How about them Canucks!

Nikki
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

On the other hand, Vancouver won last night and if the team wins the next two games and Edmonton loses, they will likely be in first place. They are not out of it yet, but give them time....

stupid edmonton.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight View Post

They're are bloody useless this year. Did Todd do so much for the team? They are last place in a loser division. Goals for is abyssmal. Am seriously considering switching to being a Buffalo fan. At least they are more local and a small market team. Been a Canuck fan since 82 and all I got to show for it is an old 1994 season jersey.

good bye

Nikki
Quote:

They're are bloody useless this year. Did Todd do so much for the team? They are last place in a loser division. Goals for is abyssmal. Am seriously considering switching to being a Buffalo fan. At least they are more local and a small market team. Been a Canuck fan since 82 and all I got to show for it is an old 1994 season jersey.

Why do so many people bandwagon jump?

RomSpaceKnight
Never thought that after "25 years" of support it would be considered a bandwagon jump. The only time Vancouver gets anywhere is if their goal tender has a career year. And look at the playing history of guys "after" they leave the Canucks. I had high hopes for Luongo. Finally a first string starting goal tender. Guess not!

Nikki
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight View Post

Never thought that after "25 years" of support it would be considered a bandwagon jump. The only time Vancouver gets anywhere is if their goal tender has a career year. And look at the playing history of guys "after" they leave the Canucks. I had high hopes for Luongo. Finally a first string starting goal tender. Guess not!

Bandwagon is a bad term. But you know what I mean. The flames suck but I support them 100%. I just may be more vocal about it when they are winning lol. Back in 2004... that pissed me off. Suddenly everyone in the city was a damn fan... grrr

#juan
Hey the Canucks have a two game winning streak going. They are just two points out of first... in the Northwest Division....

Kreskin
Hey I voted for Rory Kirpatrick..e.g. voteforrory.com. For the heck of it I threw in a vote for Peter Nedved too.

Gotta love fan balloting.

#juan
Make that a three game winning streak. Are the Canucks real?

Kreskin
It's all Rory Fitzpatrick. No other explanation for it. Help put him in the allstar game at voteforrory.com

RedGreen
Not Much talk about our friendly neighborhood bums lately. Come on Canuck fans can't we find anything good to talk about. hmmm... Nope can't think of anything. Oh! No players are involved in lawsuits yet this year.. That's good!

talloola
well, ok then

I hope "coach" leaves naslund with twins this time, as he plays best with them, and he has to get
scoring again.

Very frustrating watching them, as they play very very hard, they work hard, they are nice to watch,
I have great respect for a team that works that hard. It was especially bad against chicago, when we
outshot them 39 to 19 and lost 2-0. We outplayed them the whole game, but couldn't score, you would
think that at least one shot would have bounced in off of someone, but no. I felt sorry for them that
night, because as well as not being able to shoot it in, they also didn't get a lucky bounce.

We have home and home against calgary mon. and tues., and those games will mean a lot.

GO CANUCKS GO

#juan
Last night's incarnation of the Canucks looked pretty good as they walked over Edmonton 6 -2. This was their third straight win after back to back wins over Calgary. The Canuck's coach seems to be finding line combinations that work and sticking with them. Loango(sp) was great as usual.

Tonington
That was a great game last night. It's too bad they can't play like that every night, though Edmonton definitely had an off night I would say. Nice to see some goals for a change.

talloola
Edmonton are definitely way off their game right now, but they have had "poor" defence all year, and

if they don't do something about it, they will fall way behind, their forwards can't carry that defence

for the rest of the year.

Canucks are firing on all cylinders right now, they have good chemistry on that Cooke/Lindin/Morrison
line, they look pretty good, Naslund looked better last night, but he has looked like a fish out of water
lately, I think he has to find himself on "this" team, and he will. He has had to learn to be a good
two way player, and now he has to do his offencive "thing" too.

There are so many people who just love to call this team "bums" or whatever, don't know why that is
so enjoyable, just like to have something or someone to make fun of I guess. If you pretend you are
a fan of many other teams, you will see their weaknesses too, Phoenix beat San Jose 8-0 last night,
how on earth does anyone explain that, but it does give Phoenix a lift, which they need badly.

I watch lots of hockey on nhl center ice, love it, and have grown to know so many teams, and I have
lots of teams who I cheer for, when Canucks aren't playing them, it's fun, brings the whole league
closer to me, and I appreciate the parody in the league now, and there are no teams who can go
into a game and know they are going to win, if they don't step up, and if they take the other lightly
then they are toast.

HOCKEY IS THE GREATEST

GO CANUCKS GO
Last edited by talloola; Jan 1st, 2007 at 03:28 AM..

Kreskin
Phoenix beat San Jose 8-0?

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Phoenix beat San Jose 8-0?

yup, last night, well, I guess it's now two nights ago, as it's 12:26 a.m. new years day

HAPPY NEW YEAR

#juan
Gee, it seems the Canucks have won their fifth game in a row. I'm not sure exactly what this means but they are now leading the Northwest Division. It could mean that they are headed for a five game losing streak but let's hope not...

talloola
Our Canucks pulled off a very important win last night, they struggled quite a bit throughout the game,

but Luongo was the "key" to the win. He played fantastic, and stole the shoot out, in spite of some of

our poor shooters. Naslund and Sedin both looked pathetic on the shoot out, and if that is the best they

can do, pick someone else, as their energy level on those shots looked very low.

Marion Gaborik will be returning to Minnesota on Saturday, so I would expect them to begin a comeback,

as when he went "down" they were leading our division and looked very strong, so the Canucks better

keep up the winning streak, cause I think Minnesota will now make a charge for the lead in this

division again, (as long, of course as Gaborik says healthy). Early in the season, Minnesota was leading

the NHL for awhile.

Kreskin
6 in a row. Rory Fitzpatrick should be on the allstar team. http://www.voteforrory.com

talloola
I sure hope he doesn't go, if he has enough votes to get him there, he should "decline".

I'm sure next year, the NHL will have enough "smarts", (well, maybe not), to change the format for voting.

Those "kids" who started this fiasco spent hours and hours, just clicking "over and over" , Rory's name

and campaigned everyone else to do the same. It is "interesting", but not right, so hopefully, next year

it can't happen. It is such a stupid way to vote anyway, just a popularity contest. Players, in my opinion,

should be assigned tol the All Star game by the number of points they have at a certain time of the

season. If he does go, he will be taking the place of a player who actually deserves the "spot", and it

will be an embarrassment to Canuck fans and to himself.

It was funny for awhile, but not now.

Don Cherry should be given a royal kick in the "butt" for calling Rory " A freak," look who's talking.

#juan
7 in a row...........are they real or have they just had easy competition?

I will jump on the bandwagon when they get to fifteen in a row......I hope they can do it.

talloola
Canucks won their last two games, even though they didn't play well in either one.

Hopefully on Thursday against Minnesota they play better, as it is a divisional game, and

very important.

Luongo played brilliantly in game before last,but last night gave up two easy goals, said in his

interview that he felt tired in last period, has had four games in a row fairly close, so maybe the

coach should think about that, Luongo is only human, needs to focus and be sharp every minute, a tired

player can't do that.

Anyway, we escaped our mistakes last night, and got ourselves another win, good for them.

GO CANUCKS GO

#juan
Well, the Canucks are back to normal. They got whupped 5-2 by Minnesota.

talloola
If you scroll up a little, I mentioned that we have to watch out for Minnesota when Gaborik returns,

well, tonight was the night, and Minnesota is a team to be reckoned with, they played a poor game

against Calgary two nights ago, and tomorrow they play Edmonton, so we'll see how that goes. If

Canucks want to be ahead of them and Calgary at the end of the regular season, they will have to

pick it up a little more, as Minnesota have more scoring talent than we do, and they are one of the

best defensive teams in the NHL, and Fernandez is probably a good as Luongo on any given night.

Most of the people who write in about the Canucks seem to be very surprised when they do well,

and satisfied when they fail, as then they can make fun of them again, remember there 29 other

teams out there, who all want to win too, it is not easy, and the Canucks aren't a "poor" team, they

are somewhere in the middle of the pack in the NHL, and I wouldn't bet on any team right now, although

I guess you have to give the nod to Buffalo, and Anaheim right now, but anything can happen.
Last edited by talloola; Jan 12th, 2007 at 01:35 AM..Reason: spell.

talloola
What a day of hockey, so many games.

Canucks were in first place again, (for about 2 hrs.) until Calgary won their game, which put them one point up on us again.

And, isn't it such a "rush" to beat Toronto, the "so called" centre of the universe,
well, "in their own minds" anyway.

Great win.

GO CANUCKS GO

#juan
Funny,

I would have thought Toronto a better team than Minnesota. I guess any team can have an off night. The Canucks have enough of them.

RomSpaceKnight
The problem with Toronto is they are lazy. They believe the "center of the universe" thing and sometimes think they don't need to bring their game face with them to work. Bad work ethic. T.O. could not make playoffs for 20 years and still sellout and make oodles of money for the Ontario teacher's pension fund.

talloola
[quote=#juan;767722]Funny,

I would have thought Toronto a better team than Minnesota. I guess any team c
an have an off night. The Canucks have enough of them.

Toronto, (or Vancouver) don't have a player like Gaborik, and Toronto don't
have a goalie like Fernandez, he can keep Minnesota in any game for awhile,
if they are not playing well, just like Luongo can for Vancouver.
Toronto can be very fiesty and play hard, but sooner or later their lack of
a couple of really talanted forwards, just like Vancouver need, will do them in.
Gaborik has five goals since returning to the lineup, and he's not even playing his best yet.

#juan
4 - 0 over Montreal is good. They next play Ottawa and Buffalo, we'll see how they do against arguably, two of the best teams in the league.

talloola
Yeah, Canucks played a "pure" team game last night, and Luongo was solid.

Montreal got very frustrated, couldn't stick to their team game, got very unorganized, and their
goalie didn't look "sharp"

Montreal fans were "vicious' on their own team, lots of booing, I felt sorry for them, and there
were lots of Canuck fans at the game as well.

Ottawa are "hot" right now, so we will have to be very solid defensively, and Luongo will have to be
good.

But, so will Ottawa, if their defense let's up at any time, we will capitalize.

Hope Calgary lose to Dallas tonight, then we will hold first place for a few more days.