Stray dog struck by arrow gets new life and a fitting name

B00Mer
+4
Stray dog struck by arrow gets new life and a fitting name

A stray dog has been given a second shot at life and an appropriate new name after it was found in rural Saskatchewan with an arrow pierced straight through its body.

An animal rescue group has dubbed the dog Arrow, and they say her survival story is nothing short of extraordinary.

The adult husky-shepherd cross was discovered last Sunday after it showed up on a woman’s doorstep on the outskirts of Regina, with an arrow sticking through its back.

The woman quickly sent a photo of the injured dog to CC RezQs, the local animal rescue organization, and they rushed over to help.

“On our way out there we had a lot of emotions. There’s anger, there’s sadness, there’s disbelief. Honestly the only thought we had was that we were hoping this dog was alive,” CC RezQs co-founder Cady Shaw told CTV News.

Little is known about the dog’s past, but it’s believed the animal had been living with the arrow in its back for at least three days.

Despite the horrific injury, the dog is expected to make a full recovery. According to a veterinarian, the arrow bounced off of a vertebrae and pierced soft tissue. If the arrow had been going a little faster or had come from another angle, the results could’ve been dire.

“If there was enough velocity behind the arrow, it could’ve paralyzed the dog,” said veterinarian Gerad Cantin.

The brown-eyed dog, later named Arrow, is expected to recover from the injury over the next several weeks. She wears a cone around her neck and the fur where the arrow pierced has been shaved to the skin.

Arrow is now living at a foster home while the animal rescue group finds her a permanent new home.

The incident has been reported to the RCMP and the animal protection service of Saskatchewan is investigating.

Stray dog struck by arrow gets new life and a fitting name | CTV News

Ron in Regina
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
This sort'a thing pisses me off. Some archer needs a
punch in the face and a bow up his ****.

MHz
+1
You are close to there aren't you?

Now we can work on that emotion popping up when humans mistreat other humans and then cheer/brag about it.

Some jail time wouldn't hurt either along with a lifetime ban on owning firearms or pets.

Ron in Regina
+2
Yeah, I'm close. I'm in Regina. This dog was found on
the edge of Regina. The rescue group (CC RezQs) is
right here. Doesn't this look like a vicious animal....

Some loser with with a bow must feel like a real hero.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Now we can work on that emotion popping up when humans mistreat other humans and then cheer/brag about it.

Some jail time wouldn't hurt either along with a lifetime ban on owning firearms or pets.

Jail is too good for a bastard like this. There is no hope for someone who would harm a defenseless dog. A bastard like that deserves an arrow through the jugular.

JLM
+1

Jail is too good for a bastard like this. There is no hope for someone who would harm a defenseless dog. A bastard like that deserves an arrow through the jugular.

MHz
I'll bet he could single out the shooter. Put your name in, he deserves a good home.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

A bastard like that deserves an arrow through the jugular.

I'm surprised you want him to bleed out quickly. I would have though you would want him to suffer for a few days first.

B00Mer
+3
I'm just happy that the dog survived and I hope he gets adopted to a good home..

Looks like a beautiful dog, healthy coat.. German Shepard/Lab mix maybe.

JLM
+1

I'll bet he could single out the shooter. Put your name in, he deserves a good home.

I'm surprised you want him to bleed out quickly. I would have though you would want him to suffer for a few days first.

I was just saying what he deserves, hadn't actually got around to thinking about what I'd actually do!

MHz
An illegal act is not corrected by and even more illegal act. Fantasy land solutions have what use in a thread like this?

personal touch
+1
thanks boomer for the "up" story.

captain morgan
+2

An illegal act is not corrected by and even more illegal act. Fantasy land solutions have what use in a thread like this?

There is no 'correcting' this kind of thing, but there is likely a deep satisfaction in delivering a debilitating blow to some coward that has no balls and no brains

MHz
I doubt he would report it. You don't want to beat up some townie when the archer was a farmer who had been losing some chickens lately. There used to be a bounty on coyote tails, more weasels and mice when their numbers dwindled.