Robin Williams dead at 63

Locutus
+1
B00Mer, use your big boy words please. I don't have time to delete posts all day.

El Barto
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

B00Mer, use your big boy words please. I don't have time to delete posts all day.

That was the best one ! @$#^&

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Tell me you didn't know 'Peace unto your house.' is the next part of the Christian phrase. You look a tad guilty, . . .

talloola
+3
robin williams would have a big howl if he could read this thread, then he could make a very
funny stand up act out of it, maybe, actually he would have to improve it somewhat,but the
improv stuff he would add, would make it a success.

MHz
Maybe this thread is why he offed himself. (if he could white noise the thread and all that should be taken for granted)

Grievous
+1

rather your twisted resentful interpretation of what might have been said by someone said someone else...of course, as Walter pointed out, you were wrong.

do you ever laugh?

Right, an anchor on Fox news said those things.

......and Rush still said Williams killed himself because he is a liberal.....coles notes version.

I laugh at you all the time.

I wonder what sort of stats Rush has on political affiliation and suicide to back up a claim like that?

Not sure many studies have been done about that......but.

Conservatives And Suicide: Study Suggests Link Between Gun Ownership, Republicans And Suicide

Wonder what the suicide rate is for lonely mods?

Zipperfish
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Grievous View Post

Right, an anchor on Fox news said those things.

......and Rush still said Williams killed himself because he is a liberal.....coles notes version.

I laugh at you all the time.

I wonder what sort of stats Rush has on political affiliation and suicide to back up a claim like that?

Not sure many studies have been done about that......but.

Conservatives And Suicide: Study Suggests Link Between Gun Ownership, Republicans And Suicide

Another recent study showed that both liberals and conservatives both laughed when Robin Williams was on stage because he was a funny man, and were sad to see him go, because it was tragic.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Another recent study showed that both liberals and conservatives both laughed when Robin Williams was on stage because he was a funny man, and were sad to see him go, because it was tragic.

I was starting to wonder how Robin Williams passing became political.

El Barto
+1
https://t.co/96AGLHY1mQ

Grievous
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Wonder why Fox and Rush did that?

Two conservatives weren't sad.

Zipperfish
+1

Two conservatives weren't sad.

Some people just can't see past their own political dichotomy. Rush for sure. Maybe you too.

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Everything is political when politicians are involved. There are no truths only agendas'. The world becomes their soapbox.

Grievous

Some people just can't see past their own political dichotomy. Rush for sure. Maybe you too.

I never even said if I agreed with them or not.

Zipperfish
+1

I never even said if I agreed with them or not.

I'm sure you don't. Neither do I. I read the same news, but just chose to leave those steaming turds to stink up the FOX News and the Rush Limbaugh websites, rather than bring them here for everyone to see.

SLM
+2

R

Okay, so now you're just being a d*ickhead.

Why don't you start your own thread to do that in or, better yet, go join the other ignorant moron barilko on his walk.

Norm MacDonald Shared A Wonderful Robin Williams Story On Twitter That Sums Up Everyone’s Loss

Man, today is a real bummer. We’re all trying to come to terms with our grief over the man that Dustin brilliantly described as our “crazy uncle who wouldn’t shut up at the dinner table,” and we’ve all been coping with it in our own ways. Many of us on social media. But probably the most meaningful tribute to Robin Williams I’ve seen so far comes from Norm MacDonald — who previously tweeted poignant eulogies to Elaine Stritch and James Garner — in a story about his first time appearing on Letterman, and how Robin Williams tried to help out some punk kid from rural Ontario.
Try not to cry; maybe you’ll have better luck than I did.

Norm MacDonald Told The Most Wonderful Robin Williams Story On Twitter

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Okay, so now you're just being a d*ickhead.

Just the old Avro personality coming out of hiding....what he don't realise, just like ole dave he'll use it for all it's worth

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Just the old Avro personality coming out of hiding....what he don't realise, just like ole dave he'll use it for all it's worth

I am so sick to death of these tired, re-run losers. They need a frigging life.

gopher
+5
Over the years several celebrities have committed suicide but generally that is talked about for only one day and then forgotten. This particular news has greatly moved a lot of people here in Gopherland where Mr Williams was greatly beloved. Several talk show hosts have pleaded with their audience to let every know of suicide prevention phone lines and that help is always available. I have passed by several people in conversation about this as well. Let's hope that this tragedy will serve as a wake up call to a lot of people who need the help and to others who may be able to help those in need of this kind.

SLM
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Over the years several celebrities have committed suicide but generally that is talked about for only one day and then forgotten. This particular news has greatly moved a lot of people here in Gopherland where Mr Williams was greatly beloved. Several talk show hosts have pleaded with their audience to let every know of suicide prevention phone lines and that help is always available. I have passed by several people in conversation about this as well. Let's hope that this tragedy will serve as a wake up call to a lot of people who need the help and to others who may be able to help those in need of this kind.

When someone makes you laugh, not just snicker or grin, but full out side splitting belly laugh, they tend to greatly endear themselves to you. There is a drive I'm seeing from a lot of people to keep talking about him, his life and his death. And you're right, if it can keep the dialogue going about suicide and suicide prevention, maybe it'll do some good.

gopher
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM;

When someone makes you laugh, not just snicker or grin, but full out side splitting belly laugh, they tend to greatly endear themselves to you. There is a drive I'm seeing from a lot of people to keep talking about him, his life and his death. And you're right, if it can keep the dialogue going about suicide and suicide prevention, maybe it'll do some good.

Very good post. It is so important to keep those important dialogs about prevention going.

You likely know about coach Tony Dungy who is so respected especially here in the Twin Cities. He is often looked to as the moral exemplar of the NFL for his personal integrity, good character, and uplifting spirit. Yet he has had to face the terrible ordeal of losing his own son via suicide - nine years after this tragedy people still talk about it and were doing so yesterday on local sports radio. It has been suspected that his son was gay - Dungy himself has gone on record as saying he would not draft a gay player into his pro team. Yet, he tries to reconcile his archaic view by moralizing and sermonizing. This is viewed favorably by the more conservative members of the sports community. But many view this as too out of touch with today's reality. While many may disagree with him (I would have absolutely no trouble with drafting any player regardless of personal lifestyle) it remains important that he remains as a public figure so that we can all be reminded that no matter how pleasant things may appear on the surface, certain troubling things may be happening that we are not aware of and that we need to deal constructively with those problems.

bill barilko
So it's confirmed that he's still dead is that right?

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Very good post. It is so important to keep those important dialogs about prevention going.

You likely know about coach Tony Dungy who is so respected especially here in the Twin Cities. He is often looked to as the moral exemplar of the NFL for his personal integrity, good character, and uplifting spirit. Yet he has had to face the terrible ordeal of losing his own son via suicide - nine years after this tragedy people still talk about it and were doing so yesterday on local sports radio. It has been suspected that his son was gay - Dungy himself has gone on record as saying he would not draft a gay player into his pro team. Yet, he tries to reconcile his archaic view by moralizing and sermonizing. This is viewed favorably by the more conservative members of the sports community. But many view this as too out of touch with today's reality. While many may disagree with him (I would have absolutely no trouble with drafting any player regardless of personal lifestyle) it remains important that he remains as a public figure so that we can all be reminded that no matter how pleasant things may appear on the surface, certain troubling things may be happening that we are not aware of and that we need to deal constructively with those problems.

Yeah, I think with someone like you mentioned, it would keep the issue alive for a very long time. I think a lot of times though, it does get forgotten somewhat, all news becomes old eventually and let's face it, if people were really going to learn they would have done so by now. However, I can't help but think that in the couple of weeks following Robin Williams suicide it will be foremost on many people's minds and perhaps they'll be more attentive to those around them, maybe even intervene and prevent another suicide. There's no way of knowing that of course but just the acute awareness can dramatically increase the odds.

Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

So it's confirmed that he's still dead is that right?

Piss off moron.

Locutus
+1

Piss off moron.

slapped the aqua velva right off billy's face.

SLM

slapped the aqua velva right off billy's face.

He's like that pebble that gets stuck in your shoe and no matter how many times you take it off and shake it, it's still there!

Lol

El Barto
+8
Robin Williams didn't just make you laugh in his monologue , he took you on a journey. Never in a straight line but in a random path (as it seems to you)but always brought you back never losing you.

DaSleeper
+1

He's like that pebble that gets stuck in your shoe and no matter how many times you take it off and shake it, it's still there!

Lol

Or like the proverbial Chihuahua ........might have rabies....

Kreskin
+3
I think everything in life has to come with balance. I know a couple of people who are annoyingly outgoing and "happy", yet they consistently crash and have worse days than the rest of us. Life to them is a constant drama, they either have absolutely fantastic days or dreadful ones. It's a helluva fall from the stratosphere. That's what I think happens to personalities like Williams. A manic-depressive swing. When you live life on a constant high you're bound to crash and burn.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Or like the proverbial Chihuahua ........might have rabies....

But the difference is, even the yappiest chihuahua has someone that loves them.

bill barilko
This is what I posted on The Stew and it applies here several times over

Quote:

He appealed to the damaged & the lame of which there is a seemingly endless supply in this world.

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

This is what I posted on The Stew and it applies here several times over

You are damaged and lame as evidenced by your constant criticism of everybody and everything on here. You sole claim to fame is that you piss all over everything. Strap on a pair of depends and go sit in the corner to stroke your ego quietly.