I've heard this about the Ford Eco Boost Engine

tay
+1
and it came from a Ford salesman .........

petros
Clean you air filters.

DaSleeper
Chevrolet Sonic Summer highway driving 48 mpg
Winter, around town short runs 14 to 18 mpg
This is why I ask people who either b*tch about or tout their mileage, how it was taken.....
And as you can see in the following screen grab of my mileage app
This time of the year and different driving conditions greatly affect mileage...
Gas is high test, and as you can see I don't drive much in winter...

petros
I love my Bluetooth OBD2 and dash command app.

If you warm you vehicle for 3 minutes regardless of time of year city mileage jumps substantially.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I love my Bluetooth OBD2 and dash command app.

If you warm you vehicle for 3 minutes regardless of time of year city mileage jumps substantially.

I just tried that app on my car......
Now I don't need that OBD2 code reader my wife bought me for Christmas, at least not for my own car...

taxslave
+3
#6  Top Rated Post
97% of fords are still on the road. The other 3% made it to the driveway.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I just tried that app on my car......
Now I don't need that OBD2 code reader my wife bought me for Christmas, at least not for my own car...

I like the performance options of the obd2. I'm looking at a tunable ECU to tweek the settings for more oomph towing although it doesn't lack, I just like to tinker. I bought a new cold air intake system that is to add 50HP+. I'm looking forward to seeing the true numbers over varying conditions. Being a digital gear head is fun when you can get instant results on any performance gains or losses through the powerband but I still enjoy tweaking a Holley and tinking with timing for peak performance on my old muscle cars.

DaSleeper

I like the performance options of the obd2. I'm looking at a tunable ECU to tweek the settings for more oomph towing although it doesn't lack, I just like to tinker. I bought a new cold air intake system that is to add 50HP+. I'm looking forward to seeing the true numbers over varying conditions. Being a digital gear head is fun when you can get instant results on any performance gains or losses through the powerband but I still enjoy tweaking a Holley and tinking with timing for peak performance on my old muscle cars.

I think I'm gonna keep the OBD2 reader that my wife bought me...
The app connected to my car via Bluetooth ok...but it was showing impossible rpm on the idling engine. While the regular OBD2 reader got the vehicle V.I.N. number right the app got it wrong....Plus a few other thing were not kosher so I can't trust it to give me true codes..
When you get something like that app for free you get what you pay for....

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I think I'm gonna keep the OBD2 reader that my wife bought me...
The app connected to my car via Bluetooth ok...but it was showing impossible rpm on the idling engine. While the regular OBD2 reader got the vehicle V.I.N. number right the app got it wrong....Plus a few other thing were not kosher so I can't trust it to give me true codes..
When you get something like that app for free you get what you pay for....

Which app did you try?

DaSleeper
This one.......................

petros
DashCommand works like a charm with my ELM327. There is a trial version on play store. Easy to use and every feature you can imagine.

DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

DaSleeper
+1
I'll giveit a try....thanks!

petros
I bought it. Zero regrets.

DaSleeper
No free version on I Tunes.....

petros
Worth the $10

Shˇtty

DaSleeper

Worth the $10

Shˇtty

I'll wait till I get an iTunes card, I don't trust that site to leave my credit card # there....

#juan
I think Ford learned from Mazda.

Mazda Skyactiv-G and Skyactiv-D Engines – News – Car and Driver

petros
Other way around.

Partnership with Ford Motor Company
From 1979 to 2010, Mazda had a partnership with the Ford Motor Company, who acquired a 7% stake in 1979 and by 1996, owned 33.3% of Mazda. Under the administration of Alan Mulally, Ford gradually divested its stake in Mazda from 2008 to 2010, with Ford currently holding 2.1% of Mazda stock in 2014[13] and severing most production as well as development ties.

DaSleeper

DashCommand works like a charm with my ELM327. There is a trial version on play store. Easy to use and every feature you can imagine.

DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

Looks like I didn't do a good research before I purchased that app for $11.--
I now find out I need a bluetooth interface plug in device such as OBDLink LX Bluetooth for it to operate at a cost of $99.
So I think I'll pass and take the $11 loss...... It's just the price of 2 coffees at Starbuck....

petros
http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw...l_4p0pyzwm9w_b

$99? Canadian Tire?

DaSleeper
Heh heh I just googled https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=...uetooth+canada

And clicked on the first link and said the hell with it......I should have kept going to the second one

Oh well .....I already have the wired one ... I don't need that extra toy....

petros
+1
I figured you had a Bluetooth unit. I owe ya a coffee.

DaSleeper

I figured you had a Bluetooth unit. I owe ya a coffee.

I'll hold you to that when I go out your neck of the woods

petros
+1
I'll oblige.

MHz
This is what an 'engine' looks like. Ford V-10 (3 ton van)

When you push down on the 'gas pedal' you go forward, when you let off you slow don at about 1/2 the rate. Getting it to run on 2 cylinders while idling at 75MPG is still a work in progress.

wulfie68
+2
If you buy a Dodge truck, you probably don't really need the free lobotomy that comes with it...

MHz
When the Ram 4x4 first came out with air-ride the front was locked in only when a single wire was connected, soon as the wire came off the axles stopped spinning. the only time the wire ever came off on his truck was when he was axle deep in something soft. Would have been great if it came on as soon as the wire came off as it was a posi diff.