Woman Files False Rape Claim Because She "Didnít Enjoy ItĒ

Locutus
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - A Clarksville woman has been charged after coming clean to police and admitting she lied about being raped.

Police said Lynette Lee admitted to a Clarksville detective last week the rape claim she had made earlier in the month was false. She said she had only made the claim because she did not enjoy the date.

On November 23, Lee had told police that after meeting up with a man she met online at Meetme.com, she and the man had gone back to a hotel together. According to a report, Lee said once at the hotel the man removed her clothes and, despite her protests, had sex with her.

The suspect in the case was called in by Clarksville police and told officers he and Lee had been out on a date and engaged in consensual sex.

During a second interview with police on November 27, Lee told the detective she wanted to drop the entire case because it was a lie. Police said Lee told them she had lied about the incident "because she did not enjoy it and it was bad."

Police charged her with filing a false report. A bond was set at $2,000.

Woman Files False Rape Claim Because She "Didn

SLM
+10
#2  Top Rated Post
That really ticks me off. Nothing does more of a disservice to actual victims than self-involved idiots like this making false claims. I really hope she pays a hefty price for this.

JamesBondo
I hope that she wasn't coerced into withdrawing a truthful claim.

petros
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

I really hope she pays a hefty price for this.

No doubt the guy she accused has already paid a hefty price.

relic
+3
Like the old joke",she didn't know it was rape 'till the cheque bounced"

taxslave
+3
Wonder if the poor guy she accused can go after her for damages in civil court as well?

captain morgan
+4
I hope that this is the case.... Playing with someone's life on a trumped-up and puny issue needs to be rectified.

karrie
+4
Lose lose situation for everyone involved. Kudos to her for fixing her horrible lie at personalcost though.
Moral of the story?
That person you picked up online and banged the first night you met, might not be mentally stable.

JLM
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. - A Clarksville woman has been charged after coming clean to police and admitting she lied about being raped.

Police said Lynette Lee admitted to a Clarksville detective last week the rape claim she had made earlier in the month was false. She said she had only made the claim because she did not enjoy the date.

On November 23, Lee had told police that after meeting up with a man she met online at Meetme.com, she and the man had gone back to a hotel together. According to a report, Lee said once at the hotel the man removed her clothes and, despite her protests, had sex with her.

The suspect in the case was called in by Clarksville police and told officers he and Lee had been out on a date and engaged in consensual sex.

During a second interview with police on November 27, Lee told the detective she wanted to drop the entire case because it was a lie. Police said Lee told them she had lied about the incident "because she did not enjoy it and it was bad."

Police charged her with filing a false report. A bond was set at $2,000.

Woman Files False Rape Claim Because She "Didn

That woman doesn't look like she'd enjoy anything! -

That really ticks me off. Nothing does more of a disservice to actual victims than self-involved idiots like this making false claims. I really hope she pays a hefty price for this.

With a face like that.....................nah I'd better not!

petros
+1
Go ahead JLM, I wanna hear what you'd say about a "hefty price".

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Go ahead JLM, I wanna hear what you'd say about a "hefty price".

I could probably think of a few things, but I'm getting the sense the mods are getting a bit testy these days, so maybe best to maintain a friendly ambience! -

The Old Medic
+3
I DO hope that woman has been permanently sterilized. Those genes DO NOT need to be passed on.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post

I DO hope that woman has been permanently sterilized. Those genes DO NOT need to be passed on.

I think her looks would reduce the chance of reproduction greatly.

relic
+1
She has a pulse,,that's enough for some folks

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

For some even that is not required.

EagleSmack
+3
So he potentially would have got charged with a rape charge, a felony that could mean life. When she comes clean she gets hit with a simple false claim charge which is I would guess a misdemeanor.

Ahhh justice!

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

So he potentially would have got charged with a rape charge, a felony that could mean life. When she comes clean she gets hit with a simple false claim charge which is I would guess a misdemeanor.

Ahhh justice!

Do you want to make it so that her life is forfeit if she doesnt stick to her story and put him away? Would that help the justice system?

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Do you want to make it so that her life is forfeit if she doesnt stick to her story and put him away? Would that help the justice system?

Karrie, The bitch put his life in serious jeopardy, so even if she did forfeit her life it was her idea, with absolutely no concern for the defendent. Perjury is good for 14 years, she should go up for at least 7.

karrie
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Karrie, The bitch put his life in serious jeopardy, so even if she did forfeit her life it was her idea, with absolutely no concern for the defendent. Perjury is good for 14 years, she should go up for at least 7.

But that would ensure that she never told the truth. She obviously had some concern for him to come clean even though she'll now be up on charges. Say what you want about what she deserves, it wouldnt make sense to set thelegal system up so that she couldnt come clean.

EagleSmack
+1

How wonderful to be able to levy such charges with little repercussion. It happened right in my home town. A girl accused TWO you guys of raping her. Totally false. But not before they dragged those kids to jail and put their names and faces in the paper. She admitted to lying and the papers as an after thought said her name. Slap on the wrist.

Let's not forget the boys from Duke. Innocent and they slammed these kids and their suspended the lacrosse program.

Justice.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No doubt the guy she accused has already paid a hefty price.

Ya, I saw the picture too.

Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

This is what the problem is.

JLM

But that would ensure that she never told the truth. She obviously had some concern for him to come clean even though she'll now be up on charges. Say what you want about what she deserves, it wouldnt make sense to set thelegal system up so that she couldnt come clean.

OK, I'll allow you half a point for that! -

karrie
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

How wonderful to be able to levy such charges with little repercussion. It happened right in my home town. A girl accused TWO you guys of raping her. Totally false. But not before they dragged those kids to jail and put their names and faces in the paper. She admitted to lying and the papers as an after thought said her name. Slap on the wrist.

Let's not forget the boys from Duke. Innocent and they slammed these kids and their suspended the lacrosse program.

Justice.

I think its likely happened in almost every home town. Its part of why people need to remember the old idiom of innocent until proven guilty.

But that reinforces my view that if you slammed these girls with charges, it wouldnt stop a defective brain from concocting the initial lie, all it would dois mean they have to stick to said lie.

What risk do these women pose to society aftre such a thing, that locking them up would do any good? And weigh that against what risk society faces by making it hardr for them to tell the truth.

CDNBear
+2

What risk do these women pose to society aftre such a thing, that locking them up would do any good? And weigh that against what risk society faces by making it hardr for them to tell the truth.

After?

How about the damage they do in the present?

Young men have taken their lives because they were wrongly accused by some troubled girl.

With no consequences.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

After?

Young men have taken their lives because they were wrongly accused by some troubled girl.

With no consequences.

Well that's just it, that could really destroy some people, especially someone with low self esteem!

karrie
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

After?

With no consequences.

Thats only a fractoin of it bear. They undermine the plausibility of evry victim who follows. Part of the problem of unreported rape loes at the feet lf women like these. But....once the lie is told, the damage is done. Its an issue of where to go from there.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Well that's just it, that could really destroy some people, especially someone with low self esteem!

I've seen it destroy people with the word by the horns.

Its an issue of where to go from there.

Yes it is.

There's a balancing act to be found.

And I do understand your other points and agree with you on many.

SLM
+1

Thats only a fractoin of it bear. They undermine the plausibility of evry victim who follows. Part of the problem of unreported rape loes at the feet lf women like these. But....once the lie is told, the damage is done. Its an issue of where to go from there.

I'll agree with you on the prison term issue, personally I view the need to imprison someone more heavily weighed against those that pose a danger to society in general. But I have to think that this woman needs to face some very stiff consequences for her actions...because of the damage she has done to the man she wrongly accused and because of the damage it does to women in general who are less likely to report their own actual rapes. We need to dissuade others from doing what she did. What the right consequence is, I can't say for sure but it she definitely needs to be held accountable in my opinion.

karrie

I'll agree with you on the prison term issue, personally I view the need to imprison someone more heavily weighed against those that pose a danger to society in general. But I have to think that this woman needs to face some very stiff consequences for her actions...because of the damage she has done to the man she wrongly accused and because of the damage it does to women in general who are less likely to report their own actual rapes. We need to dissuade others from doing what she did. What the right consequence is, I can't say for sure but it she definitely needs to be held accountable in my opinion.

She'll likely see some jail time, fines, have a criminal record, and face societal ramifications to top it all off. No one likes a criminal liar.

SLM
+1

She'll likely see some jail time, fines, have a criminal record, and face societal ramifications to top it all off. No one likes a criminal liar.

I know she will but honestly I'd like to see her with a lot of community service, particularly in any area involving rape awareness or working for agencies that provide help to survivors. So that she might actually learn something, perhaps even impart that learning to others.