Stars, Musicians Crawl Out of Wood-work..

JBeee
for Haiti....raise a wopping 9 million dollars from gullible viewers eager to chat with them on call-in programs. Even more sickening is the news that there will be some sort of concert `Hands for Haiti` or some **** like that, slapped together this coming weekend with the usual suspects (Sting bla bla bla).

I find it sad that it takes a tragedy of this nature before those filthy rich bastards opt to give thier time and little of thier wealth (though no doubt replenishing thier pocket-books doing this) while mere weeks before the event, possibly vacationed or own villas next door to the affected area with giving nary a second thought to thier plight.

How much have I donated to the cause you may ask? My government is doing that for me. If they have billions to throw away on un-called for wars with tax-payer dollars surely they can come up with enough to cover the costs of feeding the needy elsewhere.

Risus
Raiding and donating money for a special need. How are the donators gullible??

And a number of those 'filthy rich bastards' have donated from their own pockets, so give it a rest.

Tonington
Whatever you say Rush...

lone wolf
At least they're doing something

Kakato
I find it sad that that some use a tragedy of this nature to spam the forum with their anti American hatred.

No class.

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Whatever you say Rush...

Nothing constructive to add??

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeee View Post

I find it sad that it takes a tragedy of this nature before those filthy rich bastards opt to give thier time and little of thier wealth (though no doubt replenishing thier pocket-books doing this) while mere weeks before the event, possibly vacationed or own villas next door to the affected area with giving nary a second thought to thier plight.

Yes, because none of them ever support any charitable causes.

What percentage of YOUR take home pay have you donated, or are you just a windbag full of flatulence?

AnnaG
Speaking of Sting, JBea, did you know he's a Brit (born in Northumberland), not American? lmao Or do you have a hate obsession with the Brits, too?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Nothing constructive to add??

Ditto? That's rich coming from Socrates' troll.

How about this, criticizing others for donating their time and money, when the criticizer is not going to bother even donating anything themselves is hypocritical to start. It's only made worse by the criticizers own fury of posts blathering about the ills of everything that is being done to help the people of Haiti.

Kreskin
The sun rose today. Is that the fault of all Americans, or just some?

Tonington
There is no light the foolish can see better by.

JBeee
...that `anti-American` line, tossed about so freeley around here by a few, seems to be confusing you Anna (and Kreskin)...nowhere have I singled out one specific national in this rant. Sting along with Bono and Mick are but a few Europeans jumping on the band-wagon as well as a few Canadians.

Where was all this `concern` before the quake happened? Thats right...it didn`t exist.

Tis the West`s musicians and oh-so-famous, capitalizing on these chosen tragedies/causes in general, that irks me.

"see?...we care"

ps...It appears we will be throwing our own private little party called `Canada For Haiti' just prior to the international bash planned for this weekend.

Just text M-O-N-E-Y now on your cell-phone to make your donation and party-hardy dudes n dolls!

Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Speaking of Sting, JBea, did you know he's a Brit (born in Northumberland), not American? lmao Or do you have a hate obsession with the Brits, too?

TenPenny

Where was all this `concern` before the quake happened? Thats right...it didn`t exist.

Tis the West`s musicians and oh-so-famous, capitalizing on these chosen tragedies/causes in general, that irks me.

Are you sure about that? You have proof that no western musician or celebrity has ever supported humanitarian causes, especially in Haiti?

mt_pockets1000
Some of the more generous celebrities are listed here.

Forbes' "Most Generous Celebrities" List

Tonington

Where was your concern before the quake happened? All your threads were about wars in Afghanistan, Evil America, etc.

You're the flip side of the same coin, only you're a hypocrite as well.

darkbeaver

for Haiti....raise a wopping 9 million dollars from gullible viewers eager to chat with them on call-in programs. Even more sickening is the news that there will be some sort of concert `Hands for Haiti` or some **** like that, slapped together this coming weekend with the usual suspects (Sting bla bla bla).

How much have I donated to the cause you may ask? My government is doing that for me. If they have billions to throw away on un-called for wars with tax-payer dollars surely they can come up with enough to cover the costs of feeding the needy elsewhere.

They are like a tide of gleeming white teeth mobilized by their owners every time they are needed for makeup. Let's see who gets to play the lead in the first Saving Hati movie.

TenPenny

How much have I donated to the cause you may ask? My government is doing that for me.

Oh, there's nothing quite so comforting as letting everyone else do something, while you sit on your ass and criticize everyone else.

Freakin pathetic, some people are. Don't bother to lift a hand, others will do all the work, so you can continue to shoot your mouth off and generally be a complete azzhat. Wouldn't want you to strain yourself by actually doing anything.

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Ditto? That's rich coming from Socrates' troll.

How about this, criticizing others for donating their time and money, when the criticizer is not going to bother even donating anything themselves is hypocritical to start. It's only made worse by the criticizers own fury of posts blathering about the ills of everything that is being done to help the people of Haiti.

I have made a substantial donation. How about you?????????????

Avro

You're not brightest star in the sky are you?

Avro

How much have I donated to the cause you may ask? My government is doing that for me.

Well I can understand that, since you probably don't have a job and welfare isn't giving you enough to donate. People who have nothing always envy and at the same time hate anyone who may have more than them and you Jbee are a perfect example of that. Perhaps instead of whining about it you get off your butt and make something of yourself, it just takes a little hard work and some basic understanding of how the world works......um...never mind.

Tonington

I donated $20 to the Red Cross. That's substantial for a student in between university, moving and a new job.

Is this what you call constructive addition to topics?

Are you Jbee's bulldog? No? Then how about asking him why he won't donate, but feels justified in criticizing others contributions.

AnnaG

...that `anti-American` line, tossed about so freeley around here by a few, seems to be confusing you Anna (and Kreskin)...nowhere have I singled out one specific national in this rant. Sting along with Bono and Mick are but a few Europeans jumping on the band-wagon as well as a few Canadians.

roflmao Um, JellyBeeen, you forgot that I posted the link to all the threads started by you? The overwhelming majority of them could be rolled into one thread called "I hate the USA". lmao
"Whatta maroon". B. Bunny

Quote:

Yeah, right. Only 65% to 70% of Haiti's GDP was from foreign aid.

Quote:

"see?...we care"

ps...It appears we will be throwing our own private little party called `Canada For Haiti' just prior to the international bash planned for this weekend.

Just text M-O-N-E-Y now on your cell-phone to make your donation and party-hardy dudes n dolls!

Oh well. If you aren't aware of something, why would you be concerned about it?

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Are you sure about that? You have proof that no western musician or celebrity has ever supported humanitarian causes, especially in Haiti?

Actually, George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have a charity that has been helping out in Haiti for a number of years.

Risus
A few donations to Haiti following the quake:
Sandra Bullock $1 million
Lance Armstrong $250,000
New York Yankees $500,000
Ted Turner $1 million
Gisele Bundchen $1.5 million
Madonna $250,000
Whclef Jean $2 milliom
Paris Hilton $?
Lady GaGa $?
Ben Stiller $?

etc, etc. So it seems celibreties are stepping up to the plate contrary to the beliefs of some of the posters here...

Johnnny
You know crawled out of the wood works? People who never cared about hati before hand that care now...

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

You know crawled out of the wood works? People who never cared about hati before hand that care now...

At least they are helping out. Are you?

Johnnny

At least they are helping out. Are you?

i meant people who didnt care before using the incident now to fuel their own agendas

What have i done? I gave a 20 bill to the fund my university is raising