The Legacy of George W. Bush

Cliffy
Free Thinker
that is a violation of our Constitution

gopher ,

I gather you are American. What do you think the chances are that Dubbya and Cheney will face any Crimes Against Humanity charges?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

that is a violation of our Constitution

gopher ,

I gather you are American. What do you think the chances are that Dubbya and Cheney will face any Crimes Against Humanity charges?

Statute of limitations might be up as far as Cheney's hunting incident is concerned. Dubya should get some credit for the demise of Saddam and sons.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Dubya should get some credit for the demise of Saddam and sons.

JLM,

He should get the chair for a million Iraqi civilians killed.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

JLM,

I think more of them are attributable to the insurgents than Jarge.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

But if Jarge had not invaded they would not have died. Hussein at least kept order. He may have killed a bunch of people, but Jarge has killed so many more, all in the name of liberation. I suppose it could be argued that being dead is liberating.

normbc9
Conservative
With a 27% US approval number I think history will hopefully show that to all in the annals written of this disaster of his second term. He is clueless and now will reside in a mansion in Dallas with Secret Service Agents and all the trappings of a fully paid presidential retirement at the expense of the taxpayers. I'll bet daddy is really impressed.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1

JLM,

Amen!

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
''What do you think the chances are that Dubbya and Cheney will face any Crimes Against Humanity charges? ''

Congressional Democrats are too scared to put them on trial for their crimes. And the UN is full of kiss up artists to do the same.

Therefore, the chances of putting those criminals on trial is alas zero .

JLM
No Party Affiliation

But if Jarge had not invaded they would not have died. Hussein at least kept order. He may have killed a bunch of people, but Jarge has killed so many more, all in the name of liberation. I suppose it could be argued that being dead is liberating.

O.K. Cliff, but using that criteria I guess Churchill could be blamed for about 20 milion war dead as I believe it was when Hitler invaded Poland or Czeckoslavakia that Churchill declared war on Hitler.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

O.K. Cliff, but using that criteria I guess Churchill could be blamed for about 20 milion war dead as I believe it was when Hitler invaded Poland or Czeckoslavakia that Churchill declared war on Hitler.

I just Googled it to make sure of the facts- Hitler invaded Poland Sept.1/39 and the allies jumped in on Sept.3/39.

Tyr
Free Thinker

That's a stretch worthy of the worlds biggest elastic band to compare Churchill's actions and Bush's

Churchills actions were a consequence of an alliance. Bush's was just plain, flat out imperialism at it's worst

If that's your criteria JLM, why didn't England declare war on the Soviet Union? They had a military pact with Nazi Germany in 1940 and the invaded Poland on Sept 17/40?

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by scratch View Post

JLM,

Pls what is "SOL"?

LOL, I'm surprised someone who is on the internet all the time doesn't know that!!

Risus

JLM,

Cliffy, you are right on the money with that comment.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

LOL, I'm surprised someone who is on the internet all the time doesn't know that!!

It struck me at the time as a little odd, but then I got to thinking that perhaps it's just a local expression that them "down easters" don't use.

Tyr
Free Thinker
Nixon's advice to Dubya

Cliffy
Free Thinker
http://politicalirony.com/2008/11/30/robin-williams-on-obamas-election/

normbc9
Conservative
Bush had two shoes thrown at him today while addressing a News Conference in Baghdad. If I remember correctly that is a real insult in Arabic circles. It was on the media and he did display good reflex reactions by ducking quickly twice. He was there to celebrate the Iraqi/American friendship agreement. What a joke and what a fitting tribute to Bush who is another world class jerk.

Tyr
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by normbc9 View Post

Bush had two shoes thrown at him today while addressing a News Conference in Baghdad. If I remember correctly that is a real insult in Arabic circles. It was on the media and he did display good reflex reactions by ducking quickly twice. He was there to celebrate the Iraqi/American friendship agreement. What a joke and what a fitting tribute to Bush who is another world class jerk.

size ten's. Do you think he kept them for the walk back to the ranch?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by normbc9 View Post

I think Jarge like most people has his good and bad sides.

Tyr
Free Thinker

I think Jarge like most people has his good and bad sides.

uh huh.... I guess people are waiting (patiently) for the good side to show itself?

Tyr
Free Thinker
PRINCETON, New Jersey (CNN) -- President Bush failed to persuade Senate Republicans to vote for the automaker bailout, but it wasn't for lack of effort. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney put on a full-court press last week.
During a private meeting with Senate Republicans, Cheney reportedly told his colleagues that failing to pass the bill would result in "Herbert Hoover" time. Everyone understood what he meant.
Hoover is one of the few presidents whose reputation has never been revived.
Bush will probably give the automakers money from the financial bailout package as a last resort, but this is not the option that the administration preferred.
The defiance of Senate Republicans against a president from their own party, in a moment of true economic crisis, was a political slap in the face.
The debate has reinforced the notion that the president ends his time in Washington without the power to compel his own party to take action or to build public pressure on Congress.
There's a great irony in the fact that President Bush's administration, which has worked harder than almost any other in recent memory to expand presidential power, ends with Americans thinking so poorly about the institution.
According to a Gallup Poll was released in September, public satisfaction with the executive branch reached a level that has not been seen since Watergate. Only 42 percent of Americans said that they had a "great deal" or "fair amount" of trust in the executive branch, compared with 40 percent in April 1974

Tyr
Free Thinker
This will provide comedic fodder for yrs to come. George is his own bozo industry. I can hardly wait for the next SNL skit

The flying footwear incident was also a popular opening monologue topic for U.S. late-night talk show hosts this week.
Tonight Show host Jay Leno joked about Bush's aptitude for dodge ball and questioned why the Secret Service didn't "at least [jump] in front of the second shoe?"
On The Late Show, Dave Letterman also praised Bush for his quick reaction time, quipping that the president "hasn't dodged anything like that since, well, the Vietnam War."
For his part, Late Night host Conan O'Brien, mentioned that al-Zaidi has been hailed a hero by many in Iraq and added that the journalist would one day "be greeted in heaven by 72 podiatrists."
A host of video parodies and games based on the incident have also emerged online this week, including one entitled Sock and Awe. Created by British website designer Alex Tew, the goal of the simple game is to knock a smiling, ducking Bush on the head as many times as possible with tossed shoes. Others cast players in the role of the U.S. president, with the aim being to dodge footwear projectiles.

Tyr
Free Thinker
George W. Bush's Christmas List

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
WWW.USDOJ.GOV
CRM
(202) 514-2007
TDD (202) 514-1888
President George W. Bush Grants Pardons and Commutation

WASHINGTON On Dec. 23, 2008, President George W. Bush granted pardons to 19 individuals and commutation of sentence to one individual:
PARDONS:
William Thomas Alvis III - Flushing, Ohio
Offense: Possession of an unregistered firearm, 26 U.S.C. 5861; distribution of cocaine, 21 U.S.C. 841(a) (1).
Sentence: May 21, 1990; Northern District of West Virginia; 13 months in prison, five years of supervised release following the prison term.
John Allen Aregood a/k/a Johnny (Sonny) Aregood - Riviera, Texas
Offense: Conspiracy to harbor and transport illegal aliens; 18 U.S.C. 371, 8 U.S.C. 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii)(iii).
Sentence: Nov. 21, 1996; Southern District of Texas; three years of probation, $1,000 fine.
Eric Charles Blanke - Parker, Colo.
Offense: Making impressions of obligations of the United States; 18 U.S.C. 474.
Sentence: July 21, 1995; Southern District of California; three years of probation conditioned on performance of 50 hours of community service.
Steve Doyle Cavender - The Villages, Fla.
Offense: Conspiring to import, possess, distribute and dispense marijuana; importing and causing to be imported marijuana; possessing marijuana with intent to distribute; 18 U.S.C. 371, 21 U.S.C. 841(a)(1), 952(a).
Sentence: Aug. 6, 1973; Northern District of Alabama; six months in prison in a jail-type institution, five years of probation, two years of special parole.
Marie Elena Eppens a/k/a Marie Elana Eppens - Lynden, Wash.
Offense: Conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute marijuana; 21 U.S.C. 846.
Sentence: June 9, 1992; District of Nebraska; four years of probation conditioned on 60 days of confinement in a jail-type institution on work release, four months of home detention and performance of 200 hours of community service.
Lydia Lee Ferguson a/k/a Lydia Lee Helland - Sun City, Ariz.
Offense: Aiding and abetting possession of stolen mail; 18 U.S.C. 1708 and 2.
Sentence: Nov. 5, 1990; District of Arizona; 18 months in prison, 36 months of supervised release, $5,000 restitution.
Eduviges Duvi Gonzalez-Matsumura a/k/a Eduviges Duvi Gonzalez - Clovis, Calif.
Offense: Aiding and abetting embezzlement of bank funds; 18 U.S.C. 656 and 2.
Sentence: May 10, 1993; Central District of California; two months in prison, three years of supervised release conditioned on performance of 300 hours of community service.
George Clarence Greene Jr. - Gray, Ga.
Offense: Mail fraud; 18 U.S.C. 1341 and 2.
Sentence: Nov. 21, 1985; Northern District of Georgia; three years of probation, $1,000 fine.
James Won Hee Kang a/k/a Won Hee Kang - South Barrington, Ill.
Offense: Trafficking in counterfeit goods; 18 U.S.C. 2320.
Sentence: May 9, 1985; Northern District of Illinois; one year of probation, $5,000 fine.
Alan Stephen Maiss - Reno, Nev.
Offense: Misprision of a felony; 18 U.S.C. 4.
Sentence: Dec. 20, 1995; Eastern District of Louisiana; one year of probation, $5,000 fine.
Richard Harold Miller - Tallahassee, Fla.
Offense: Conspiracy to defraud the United States; 18 U.S.C. 371.
Sentence: April 13, 1993; Northern District of Florida; five years of probation, $10,000 fine.
Delano Abraham Nixon - Neosho Rapids, Kan.
Offense: Forging the endorsement on a U.S. Treasury check; 18 U.S.C. 495.
Sentence: Feb. 2, 1962; District of Kansas; three years of probation conditioned upon payment of restitution.
John H. Overholt - Black Hawk, S.D.
Offense: Concealment of information affecting Social Security benefits; 42 U.S.C. 408(a)(4).
Sentence: Feb. 2, 1998; District of South Dakota; two years of probation, $1,500 fine, $10,620 restitution.
Morris Keith Parker - Georgetown, S.C.
Offense: Misprision of a felony; 18 U.S.C. 4.
Sentence: Oct. 2, 1991; District of South Carolina; three years of probation conditioned on performance of 150 hours of community service.
Robert Truman Reece - Redondo Beach, Calif.
Offense: 1 and 2. Unauthorized absence. 3. Unauthorized absence; missing ship's movement.
Sentence: 1: Oct. 12, 1949; 15 days of confinement, 30 days of extra police duties and forfeiture of $15 pay per month for six months. 2: Nov. 28, 1949; six months of probation. 3: Sept. 21, 1950; forfeiture of $30 pay per month for two months and a bad conduct discharge. 1, 2 and 3: U.S. Navy court-martial.
Donald Edward Roessler - Harrison, Ohio
Offense: Embezzlement of mail matter; 18 U.S.C. 1709.
Sentence: April 19, 1971; Southern District of Ohio; two years of probation.
Issac Robert Toussie - Brooklyn, N.Y.
Offense: False statements to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 18 U.S.C. 1001; mail fraud, 18 U.S.C. 1341.
Sentence: Sept. 22, 2003; Eastern District of New York; five months in prison, three years of supervised release conditioned on five months of home detention, $10,000 fine.
Charles Thompson Winters - Miami
Offense: Conspiracy to export, and exportation, of a military aircraft to a foreign country in violation of the Neutrality Act of 1939; 22 U.S.C. 448(a).
Sentence: Feb. 4, 1949; Southern District of Florida; 18 months in prison, $5,000 fine.
David Lane Woolsey - St. George, Utah
Offense: Aiding and abetting violation of the Archaeological Resources Protection Act; 16 U.S.C. 470ee (a) and 18 U.S.C. 2.
Sentence: Oct. 6, 1992; District of Utah; three years of probation conditioned on performance of 100 hours of community service.
COMMUTATION:
Reed Raymond Prior - Des Moines, Iowa
Offense: Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute; 21 U.S.C. 841(a)(1).
Sentence: April 11, 1996; Southern District of Iowa; life in prison, 10 years of supervised release.
Terms of commutation: Prison sentence to expire on Feb. 23, 2009, leaving intact and in effect the 10-year term of supervised release with all its conditions.
###
08-1148

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
The Downing Street Memo :: What is it?

Bush lies: one million die

Walter
W conquered AGW; the world is cooler now than when he came to office in 2001.

Tyr
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

W conquered AGW; the world is cooler now than when he came to office in 2001.

Ok I give. Whats AGW.... A Great White?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Poll: 75% glad Bush is done

Poll: 75% glad Bush is done - CNN.com

It makes me laugh to think how many right wing loony birds on this forum used to defend Bush.

WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING???

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyr View Post

What's AGW....

Anthropogenic global warming.

Tyr
Free Thinker
Condi takes another one for the "team". What a girl!!!!

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said that despite President Bush's low approval ratings, people will soon "start to thank this president for what he's done."
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says "there is no greater honor than to serve this country,"

"So we can sit here and talk about the long record, but what I would say to you is that this president has faced tougher circumstances than perhaps at any time since the end of World War II, and he has delivered policies that are going to stand the test of time," Rice said in an interview that aired on CBS' "Sunday Morning."
The secretary of state brushed off reports that suggest the United States' image is suffering abroad.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Legacy? The only leader in history to be compared with Hitler: