Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says

mentalfloss
Sorry conbots.

The numbers can't lie.

First quarter results for 2016 show the Ontario economy growing at an annualized rate of three per cent, the highest in Canada and all G7 countries.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says the province's real gross domestic product grew by 0.8 per cent in January to March, following similar growth in the fourth quarter of 2015.

Wynne says the first quarter gains were driven by higher exports and household spending, and predicts Ontario's economy will remain one of the fastest growing in Canada over the next two years.

She also says the Liberal government is confident the growing economy will allow it to eliminate a $5.7-billion deficit next year as promised.

The premier says she's very encouraged by the momentum of Ontario's growth, especially with so many uncertainties in the global economy.

Wynne says stronger than expected economic growth means more jobs, and points out Ontario's unemployment rate fell to 6.4 per cent in June, the lowest since 2008.

Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says - Toronto - CBC News

darkbeaver
Republican
How long are these metaphysical tracks?

petros
+1
If I planted a seed in June of 2002 and grew a tree that now only grows 2% a year and Wynne planted a seed in June of 2016 that grows at 3 % per year for the first couple years, which tree will bear more fruit this fall?
Last edited by petros; Jul 19th, 2016 at 01:39 PM..

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Wynne says.....

That about says it all....

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If I planted a seed in June of 2002 and grew a tree that now only grows 2% a year and Wynne planted a seed in June of 2016 that grows at 3 % per year for its first couple years, which tree will bear more fruit this fall?

That is how many years ON is behind.

Call me when you get your first apple.

coldstream
+2
How.. they're selling off the publicly owned crown jewels.. Ontario Hydro.. what's next the roads, carrying to completion the agenda that the rancid Mike Harris/Jim Flaherty neocon junta started with the 407... the water systems, provincial parks.. all up for sale to Wall Street banks and hedge funds.

Wynne, this demented little dyke.. is hopelessy mortgaging the future of the province for some meaningless bookkeeping trophy.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That is how many years ON is behind.

Call me when you get your first apple.

Sunshine and Rainbows from here on out while Trudeau has the wheel. It does not even need to be true, it just needs to be said.

petros
BTW the honest numbers indicate it was indeed 2002 when ON began its slide downward.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Sunshine and Rainbows from here on out while Trudeau has the wheel. It does not even need to be true, it just needs to be said.

Ohhhh rain and the looming R word are the crow the fall session will be serving Trudeau

justfred99
+4
#9  Top Rated Post
Keep your eyes pealed and watch for pigs to fly, before Ontario will balance it's budget.

Walter
+1
The Dyke-bitch says a lot.

Durry
+2
Ontario has a debt of $300 Billion, it's expected to grow to $350 Billion in 3 years.

In contrast, Canads has a debt of $630 Billion

Canada's National Debt Clock : The Canadian Taxpayers Federation

Remington1
I'm all taxed out, so is everybody I know, and that will be the only way, or selling our assets, which is no better.

darkbeaver
Republican
+3
They could sell Toronto, maybe.

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Wynne says.....

That about says it all....

Flossy posted it so it must be true.
I'm more interested in what the rating agencies say.

Sorry conbots.

The numbers can't lie.

Actually they can. ANd she does.

Danbones
Free Thinker
WE put that deficit on a bus out of town
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVXOznUPNg
as we speak it should passing the last boarder bridge and nearing the far praries right about now
Heaven forbid the bus should crash and the damn thing get loose and run amok all over the place

mentalfloss
Ontario's economy is kicking ***.

Ontario's Economy Is Kicking Canada's Ass Right Now

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Well it is in huff post so it must be true.

mentalfloss
Well you haven't made an argument, so it must be false.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Well you haven't made an argument, so it must be false.

"Wynne says" is all the argument I need.

mentalfloss
Why?

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Why?

Because she's a politician.

I know, I know, you are convinced that Liberal politicians are the very soul of truth and light, while Conservatives are demons sent by the Satan you don't believe in otherwise to torture the good people of Canada, but that just makes you sound like a Kool-Aid drinking idiot.

Here's a crazyass notion: how bout we see if Ontario eliminates the deficit next year?

Being "on track" ain't worth a plugged nickel if you don't get to the station.

mentalfloss
+1 / -1
Not only is your assumption about all politicians wrong, your assumption about my inclinations is also wrong.

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Not only is your assumption about all politicians wrong, your assumption about my inclinations is also wrong.

No, my conclusion about your inclinations is dead on. I'm sure you got some fantastically self-delusional rationale for how you're REALLY devoted to the Neo-Quasi-Anti-Pseudo-Semi-Social Rationalist Party (membership: 1), but it's painfully obvious you are a bona fide Kool-aid drinking fanboy.

petros
+2
You needed clueless and hopeless in there too.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

No, my conclusion about your inclinations is dead on. I'm sure you got some fantastically self-delusional rationale for how you're REALLY devoted to the Neo-Quasi-Anti-Pseudo-Semi-Social Rationalist Party (membership: 1), but it's painfully obvious you are a bona fide Kool-aid drinking fanboy.

Nope.

petros
Hey flossy, what is there to celebrate about when the shortest, least producing tree in an Orchard grows two inches and musters up 10 more blossoms that may or may not bear fruit?

MHz
Good as there won't be any equalization payments going east for the foreseeable future.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Nope.

There's no denying your position being supported by such a compelling argument as Nope

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Correct me if I'm wrong but is not servicing the debt part of the deficit?

petros
Your aren't paying down debt when running deficits.