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#135
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

re Tesla S : wouldn't you need to specify which battery is in it?

Sorry, I missed this earlier. The 85kWh
Battery to have a range of 265miles or
about 400km. See math above as that's
where the 265 comes from.
 
Ron in Regina
-1
#136
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

OK, from the official Tesla forum, earlier today
I read that a full charge on a Tesla Model S (it
didn't state parameters like temperature, etc...)
was 265 miles. Now look at the screenshot above.

Dude says he can get about 30 miles charge in 8hrs
using 110V outlet. Lets do some math:

265 miles(=full charge)/30miles=8.834 x 8hrs= 66.72hrs

66.72 hrs = 2 days, 18hrs, & about 45 minutes....for a
full charge on 110V for a Tesla Model S, and that parallels
our friends experience pretty closely...

This isn't a the Leaf at 20hrs with a much shorter range (so
I'm assuming smaller/less powerful batteries?), but can you
find fault with my basic math above seeing as this is above
my head and I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about?

This is from Post #126 using a range of 265 miles.
 
petros
#137
We're talking Tesla and he brings up the leaf. Genius at work.
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#138
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

We're talking Tesla and he brings up the leaf. Genius at work.



From WIKI on the Model S: "According to Musk,
the Model S has a battery with twice the energy
density of that on the Nissan Leaf, but the
difference in range is more than double."
 
petros
#139
That doesn't include using AC, heat, stereo, head lights nor does it count the vampire draw while sitting.
Last edited by petros; Sep 23rd, 2018 at 08:42 PM..
 
Hoid
#140
Here is what started this ridiculous argument

#77 Re: Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies 10 hours ago
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post
As usual your ignorance of the way the world is changing leads to stupid posts. There are already emergency booster kits for electric cars and electric cars can do something gas and diesel powered cars can't. They can plug in at any electrical outlet rather than having to get to a gas station. Hell, they can even be recharged by a generator.

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.

Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.
quick reply | full reply | multi-quote: Multi-Quote This Message

------------------------------------------

when it was pointed out that an EV could be plugged into any standard outlet you decided to make up some bullshit - because that's what morons do.

it was not about Tesla but about EVs in general.
 
Ron in Regina
#141
I posted about the Electric Car that I was
familiar with. I stated it was a Tesla. You

(Hoid) responded with insults. I called you
on it. I'd still like you to dispute anything I've
stated in this Thread.

Its above my head, and I'm talking shit, and am
a clown according to yourself. I backed up what
I stated. I'm the clown in over my head who doesn't
know shit according to you. Back up your statement
and prove me wrong. All I ask is if you're going to be
like that then back it up with a Link to prove your case.
 
pgs
#142
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Here is what started this ridiculous argument

#77 Re: Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies 10 hours ago
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post
As usual your ignorance of the way the world is changing leads to stupid posts. There are already emergency booster kits for electric cars and electric cars can do something gas and diesel powered cars can't. They can plug in at any electrical outlet rather than having to get to a gas station. Hell, they can even be recharged by a generator.

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.

Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.
quick reply | full reply | multi-quote: Multi-Quote This Message

------------------------------------------

when it was pointed out that an EV could be plugged into any standard outlet you decided to make up some bullshit - because that's what morons do.

it was not about Tesla but about EVs in general.

How is your Toyota running ? Is gasoline getting expensive?
 
pgs
#143
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I posted about the Electric Car that I was
familiar with. I stated it was a Tesla. You

(Hoid) responded with insults. I called you
on it. I'd still like you to dispute anything I've
stated in this Thread.

Its above my head, and I'm talking shit, and am
a clown according to yourself. I backed up what
I stated. I'm the clown in over my head who doesn't
know shit according to you. Back up your statement
and prove me wrong. All I ask is if you're going to be
like that then back it up with a Link to prove your case.

Oh oh ,I see someone heading for the penalty box.
 
Hoid
#144

here's another electricity gerry can

full of electrons
 
petros
#145
How to void your Tesla battery warranty;

• Exposing the vehicle to ambient temperatures above 140F (60C) or below -22F (-30C) for more than 24 hours at a time.
 
petros
#146
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post


here's another electricity gerry can
full of electrons

That won't work for an EV it uses capacitors to give high Amps in short burst for boosting vehicles.

I have one. A Juno Jumper.

It's just like a camera flash.
 
Ron in Regina
#147
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Here is what started this ridiculous argument

#77 Re: Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies 10 hours ago
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post
As usual your ignorance of the way the world is changing leads to stupid posts. There are already emergency booster kits for electric cars and electric cars can do something gas and diesel powered cars can't. They can plug in at any electrical outlet rather than having to get to a gas station. Hell, they can even be recharged by a generator.

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.

Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.
quick reply | full reply | multi-quote: Multi-Quote This Message

------------------------------------------

when it was pointed out that an EV could be plugged into any standard outlet you decided to make up some bullshit - because that's what morons do.

it was not about Tesla but about EVs in general.




This exchange (pic above) seems pretty Tesla

specific to me. I also have a Booster pack. They're

awesome as it allows one to Boost oneself.
 
Hoid
#148


Yeti core zero

capable of emergency charging an EV

time to move those goal posts again
 
petros
#149
Yeah they are but you've got one or two cracks at it boosting a 4 cyclinder before it's kaput.
 
petros
#150
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post


Yeti core zero
capable of emergency charging an EV
time to move those goal posts again

Yeti 1400 110V Generator
Product Number: 4OTC38002 UPC: 847974005026
Your Price:: CAD$2,249.99/EACH