Sikh NYPD officers now wear turbans; MAGA

tay

NYPD cops can wear turbans, beards under new rules - NY Daily News

coldstream
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Can the Muslim women cops wear full Burqas. Seems it would a case of gender discrimination.. or whatever.. if not. I assume the Sikhs can carry their Kirpan (ceremonial dagger). What if a religion came along the requires you carry Grenade Launcher fully armed. Where will all this lead.

Murphy
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

Can the Muslim women cops wear full Burqas. Seems it would a case of gender discrimination.. or whatever.. if not. I assume the Sikhs can carry their Kirpan (ceremonial dagger). What if a religion came along the requires you carry Grenade Launcher fully armed. Where will all this lead.

Are you asking, how far should religious freedom be allowed to go in North America? The answer is, as far as the religion is willing to push things. And the courts, after much legal wrangling, ruling how far to let them.

Initially, it will be charges and seizures, which the police will do, for the courts to sort out later. Law suits will be filed and where it goes, nobody knows. NOOOBODY!

WRT where it could go, expect some enterprising person(s) to open one or more retail locations that stock, among other things, grenade lawn chairs, pre-packed explosives backpacks, weapons that for religious reasons, are not considered by the religion in question to be prohibs or restricted.
Last edited by Murphy; Dec 29th, 2016 at 04:32 PM..

DaSleeper
In this P C society, if you are not a mainstream religion, you get all the breaks.......

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

In this P C society, if you are not a mainstream religion, you get all the breaks.......

Sniffily snifty sniffity

DaSleeper
+1

Durry
Another example where a loser minority wants to drag others down to their level of incompetence..

Cannuck

Remington1
What are the chances that someday we might see the RCMP's 'Red Serge" or the US police uniform worn by a Canadian/US immigrant of India? None, zero, de nada, Indians are far too smart to ever allow something that stupid. (BTW, this is from a buddy of mine whose parents were born in India.). LOL For me, I would say that it's nice to have uniformity in some specific organization, so if the turban is necessary, then design a scarf type and make that the new head covering for all cops. They might want to change those ugly boots for sandals as well, just a thought.

Murphy
+1

You mean, like Sgt Dhillon?

Durry
Like everything else, image is important, people will respond to you based, in large part, on your imagine.
I just don't see how any Canadian could feel confedent confiding in a Sikh cop. Although I realize with all theE Indians here, we should have them represented in our police department.

Curious Cdn
A close friend of ours is a Sikh cop. He doesn't wear a turban, though and doesn't advertise that he is a Sikh. He's a good, hard working cop and a really smart guy, too. His father was a general in the Indian Army who directed small battles in the Himalayas. Let's just say that he has the genes.

Johnnny
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

A close friend of ours is a Sikh cop. He doesn't wear a turban, though and doesn't advertise that he is a Sikh. He's a good, hard working cop and a really smart guy, too. His father was a general in the Indian Army who directed small battles in the Himalayas. Let's just say that he has the genes.

There is no such thing as a "War/Generalissimo Gene", if there were then id be "Special Forces" because I have a descendant who was in the Devils Brigade.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

There is no such thing as a "War/Generalissimo Gene", if there were then id be "Special Forces" because I have a descendant who was in the Devils Brigade.

You must be really, really old if you have a descendant who was in the Devil's Brigade.

Durry

Let's just say that he has the genes.

India is a very corrupt country, what we see as corruption, the Indian people consider it just a normal way of life.

So I think Indian people could have a difficult time separating a corrupt situation from a Canadian legal situation in certain difficult situations.

Johnnny

You must be really, really old if you have a descendant who was in the Devil's Brigade.

**** I meant anscestor

Curious Cdn

**** I meant anscestor

You are right. It's hard to connect you with a WWII Commando.

Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

India is a very corrupt country, what we see as corruption, the Indian people consider it just a normal way of life.

So I think Indian people could have a difficult time separating a corrupt situation from a Canadian legal situation in certain difficult situations.

Rubbish ... as usual.

What shytehole on this planet did your folks come from, anyway?

Johnnny

You are right. It's hard to connect you with a WWII Commando.

You only see my internet face

Curious Cdn

You only see my internet face

Looks like an a$$hole to me, Junior.

Johnnny
As long as you keep smelling ill keep farting, you might find it more tolerable if you take it like a bong hit.

Curious Cdn

As long as you keep smelling ill keep farting, you might find it more tolerable if you take it like a bong hit.

Do you really think that the gobble-de-gook that you throw up on the screen is some sort of English?

Finish high school, then try posting with adults.

Johnnny
+1

Do you really think that the gobble-de-gook that you throw up on the screen is some sort of English?

Finish high school, then try posting with adults.

OMFG I'm ruined you got me... What are you going to say next? I live in my parents basement? Oh please don't

Curious Cdn

OMFG I'm ruined you got me... What are you going to say next? I live in my parents basement? Oh please don't

Well?

You post just like one of those man-child geeks.

Johnnny

Well?

You post just like one of those man-child geeks.

Ill get back to you in a week