Calgary's Nenshi ‘crowned’ top mayor with tiara

Locutus
+1
she sure looks happy about it.

The Toronto gathering of mayors of big cities from across Canada started on a light note as Calgary’s Naheed Nenshi was given — and wore — a tiara worthy of the world’s top mayor.

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson crowned Nenshi, to the laughter of other mayors gathered in a private meeting room in a King St. W. tower, with what looked more like a sparkly tiara than a crown.

Nenshi, known for his fierce promotion of Calgary and social media savvy, gamely modelled the tiara for a photo tweeted by Gregor’s spokesman.

Gregor chairs the big city mayors’ caucus of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities summit that includes Toronto Mayor John Tory.

Nenshi was given the 2014 World Mayor Prize by an urban research group after being nominated by Calgarians and other Canadians.

The group described him as an urban visionary and role model to counterparts in North America and Europe for his decisive management, progressiveness and inclusivity.

The mayors then settled down to the serious business of coming up with common goals on transit, infrastructure, housing and more ahead of the federal election to be called for later this year.

Calgary's Nenshi ‘crowned’ top mayor with tiara | Toronto Star

petros
Cute.

B00Mer
Republican
Looks good on him... nice to see.. Calgary should be proud to have a double minority Mayor..

Muslim and Homosexual.

skookumchuck
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Looks good on him... nice to see.. Calgary should be proud to have a double minority Mayor..

Muslim and Homosexual.

How do they feel about him entering the Mosque? Or another Muslim?

gerryh
He's not Gay, just because he single doesn't mean the man is Gay.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
He puts on a tiara, as a joke, and this makes him gay? Geez if every male who ever jokingly did or said something effeminate were gay, there wouldn't be a dozen breeding males amongst all you guys.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

He's not Gay, just because he single doesn't mean the man is Gay.

Dude, he's gay.. but that is not a negative.. he does a great job, and he's a great mayor...

https://www.facebook.com/NaheedNenshi

But let's take a vote: Is Naheed Nenshi gay or straight?

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
What possible difference does it make?

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

What possible difference does it make?

None, just say'in..

eh1eh
+3
#10  Top Rated Post

None, just say'in..

Quote:

“When you’re 38 years old and single and this darn good looking, people do ask that question to themselves. No one has the guts to ask me directly,” Nenshi said after the Star asked him whether he was gay and whether it matters. “I would love to have this appear in print. For the record, the answer is no if people care and no it doesn’t matter. This election has proven these sort of things don’t matter. People want to know my ideas.”

source

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
Cool.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

source

OK whatever, whatever... I was giving him cudos as a double minority Muslim and Homosexual and becoming the best Mayor in Canada.

If he is gay or not really does not concern me .. I don't really care.. He's is still the best mayor and I like him, regardless.

eh1eh
+1

OK whatever, whatever... I was giving him cudos as a double minority Muslim and Homosexual and becoming the best Mayor in Canada.

If he is gay or not really does not concern me .. I don't really care.. He's is still the best mayor and I like him, regardless.

So now that he's only a single minority what do you think?

B00Mer
Republican

So now that he's only a single minority what do you think?

He's Muslim.. still he is cool..

I like the new cop cars..

Had one parked outside my apartment all night, actually 3 of them with the spot lights on the apartment and they keep thumping on the guys door and walls so he can't sleep.

I guess they are hoping he will comes out.. and it worked.. they are unloading everything from his apartment into a police truck.

2 days to load up all the bodies..
Last edited by B00Mer; Feb 5th, 2015 at 08:19 PM..

eh1eh

What if he was a whitey. No good then?

B00Mer
Republican

What if he was a whitey. No good then?

That's right!! I'm a racist.. don't like white mayors.. LOL come on.

gerryh
Nenshi was fine in my books , voted for him twice, until recently. The broo ha in council right now, that HE started, was not cool. He made the comment, in open council, that he had "heard" that there was a problem with council members and city administration drinking and doing drugs. He has no proof, just a rumour. It should NEVER have been brought up in open council until proof was had.

petros

I like the new cop cars..

Taurusceptors have been around for a year or two here. Bitchin' cars. Designed by cops and Ford for cops.

eh1eh

That's right!! I'm a racist.. don't like white mayors.. LOL come on.

Yaaaa, I think you're missing the point.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Only because Rob Ford wasn't there.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Congratulations Mayor Nenshi!

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
For me its been worse, I have been at tea parties with grand daughters and worse
I have worn a crown and even a cape I have been dressed up had my hair done ah
sort of and grandpa is expected to come back for more. I am sometimes induced to
play hairdresser and tea party now for a great grand daughter. Does that make me
gay? Christ I hope not. the Mayor of Calgary is a great example of leadership and
some people can't stand that.